AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-10, 17:04   Link #141
Twi

Review is done.

And yeah, we have the benefit of foreknowledge when they don't. The fighting could have been avoided. But one thing to note is that they referenced ancient text to find the Demon Lord's castle when the demons themselves have only been mentioned in text as far as Helck knew.

Add to that that the last time a Hero was born was about 200 years ago from the earlier episodes and Alicia supposedly being descended from them, and you really get a scope of how much time has passed.
Old 2023-10-10, 17:22   Link #142
grecefar

getting close to the true but while there are again reason for helck to turn against humanity is still not enough because of how he is.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-10, 17:52   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if there's someone manipulating things from the shadows or if the situation escalated because of a misunderstanding. I'd say the former is more likely, given what's happening in the present.

The humans were ungrateful fucks as you would expect. I thought Helck was going to snap for a second, but he instead came to another (wrong) conclusion.

I guess we can expect Alicia to die since Helck has her sword and she isn't among the ranks of the winged humans, unlike many of the characters in this flashback. Incidentally, it's sad to see how much some of them like Edil have been twisted.
Old 2023-10-10, 19:35   Link #144
Wandering Soul

You could really feel Helck's growing anger when the humans showed how ungrateful they were about Cless's struggles for them.
Old 2023-10-10, 19:38   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
getting close to the true but while there are again reason for helck to turn against humanity is still not enough because of how he is.
Can we really call it turning against humanity if humanity is effectively already gone? Just a bunch of corrupted angel soldiers. At the very least there isn't any sign so far that any humans are still around.

But yeah, we haven't gotten to the point where Helck's rage would reach insane levels. Obviously he's had a lot of bad things happen to him and his brother. But if people like his childhood friend or Alicia were still around then I think he'd still be over there trying to do something about the situation.

Sadly I think it's safe to presume the worst of the flashback is still to come...
Old 2023-10-14, 05:20   Link #146
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

The humans didn't know that the monsters weren't coming from the demons, and the demons didn't know why the humans attacked them, which then turned into the humans thinking they hadn't really beaten the big baddie since the monsters are still coming after them, but when they kept intruding into the demon realm they haven't even realized that the demons are not the ones sending monsters their way? really? Or do they not care anymore since they're now heroes and fighting is all they care about?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-14, 15:13   Link #147
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
The humans didn't know that the monsters weren't coming from the demons, and the demons didn't know why the humans attacked them, which then turned into the humans thinking they hadn't really beaten the big baddie since the monsters are still coming after them, but when they kept intruding into the demon realm they haven't even realized that the demons are not the ones sending monsters their way? really? Or do they not care anymore since they're now heroes and fighting is all they care about?
Hmm... I would think that in order for the angel-humans to ascertain that the demons aren't making the monsters is if they observed with their own eyes the monsters fighting the demons. Else, we know that the world is extremely big and the humans only occupied a small portion of it; I can see them believing the monsters come from far far beyond the current landscape they can invade into, particularly if, at their current rate of invasion, the number of monsters decreased, killed, or just plain not existed(due to barriers the demons erect) as they got closer to the demon castle Azudora and others are staying in. And that is just a small area, on the maps show in earlier episode, most of the demon lands have not even been infringed upon(they are at the castles close to the human borderlands) so still plenty of reason for them to think they have other stuffs going on out there.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-16, 04:32   Link #148
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmm... I would think that in order for the angel-humans to ascertain that the demons aren't making the monsters is if they observed with their own eyes the monsters fighting the demons. Else, we know that the world is extremely big and the humans only occupied a small portion of it; I can see them believing the monsters come from far far beyond the current landscape they can invade into, particularly if, at their current rate of invasion, the number of monsters decreased, killed, or just plain not existed(due to barriers the demons erect) as they got closer to the demon castle Azudora and others are staying in. And that is just a small area, on the maps show in earlier episode, most of the demon lands have not even been infringed upon(they are at the castles close to the human borderlands) so still plenty of reason for them to think they have other stuffs going on out there.
Or maybe this is yet another classic case of "You demons and the monsters are all non-humans and look alike so you're all a threat" mentality, if that's the case then maybe Helck is the only human who know the demons didn't send the monsters to attack humans
Old 2023-10-17, 15:43   Link #149
grecefar

Those three demons were a obvious set up, but they were talking about another human. So it was cless and he may have talked with thor in the end but something happen so thor died and cless was badly injure and that's why the blond guy was there to inform helck?
Old 2023-10-17, 17:42   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Those three demons were a obvious set up, but they were talking about another human. So it was cless and he may have talked with thor in the end but something happen so thor died and cless was badly injure and that's why the blond guy was there to inform helck?
Everything points to Raphaed being the big bad. Going by the OP, he's done some horrifying experiment with Cless and it's what led to the hero awakening. The awakening is probably bullshit in fact, he most likely injects them with Cless' flesh or something. I don't buy that every human has the potential to be a hero, a lot more of them would have popped up over the years.

As a side note, man Helck is denser than his own muscles when it comes to romance.
Old 2023-10-17, 20:54   Link #151
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just not enough decent humans it seems. There are some which still makes humanity basically getting wiped out a tragedy. But enough people were stupid and corrupt that it didn't take much for things to spiral out of control. Not sure how much I can blame the crowd. They have been under assault for a long time and been told their whole lives that demons are the source of it. It doesn't reflect well that they'd throw rocks at people that can't fight back. But people can cross lines when reaching a breaking point. Still horrible, but not entirely unbelievable.

So odds seem good that Thor and Cless would have and did talk things out. Though if Cless went in with Helck's approach they probably did some solid damage to each other before it got to that point. Considering what that one demon said it seems possible a third party intervened. I know the first episode showed Cless scoring the win, but maybe that's an inaccurate view of things. Or maybe they were forced to finish the fight against their wills. If Raphaed could drive demons insane he might have done that to Thor and forced Cless to finish him.

We're steadily heading closer to tragedy. Already getting a few "awakened" humans and it won't stop at a handful.

Of course not sure if we can pin everything on the King. If there's a New World power involved then the King might have been as victimized as anyone and corrupted. After all it doesn't make much sense for a ruler to turn all his subjects into soldiers...at that point there's no Kingdom left. But I guess we'll find out. The worst thing will be the Cless reveals. We got enough brief looks in the opening episode to know his fate is likely horrific. Combine Helck's friends forcibly getting turned into those angel warriors and probably seeing his brother in the state he'll be in...anyone would be consumed by rage.

I suppose next week is when things will truly go badly. Quite the flashback arc though. Will at least be 4 episodes long. But we're getting a lot of information.
Old 2023-10-17, 22:41   Link #152
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It was mentioned in one of the earliest episodes that Helck's been declared a criminal for killing his brother, so we kinda know how all of these will turn out, Cless will turn out to be a hopeless case and Helck will be forced to kill him either as a mercy or because he'll turn into an enemy. Will they still be able to make awakened heroes even after Cless is dead remains to be seen though.
Old 2023-10-17, 23:55   Link #153
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, when Helck was getting those stones thrown at him, that look on his face... said so much. About how disgusting humanity is, how cruel...if he had that look at the demon tournament, you would definitely believe he wanted to end all humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Everything points to Raphaed being the big bad. Going by the OP, he's done some horrifying experiment with Cless and it's what led to the hero awakening. The awakening is probably bullshit in fact, he most likely injects them with Cless' flesh or something. I don't buy that every human has the potential to be a hero, a lot more of them would have popped up over the years.
This sounds like the most plausible theory. Once he said "Trust me Helck", instant red flag he was up to no good. He also the first to notice the power of Helck being more than Cless. I'd imagine he was the one who turned "Thor the Peacemaker" into an uncontrollable monster, forcing Cless to fight him to the death, but how and why is unknown. Usually id say the why is for revenge (we never see his wife, but we see his daughter), but it hard to tell with just current info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It was mentioned in one of the earliest episodes that Helck's been declared a criminal for killing his brother, so we kinda know how all of these will turn out, Cless will turn out to be a hopeless case and Helck will be forced to kill him either as a mercy or because he'll turn into an enemy. Will they still be able to make awakened heroes even after Cless is dead remains to be seen though.
The awakened heroes didnt pop up until Cless was injured. This might also be why Helck has been deemed a "criminal"; catching him alive would probably be beneficial as it feels like he is a better, more powerful hero than Cless is. Now that I think about it, the heroes all are shaped like Helck. I don't know what that means, but I feel that might not be just a coincidence.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-20, 22:47   Link #154
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oohh next episode will be when everything went down. I love the pacing.. they expanded it into 4 episodes of flashback. Best decision ever.
Also Alicia best girl
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-24, 14:53   Link #155
magnuskn

Guess it's still going to take another episode to finish the flashback. I wonder who the beings are who are actually manipulating humanity into all of this.
Old 2023-10-24, 15:20   Link #156
Twi

Review done. I actually liked that they didn't immediately believe Helck because there was too much evidence historical that said otherwise and their reasoning made sense that the Demons would just tell Helck what he wanted to hear so he didn't fight them. We know the truth, but that's because we've seen it for ourselves.

I also liked that Alicia didn't dismiss it outright. She thinks it'd be wonderful if it was true and she wanted to go with Helck to find out.
Old 2023-10-24, 17:52   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Guess it's still going to take another episode to finish the flashback. I wonder who the beings are who are actually manipulating humanity into all of this.
Maybe the big threat the Demons are fighting in the north.
Old 2023-10-24, 19:43   Link #158
grecefar

good chapter but it went stupid at the end, why not let zeru grab cless and everyone runs away while helck fight the awaken?
Old 2023-10-24, 19:59   Link #159
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Helck was too concerned about his brother to make the most logical decision at that point.
Old 2023-10-25, 01:56   Link #160
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dang, the entire anime up until the past arc was pretty bad with fugly mascots everywhere with like 15 mins total of the actual story against the heroes, but the past arc is so good.

Quote:
good chapter but it went stupid at the end, why not let zeru grab cless and everyone runs away while helck fight the awaken?
Yeah, I was wondering how they were gonna lose at this point, but the girl stands around to get electrocuted, Helck also stops running, and he also doesn't bother to avoid the sword. So now everyone is in trouble
I guess maybe the guy was supposed to be moving at super speed? But the presentation of the scene definitely doesn't show that
Also frankly, if Helck ran away first, wouldn't the other three be affected by the King's orders again? Like bruh

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote