2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-19, 21:57   Link #81
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Can someone tell me what's up with those jewels? Didn't Archer bring it to Rin? How does Shirou have it?
This is a no-spoilers thread. That means that those of us who know stuff aren't just limited in our comments on each individual episode, we are also limited in what questions we can answer. If you want something that was in the episode clarified, we can usually answer that, but generally any question that starts with "What's up with...?" is not going to be able to be answered here. You can try the spoiler thread, but don't get upset if learning stuff before you're supposed to ruins your experience...
Old 2014-10-19, 22:05   Link #82
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So I recall watching the Fate Stay Night TV series a LONG time ago, and vaguely remember the storyline / scenes.

Does anyone know if this is the exact retelling of that same series? I saw someone mention "different routes", etc. Was just wondering if I should bother watching this / wait around for it, or if re-watching the old series would spoil anything for me for this current series.

Thanks!
Old 2014-10-19, 22:13   Link #83
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So I recall watching the Fate Stay Night TV series a LONG time ago, and vaguely remember the storyline / scenes.

Does anyone know if this is the exact retelling of that same series? I saw someone mention "different routes", etc. Was just wondering if I should bother watching this / wait around for it, or if re-watching the old series would spoil anything for me for this current series.

Thanks!
It's more similar to the 2010 movie (same route) but it'll have well, more details and development.

The upcoming movie(s), Heaven's Feel, was the route that was never animated.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 22:13   Link #84
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

Thanks!
It's not an exact retelling. Fate/stay night by DEEN was based off of the visual novel, Fate/stay night, which had three specific routes. For the most part, the DEEN anime followed the first route, Fate. This anime follows the second route, Unlimited Blade Works. Radically different story.
Old 2014-10-20, 00:58   Link #85
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
To add to your points, I actually really like the scene when they were walking down the street. Saber kept watchful eyes on Shirou as if he was an endangered animal.

Spoiler for Fate/Zero comparision:
Spoiler for Fate/Zero Comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-10-20 at 08:46. Reason: Please use good labels for your spoiler tags...
mirakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 02:30   Link #86
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
This is a no-spoilers thread. That means that those of us who know stuff aren't just limited in our comments on each individual episode, we are also limited in what questions we can answer. If you want something that was in the episode clarified, we can usually answer that, but generally any question that starts with "What's up with...?" is not going to be able to be answered here. You can try the spoiler thread, but don't get upset if learning stuff before you're supposed to ruins your experience...
If the show will answer it for me then I won't ask obviously, I just thought there might a continuity error.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 03:06   Link #87
Irenesharda

A really good episode that helped explain a lot to us newbies. I'm liking Shiro and Rin more and more, and I'm beginning to understand this whole Holy Grail thing. The priest guy is interesting. He seems like just an expository mouthpiece right now but I'm guessing he becomes more important later.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 04:35   Link #88
whitecloud

oohh..kuro ilya is here, with berserker....bad news for shirou eh?

if only the one there is the other ilya from prisma, maybe the holy grail war would be won much easier...
Old 2014-10-20, 08:47   Link #89
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
A really good episode that helped explain a lot to us newbies. I'm liking Shiro and Rin more and more, and I'm beginning to understand this whole Holy Grail thing. The priest guy is interesting. He seems like just an expository mouthpiece right now but I'm guessing he becomes more important later.
I'm so happy seeing a newbie in this forum...gives a new perspective.
Anywhere else spoilers are flung left and right.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 09:46   Link #90
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
oohh..kuro ilya is here, with berserker....bad news for shirou eh?

if only the one there is the other ilya from prisma, maybe the holy grail war would be won much easier...
So be it.

Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 10:03   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
I'm so happy seeing a newbie in this forum...gives a new perspective.
Anywhere else spoilers are flung left and right.
What's especially refreshing is a newbie who actually doesn't ask questions that cause me to cringe because it takes a LOT of energy to NOT answer these questions.

That said, I hope all the newbies learn to love the franchise as much as I do. :P
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 13:31   Link #92
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Can someone tell me what's up with those jewels? Didn't Archer bring it to Rin? How does Shirou have it?
To those of us who know, or dont know, can't tell ya, or even give you a speculation cuz its a spoiler, which is an answer in itself. Go to the other thread for any questions pertaining to the plot. These episode threads is apparently only for episode appreciation and posting pictures of Tohsaka's ass. no episode/ plot comments allowed since this is an anime adaptation based on a extremely well known visual novel and not a original anime where we can get away with speculations, hints, etc. without the admins getting annoyed

Last edited by Polarpew; 2014-10-20 at 13:35. Reason: fact error
Polarpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 13:34   Link #93
R.LocK
My turn

Visual Novel.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 13:35   Link #94
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
no episode/ plot comments allowed since this is such an anime adaptation based on a extremely well known light novel and not a original anime where we can get away with speculations, hints, etc. without the admins getting annoyed
Nice wisecrack, except that not everyone has read the source material (which is a Visual Novel, not a light novel btw), and that we ask original material readers not to spoil people, be it with external material or pretenses.

If people want hints/spoilers, that's their choice and problem and they can always do themselves a favor and check the specific threads or use PM for that.
Old 2014-10-20, 13:43   Link #95
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Updates from ufotable Facebook page:

This episode in BD will have extended scenes like Rin fixing Shirou's window and other stuff.
The other stuff is probably the Church conversation extended.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 13:50   Link #96
Theminimanx

I'm very cautious about adding extra scenes to blu-ray releases. If it's like LoTR, where the scenes don't add much but are nice for fans, great. But if they keep certain essential scenes for the blu-ray, this won't end well.
Old 2014-10-20, 13:58   Link #97
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theminimanx View Post
I'm very cautious about adding extra scenes to blu-ray releases. If it's like LoTR, where the scenes don't add much but are nice for fans, great. But if they keep certain essential scenes for the blu-ray, this won't end well.
Don't worry. Everything that is important in the VN is adapted so far. Additional scenes in the BD version are just nice treat to the fans.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 14:01   Link #98
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What's especially refreshing is a newbie who actually doesn't ask questions that cause me to cringe because it takes a LOT of energy to NOT answer these questions.

That said, I hope all the newbies learn to love the franchise as much as I do. :P
I think the phrasing you're looking for is come to love, as opposed to learn. Personally I don't think I'll personally ever become a super hardcore devotee of this franchise even though I do find it interesting though. Just kind of getting too old for intense fandom and devotion to things these days be it anime, games or Western TV.

Spoiler for Comparing to past Fate franchise anime:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-10-21 at 10:23. Reason: Added tags for comparison
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 14:43   Link #99
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
They did the same with Fate/Zero. From what I remember, one episode was 10 minutes longer than on TV. None of them were essential though, just some extra detail and expanded convos.
Old 2014-10-20, 16:03   Link #100
Gundamx

Quote:
I guess that happened because they only have limit time on TV version
(there is other show beside F/SN)

and it's better bonus than ero scene
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote