Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-30, 02:17   Link #6361
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan71 View Post
Were probably just going to have to agree to disagree on these points. We both seem to be indelible in our beliefs on these characters. The whole point I was trying to make was that I just hope the show ends up redeeming him rather than giving him one last screw over and then killing off his character, which I never thought he deserved. While I will concede the point that Lelouch has lost alot as well and fate is more the cause than mistakes made by the characters, I just never really liked Lelouch so I never felt as much about his losses. It all comes down to opinion though. I tend to like the characters on the moral high ground and it always seemed like Suzaku (the idealist) had that advantage even though he was on the wrong side, which foiled well against Lelouch (the realist) who always seemed to have less values and be on the right side.
I also want Suzaku to finally see the error of his ways. I don't like him, but I feel that he could redeem himself. At this point, however, I just see failure as the only way that's going to happen. If he keeps playing for Schneizel, he's going to have to fail.
Old 2008-08-30, 02:23   Link #6362
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I also want Suzaku to finally see the error of his ways. I don't like him, but I feel that he could redeem himself. At this point, however, I just see failure as the only way that's going to happen. If he keeps playing for Schneizel, he's going to have to fail.
Well is Shniezel losing because of the actions of Lelouch or the choices that Suzaku makes that causes Shniezel to lose. I honestly don't see Shniezel losing to Lelouch because of Lelouch's superiority but then again Lelouch is the protagonist so he does ultimately win but under what circumstances.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 02:26   Link #6363
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Well is Shniezel losing because of the actions of Lelouch or the choices that Suzaku makes that causes Shniezel to lose. I honestly don't see Shniezel losing to Lelouch because of Lelouch's superiority but then again Lelouch is the protagonist so he does ultimately win but under what circumstances.
Fair enough. Suzaku may very well see the light and help to orchestrate Schneizel's downfall. I suspect such a thing would be near the end, though, after Schneizel does something rather surprising.
Old 2008-08-30, 02:29   Link #6364
JMan71
Jedi Master

Quote:
Fair enough. Suzaku may very well see the light and help to orchestrate Schneizel's downfall. I suspect such a thing would be near the end, though, after Schneizel does something rather surprising.
agreed (Im typing whats in the parenthesis to make this long enough to post)
JMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 18:51   Link #6365
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
If nothing else, there's always spectacular failure. He won't get much of it in 21, but just wait. I'm thinking that by 24, someone/thing is going to seriously hand Suzaku's ass to him, and he'll just be broken since everything he's tried has failed miserably.
I just don't see failure or getting his ass handed to him as being what will turn him around. He got owned by the new Guren and that didn't do much good. Lost in that sword fight and couldn't assassinate the Emperor, but doesn't seem like it was a changing moment. Just going to have to find another method to get him to change. I personally have no clue how they plan on pulling it off. Maybe just finding something that's worth changing back for. Find a reason to get off this mindset and maybe just have something to try and protect one more time.
Old 2008-08-30, 18:57   Link #6366
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I just don't see failure or getting his ass handed to him as being what will turn him around. He got owned by the new Guren and that didn't do much good. Lost in that sword fight and couldn't assassinate the Emperor, but doesn't seem like it was a changing moment.
Getting owned by the Guren indirectly set him on this path. Losing to Bismarck just hasn't had its resolution yet. Lelouch arrived to steal his glory and Suzaku took off to stop him, earning him a pitfall. I should be more specific on his failure. Not just getting his ass handed to him, which would be the starting point, but watching as his goals are denied to him. Actually realizing that his allegiance to Britannia will do nothing but see him reaching for an object just beyond his grasp is what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Just going to have to find another method to get him to change. I personally have no clue how they plan on pulling it off. Maybe just finding something that's worth changing back for. Find a reason to get off this mindset and maybe just have something to try and protect one more time.
Yes, he'll need to find something worth fighting for other than himself if he's to be redeemed. I think it will take him a bit, though.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:31   Link #6367
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Though I'm not sure just how to take the change of heart yet, I must say this...

ABOUT DAMN TIME

Thank you Suzaku for getting over your issues and working with Lelouch. I may actually find this new Suzaku likable.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:34   Link #6368
DN24

Spoiler for :
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:39   Link #6369
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
And now....

They work together again... (I thought this moment would never come... I'm touched )

I'm so happy!!

Suzaku is the knight of Zero!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:39   Link #6370
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

I bet a lot of people did not think that was going to happen to Suzaku.
The Suzaku haters must be in pain now.

ALL HAIL THE KNIGHT OF ZERO SUZAKU
Chaos Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:40   Link #6371
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

This pretty much destroys any idea I had of the direction of this show. Bravo writers.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:42   Link #6372
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

I must admit they did a pretty good job. Hats off to them.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:43   Link #6373
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Congratulations! Your SPINzaku has evolved into NINJAzaku!
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:43   Link #6374
mega4000
Banned

Omg""""""" finally! Take this suzaku haters! Suzaku is da man! The knight of zero!!!!!!!! You wanted kallen? No!!!!!! You wanted jeremiah? Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! The knight of zero is suzaku!!!!!!!!
mega4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 03:47   Link #6375
mega4000
Banned

Yeah! Ninjazaku to protect emperor lelouch!!! Now lelouch has the best knight ever!!!!!!!! The knight of zero!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-31, 03:47   Link #6376
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

Is it just me or did Suzaku get new pilot clothes.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:51   Link #6377
mega4000
Banned

Yeah! And it looks awesome!
Old 2008-08-31, 03:54   Link #6378
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

Oh good because I thought my eye's were playing tricks on because of the lack of sleep.
Old 2008-08-31, 03:55   Link #6379
000q

Quote:
Suzaku, on the other hand, got where he is because of Lelouch.
It could be said Lelouch got where he got to because he's the son of an Empress, and has Geass.

Suzaku on the other hand, it could also be said, faced all the odds in the world - prejudice, discrimination, racism, and made it to become Knight of 7 of the most powerful country in the Geass universe - all on his own abilities, nothing borrowed, without conforming to immoral methods. Haven't seen episode 21 however, so the Suzaku all Suzaku-fans liked might now be changed irrevocably - probably not, he and lelcouh will make up and be best friends at the end of Episode 25 (obviously; it's anime).

Personally I find Suzaku far more likable than Lelouch. It's pointless to say who got where because of whom. Lelouch is only where he is because C.C. gave him a Geass. If C.C. stayed down/dead for one more minute after being headshot during the first episode of Season 1, this story would be about Suzaku and Lelouch/Zero would be pretty much outside the picture cos he would have been shot/executed by the Britanian commander.

By your logic, Lelouch wouldn't be where he is without Suzaku. Suzaku could have shot him in R1 during Episode 1 (you paint him in your posts like Suzaku _not_ shooting Lelouch during R1 EP1 would have been out of hte norm). That's one instance. How about all the instances Suzaku has saved Lelouch from falling off a building? Once when the cat took his helmet, another time just before Shirley's death. I could go through my MKVs and find a thousand other such instances that, while not vital to the plot, would have spelt Lelouch's death instantly if this show was RL and not written by a bunch of writers.

I think your endless bashing of one character is just over the top and extremely one-sided.
000q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 04:00   Link #6380
mega4000
Banned

don't discuss about who is better than who! because now suzaku is!
Spoiler:

T

H

E

Kn

o

f

0!!!!