AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 09:19   Link #22721
Eratas123

Wouldn't the recoil hurt them?
Old 2012-02-18, 09:20   Link #22722
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@dok: This OC isn't a Hercules... I think I'll name him Sieg Sieglinde Arwell.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:23   Link #22723
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
You simply don't give them high caliber weaponry. Also, automatics.

@ Demi

Sieglinde is a feminine name... and the lab codename for Madoka
Old 2012-02-18, 09:23   Link #22724
Eratas123

Can you not call me Dok? It feels wrong.

Anyway, the only reason I made the male not that strong is simple: If I wanted a powerful IS pilot, why not use a girl? I can make an IS fic about a female pilot and it'd be fine, so why do we have to insist on making them male? Why break the rules so much when we can just fip the gender and solve every problem?

@ Senpai - Can pistols be fired safely?
Old 2012-02-18, 09:26   Link #22725
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's that a question or a joke?

If you mean it can be fired by a kid safely, as I said depending on the kid's training and body. Don't give them anything in compact frame or chambered in 45 ACP or anything labeled magnum, give them something like humble 9mm and 38 special.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:28   Link #22726
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@dok: I dunno, maybe "Par"? "Para"? "Rad"?

Also, because Sieg's not a pilot and he's going to be trying to steal IS without the assistance of one?

@zero: really? Well Linde itself sounds feminine truth be told
Old 2012-02-18, 09:30   Link #22727
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

See the whiteout above. Also, Siegmund = Ichika. Siegmund & Sieglinde = Sacred Twins.

Also, not really my business, but please not calling people something they don't agree with. Box already knew the result.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:31   Link #22728
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well... that's a coincidence my bad?
Old 2012-02-18, 09:32   Link #22729
Eratas123

@ Demi - Can you just call me what you called me before? THe word Paradox makes me mad for some reason.

I meant the Gary Stu male IS pilots in general who have no reason at all to justify their piloting. Also, the theme of the story is "women are physically stronger now" and I wanna show that you don't have to be physically stronger than them to be their equal. FI does this literally with the Sarashiki twins. Aria's better in IS piloting and most things while Saitos' more mature and Logical.

I can't help but feel that most early male IS pilot story's are basically "I want to show males being stronger again".

@ Senpai - How do you lessen gun recoil? ALso, if Laura has a kid, do you think her kid will inherit some of her super soldier genes?
Old 2012-02-18, 09:33   Link #22730
HasuMasu
*Artist

As I said, 12 was my first--didn't take a while to learn either.

EDIT: What the hell? I suddenly got ninja'd by a page full of posts!
Old 2012-02-18, 09:33   Link #22731
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Anyway, the only reason I made the male not that strong is simple: If I wanted a powerful IS pilot, why not use a girl? I can make an IS fic about a female pilot and it'd be fine, so why do we have to insist on making them male? Why break the rules so much when we can just fip the gender and solve every problem?
Methinks...

True, a normal male OC would be able to stand a common ground with a wide variety of atmosphere.

From my standpoint, giving Inami a battle-armor will give him a reason to join in the chaotic fray, not to mention his own set of problems to deal with so it won't be all "I'll just sit in the Academy and hang around."

Being the kind of guy who likes a lot of action while also not willing to take the risk of throwing additional issues(Praxidike) to the CCs themselves, I'll just go on and write up a couple of OCs and have their fates tied to said issues.

It's not about having guys being stronger(I would've run with an OOC Ichika if that was my intention, frankly speaking). It's about a bro who's out against his own problems while somehow making some positive impacts, even by a little bit, to the CCs. (for Athena's case, Cecilia)
Old 2012-02-18, 09:34   Link #22732
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Author tract aside, what Box said.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:35   Link #22733
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I congratulate you for being vexed. It seem my faith in you should still remain.

Super soldier doesn't mean gary stu. Almost all his kind died after being used as IS training dummies. That's gotta say something. Also, super soldier because then he wouldn't need to resort to any other technological enhancement on his body other than those that affected his birth.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:42   Link #22734
Eratas123

@ Demi - At no point did I say he was Gary Stu. Laura's a super soldier, and she sure as heck isn't a Stu.

@ Senpai - If Laura had a kid, would he/she inherit her super soldier genes?

@ Everyone - Is it really that hard to make an OC who gets the crap beaten out of him and isn't better at the same fields the CC's are? Okay, before anybody comments: I don't think OC's need to be weak, they just need a justifiable reason to be strong. I read Skyrim fics which feature DragonBorn OC's and that's fine because he has a damn good reason to be badass. On the other hand, just saying "This guy can pilot an IS for some reason and dual wield katana's" is just tacked on.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:46   Link #22735
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Assuming she can have a kids. Of course, they'll be inferior than Laura, even though they're better than average human.

I won't comment, being one of the few people who did just that.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:47   Link #22736
HasuMasu
*Artist

The only male OC I have can't pilot an IS, or anything like that...so I don't know.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:48   Link #22737
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Because most writers are overcompensating, trying to put their characters on level with the cast. In other cases, they are trying to one up the cast to make them relevant to the plot. Though a larger half of that is just ego-driven self-imprinting on the OC.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:50   Link #22738
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Demi - At no point did I say he was Gary Stu. Laura's a super soldier, and she sure as heck isn't a Stu.

@ Senpai - If Laura had a kid, would he/she inherit her super soldier genes?

@ Everyone - Is it really that hard to make an OC who gets the crap beaten out of him and isn't better at the same fields the CC's are? Okay, before anybody comments: I don't think OC's need to be weak, they just need a justifiable reason to be strong. I read Skyrim fics which feature DragonBorn OC's and that's fine because he has a damn good reason to be badass. On the other hand, just saying "This guy can pilot an IS for some reason and dual wield katana's" is just tacked on.
IF Laura will have, but in small instances, they'd be a little inferior than her, as what zero says
Old 2012-02-18, 09:50   Link #22739
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

THIS.

What Demi said, Age already postulates this when I debated with him about the necessity of male I.S. pilot, though Demi explain it more clearly.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:50   Link #22740
Eratas123

If they're strong, but not overtly so and have flaws, then it's okay. Having Arnold Shwarzenager copies is getting annoying. Thankfully, it's getting better recently.

@ Senpai - WHat do you think her kid inherits?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest