AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-11-27, 01:44   Link #1
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Your favorite anime character's physical traits and appearance

Mine definitely have to be long black silky hair girl with purple or green eye and couple with some hair decorations. A believable well endowed body, so no loli or exaggerated bust size. Highly preferred in high school's uniform and the preferred color of the uniform being black as well.

Two examples will be...

Rank#1 - Saki Rukino (Valvrave)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Rank#2 - Satsuki Shinonome (KoiChoco)
Images

Honorary mentions will be Yuki Yukinoshita (My Youth Love Comedy) and Youko Tsukimori (Gekkou)

Images
Images

A special mention to goes to Yuki Kaizuka (Aldnoah Zero)
Images

So what your guy's taste? Also while we at it, let add the one that we hate. I hate lolis.
Old 2014-11-27, 10:19   Link #2
MartianMage

Too lazy to upload new pics so I'll just post pics of my 2 characters I made on different MMOs that I've already uploaded instead:
Images

So to keep things short:
Brown skin cause I find it sexy
Short hair colored silver/blue or black
Small red eyes
Modest bust

The tomboy package!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2014-11-27 at 17:39.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 09:54   Link #3
azurenflugel

I usually like characters with strong, badass personality. Levi Ackerman is one example. I also have a thing for guys with silver hair. As for female anime characters, I prefer ones those that aren't whiny and dependent.
Old 2014-12-23, 15:05   Link #4
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The formula to Akuma Kinomoto's taste in fictional cartoon girls, as strictly to appearance as possible:

((Hair color +- 3)^(length))+(-eye shape > and < x, or +eye shape = x, +- eye color)+(-mouth size > and < y or +mouth size = y)+(+bust size < n when body = L, or -bust size < n when body = V, or +bust size > n when body = V, or -bust size > n when body < V, or +bust size = n when body = M, where M is L<=M<=V)+(-leg thickness > TH when body = L, or +leg thickness > TH when body >= M)+(+- hairstyle)+(+-clothing choice +- color choice)
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 15:42   Link #5
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, my three favorite female anime characters are Nanoha Takamachi, Sayaka Miki, and Honoka Kousaka. For all of them, characterization/personality is the main reason for my fondness of the character, but there's enough physical trait overlap between them for me to notice a character design pattern that's appealing to me.

The two main points being:

1. "Girl Next Door" look. All three have this in common. I think that at some level I prefer the "Girl Next Door" look to a bombshell/supermodel look or a yamato nadeshiko look or any other look.

2. Blue Eyes.

Beyond that - Somewhat slender but also a bit curvy, medium-sized breasts, short-to-shoulder length hair.

One reveal I'll make - Some of my fondness for Honoka probably is because she looks a lot like my closest childhood female friend who I did have a bit of a crush on at one time. Honoka probably looks more like that childhood/teenage friend of mine that any other anime girl I've seen.
Old 2014-12-23, 16:18   Link #6
Ghiest Cid

Usually the ones that I like are non humans.Log curly hair. They are not overly violent, tsundere and yandere.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 16:38   Link #7
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can't really see any sort of pattern of physical traits with my favourite characters (except short hair apparently - never noticed that before) so I don't think I can say much specifically on my favourite characters.

However, I have noticed that I have recently developed a thing for shoujo designs for female characters. I have no idea why but they seem to appeal to me for some reason. Kinda ironic considering they're supposed to primarily appeal to the female demographic and yet I don't seem to have any taste for the "moe" designs targeted towards the male otaku demographic (except maybe Buriki's designs). Maybe the shoujo designs appeal to my inner schoolgirl that I totally don't have. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 22:49   Link #8
itisjustme

Honestly the biggest factor for me is the voice acting. I tend to steer well away from lolis usually but Shiro from No Game No Life was win, as was Tet. Likewise Rider's voicing from Fate/Zero was awesome and the best thing in that show. After watching so much anime 95% of Japanese voice acting has become so stereotypical and mechanical to me that I'll tend to have an instant dislike to a character whose annoyingly fake voice I've heard a hundred times before already.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 22:52   Link #9
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

For physical appearance I noticed I prefer girls' hair tied into pigtails and on the smaller size body size wise.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 23:19   Link #10
HereticMagus

is that last picture even a loli? that said, no one beats Rias!
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 10:21   Link #11
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Females: Long dark hair, can be wavy or hime cut. Body from average to well-endowed on top and bottom (gimme dem child-bearing hips!). Zettai ryouki and blazer uniform. Or business suit, or navy officer suit.

Males: Tall muscular badass with epic mullet or pompadour, Go Nagai style sideburns. Or scrawny nerd like Hideroni from Nichibros.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 14:41   Link #12
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I like characters that are bad ass but have good hearts, like Gintoki from Gintama or
Luffy from One Piece. I don't care if they are pretty boys or not, as long as they are what are I suggested I'm fine.

Oh add in the fact that they have a sense of humor is a bonus for me, even if sarcastic type.

Though in general I'm not a fan of the pretty boys type but I'll give them a shot if they have like I said above.

For harem Anime I like it when geeky type characters or mis understood characters get ones, it's nice to see the under dogs win in my opinion.

For females I'd don't like the type that beat people over and over again if angry for whatever, jealousy maybe as long as they don't go over board with it. I like nice girls type for female characters, don't care if they are strong or not. As long as they have a good quality like using brains genius or just really sweet.

Though I admit, if done right I am starting to get used to those girls who have love / hate relationship type with the main boy characters.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 07:32   Link #13
lmw

- long black hair or semi long brown hair (ponytail for semi long hair is a plus; hair accessoire(s) always a plus)
- eye color not too important, but blue/green/purple/brown are nice
- slender body
- small or medium sized breasts (DFC is okay, cowtits aren't)
- clothes not very important as long as they are cute; skirts are nice
- not a fan of glasses

Example of a girl with perfect design:
Images
(Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku SS)

Last edited by lmw; 2014-12-29 at 07:45.
lmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 08:06   Link #14
Zeydra
A random passerby

I honestly can't really pinpoint any sort of pattern in regards to the actual appearance of the characters I favor. Having said that I have noticed an awful lot of my favourite characters from a visual aspect are basically knights, some good examples would be Asuna from sao and the Valkyrie sisters from the Valkyrie Profile video games. Personality wise it tends to vary far too much to nail down.

As far as males go, the appearance varies although I prefer the cool collected cloaked jacket type, and they get bonus points if they wield a sword and / or have a shady past. Hair colour I'm not particularly fussed about as long as it's not completely wild.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 23:42   Link #15
kco143

When it comes to males I definitely prefer the more masculine-looking ones, such as...

Spoiler for Kirei from Fate/Zero:

or

Spoiler for Dojo from Toshokan Sensou:

I definitely can't take all these pretty boys who I always mistake for girls until I hear them speak. -_-

Last edited by kco143; 2014-12-29 at 23:53.
kco143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 01:22   Link #16
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

In terms of female characters, I really am more drawn to them based on personality, rather than appearance. I generally prefer badass kuuderes for females. A tragic backstory also makes me feel for a character more- I guess I'm just a sucker for characters that make me wish I could reach through the screen and give them a hug.

As for appearance, many of my favorites, such as Akemi Homura, Mai Kawasumi, Saeko Busujima etc are tall, slender in build, and have black, purple, or dark blue hair. In other words, tall, dark, and bishoujo. Bust size doesn't really matter, so long as it's not ridiculously large. There's a difference between well-endowed and ridiculous.

That said, I do also have a soft spot for the "Yuki Nagato"- type appearance- short, silver hair, glasses. I suspect its because these types also have the kuudere personality I like so much. As for glasses, it depends on the girl. Nagato looks better with glasses, Homura looks better without.

That said, there are other characters that I like that don't fit the type i mentioned above. For some, i.e. Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou), Iori Nagase (Kokoro Connect) its just because I simply find them amusing. For others, like Nanoha Takamachi (and indeed Fate and Hayate as well), they're just naturally loveable.

As for male leads, I prefer one that is stronger- not a spineless harem lead, and has a personality trait I can relate to. Or, if they are simply funny and entertaining to watch.

Finally, as for things I don't like, I don't particularly like tsunderes or overly whiny girls. Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate) is one of the few tsunderes I like.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 17:38   Link #17
Fizix
Nitpicking

This probably sounds cheap but I like characters that are drawn with high production values and are richer/more detailed. I'm a sucker for high quality visuals.

Outside of that, I like characters to be distinctive looking.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 23:08   Link #18
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

If we're talking about physical appearance then I'm going to start out by saying that for me my tastes of someone's physical appearance are deeply influenced by how I view them as a person/character. Therefore:

Misaka Mikoto;
Hinagiku Katsura;
Juvia (FT);
Misaki Shokuhou;
Othinus;
Oh duh... Hinata Hyuuga.

I don't really have any other characters that I'd say I find attractive more than others... It's pretty much all about characterization.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 01:01   Link #19
sayde

I love smug, smart ass, overpowered, know it all's. Granted, they don't need to have all those traits, but 3 out of 4 works for me most of the time.
So
-Toa Tokuchi from One Outs,
-Ryoma Echizen from Prince of Tennis,
-Aizen from Bleach,
-Izayoi Sakamaki from Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo?
-And Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!
-Alucard from Hellsing
-Light Yagami from Death Note

And a few others that escape me at the moment.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote