Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-28, 11:09   Link #381
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Both sisters look amazing in bikini's .
Old 2022-01-29, 13:04   Link #382
Frontier

Souma finally has a face-to-face meeting with Georg, locked up in a dungeon and facing the consequences of his plan to aid the kingdom through sacrificing himself to secure the prosperity of Elfrieden and take out the corrupt nobles. He won't even let Liscia see him because he's turned himself into a criminal that needs to be wiped away from the kingdom .

Man, Castor and Carla really did screw themselves over. Their duchy has been abolished, they're facing trial for their actions, Castor's son at least gets their keep and family name...but they really throw themselves away for Georg on a plan they weren't even aware of .

Jeez, Souma's had to execute a lot of people, even family members just tangentially related to the corrupt nobles. Souma was only just able to mend the laws so they didn't target kids, but then they end up orphans as a result. I guess I can't deny the efficiency of rooting out the entirety of the corruption, but it seems excessive .

Was this the only means they had available to help the kingdom? Did it really have to come at the cost of Georg, Castor, and his daughter? If they had worked together more openly, could they have achieved the result with less deaths and sacrificing people Souma would have preferred to continue to work with? Whatever the case, Georg is satisfied that he went out paving the way for the new generation, and for Liscia's happiness .

Wait, did Liscia's parents help orchestrate this? What do these two know that we don't ?

I guess the least Souma could do is give Georg the dignity of a peaceful death through poisoned wine instead of a public execution. Liscia seemed to take the news of his death calmly, but I can only imagine the internal anguish she feels

Jeanne and Hakuya are getting pretty chummy...and, of course, she tries to bring Hakuya over to their kingdom like she did Souma. Also nice to know Hakuya has a retirement plan, even if it's probably a long ways off .

Wait, did Roroa take all the important books from the Amidonian library so Elfrieden didn't get them? She really is a clever girl. And it seems like she has some marital plans for her future .

I wasn't expecting Aisha's dad to use his commendation ceremony to pimp out his daughter and ask Souma to marry her, basically admitting her feelings to him in front of an audience, but I guess that's one way of offering your daugthers' hand in marriage .

Of course Aisha is glad to not only be Souma's personal bodyguard but to be his bride as well, and Souma isn't against it, but of course he wants Liscia's approval. Not that he's completely sorted out his relationship with Liscia beyond her being a priceless part of his family and someone he needs, but Liscia knows that as king he'll have to marry other women for one reason or another so his second queen may as well be someone Liscia knows. And thus, Aisha becomes queen #2 .

You can tell how disappointed Juna is when she sees Aisha become Souma's next bride, so after her attempt to use her accomplishments to try and help her uncle-in-law (?) and cousin (?) fails, she makes her own pitch to be his next bride. But she's too popular as an Elfrieden idol for that to go over well, so until the industry becomes big enough for Juna to retire to being Souma's 3rd queen, they'll just have to wait. But at least it's a promise .

So I guess they didn't actually root out all the corruption in the kingdom? And now Souma will have to contend with this secret Cabal plotting behind his back .
Old 2022-01-29, 15:10   Link #383
Decel

The Harem-building episode.

Souma officially got further than most protagonists in harem-rom-com anime history.
Old 2022-01-29, 16:01   Link #384
grecefar

Well souma knows that no matter the world if an idols get engage there will be violence lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 03:25   Link #385
Huh...?

Kind-off sad they removed the concept of "Primary Queen & Secondary Queen" in the Anime, and instead went with "Queen & Consort".
It's understandable that explaining the concept and history behind the Primary & Secondary Queens Titles would take sometime, which is why it was skipped. But it is a nice aspect of the Novel plot, which the Anime skipped (it's not a major plot, but still kind-off important)

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 08:46   Link #386
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Kind-off sad they removed the concept of "Primary Queen & Secondary Queen" in the Anime, and instead went with "Queen & Consort".
It's understandable that explaining the concept and history behind the Primary & Secondary Queens Titles would take sometime, which is why it was skipped. But it is a nice aspect of the Novel plot, which the Anime skipped (it's not a major plot, but still kind-off important)
I don't think it's particularly interesting. It's an official harem with levels, which was conveyed in the ep - move on.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 17:26   Link #387
Znail

Quote:
The anime did mention primary and secondary queen in relation to Liscia and Aisha. Juna was considered for (future) Consort as she wasn't royalty.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 18:12   Link #388
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
The anime did mention primary and secondary queen in relation to Liscia and Aisha. Juna was considered for (future) Consort as she wasn't royalty.
What they mentioned was "First Queen" & "Second Queen".
That's different from what i mentioned as stated in the Novel.

Since its a skipped content, so i would explain it.
In the Novel, Liscia is the "First Primary Queen" while Aisha is the "Second Primary Queen".
On the other hand, Juna is given the position of "First Secondary Queen".

Now, the difference between a "Secondary Queen" & "Consort" isn't that different (aka., they have negligible political power, and their descendant have no right to the throne, unless all the descendant of Primary Queen & King are dead).

The Key factor is the History behind the denotation.

In the past of Elfrieden Kingdom, the system of "Queen" & "Consort" existed. But in general, the "Consorts" term wasn't looked upon nicely by the society, and their position was more weak as well.
One of the Former Elfrieden King, who equally loved his Queens & Consorts, didn't like the fact that many if his wives were treated as Consorts (which had a negative connotation to the term).
So, he decided to change the System, and introduce the concept of "Primary Queen" and "Secondary Queen".
While the power mechanic stayed practically the same under the new concept (aka., only the Primary Queens & their children had any political power and right to the throne, like the previous Queen title had, with the highest authority given to the First Primary Queen).
The Consorts were now treated as Queens as well (though Secondary), and with significantly low power (though higher than their previous Consort position). This allowed there position and treatment to be better than before, so the system remained the same until present.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-01-31 at 03:09.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 23:50   Link #389
yuiichi9

I think the story and characters are bad. Before souma arrive to the world all of the people working for the Elfrieden Kingdom are stupid. The only reason I think the author made it that way is so the people of that world praise souma, as if he were a genius when in fact he is stupid and a coward. Might as well make every person in that world have the same intelligence as a caveman/cave woman. The characters are flat. There are anime that are honest and upfront of what the focus is on them and there are others that tried to be something that is not. This anime is the latter. Maybe it should stick to the harem only since everything else fails.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 00:32   Link #390
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Before souma arrive to the world all of the people working for the Elfrieden Kingdom are stupid. The only reason I think the author made it that way is so the people of that world praise souma
Is this your first isekai?

Quote:
There are anime that are honest and upfront of what the focus is on them and there are others that tried to be something that is not.
It was clearly an isekai from the first episode, and the title states that it's about him rebuilding the kingdom, which is what he's been doing. What part is not upfront or honest here?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-03, 03:54   Link #391
Tenzen12

Other isekai being bad does not make being bad alright in any of them though...
Old 2022-02-03, 09:18   Link #392
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just watched episode 4. Really really really like the first half.

The second half..........Eh.
Old 2022-02-04, 08:30   Link #393
Lex79

Quote:
I think the story and characters are bad. Before souma arrive to the world all of the people working for the Elfrieden Kingdom are stupid. The only reason I think the author made it that way is so the people of that world praise souma, as if he were a genius when in fact he is stupid and a coward. Might as well make every person in that world have the same intelligence as a caveman/cave woman. The characters are flat. There are anime that are honest and upfront of what the focus is on them and there are others that tried to be something that is not. This anime is the latter. Maybe it should stick to the harem only since everything else fails.
But Souma is neither stupid nor coward. It's just that he's someone who prefers diplomacy over war and making alliances instead of conquering nations.
What exactly were you expecting from this series that makes you think it's not what it was advertised to be?
Old 2022-02-04, 19:33   Link #394
Itlandm
Porcupine

Being cautious is definitely part of the advertised "realist" main character. While the previous king is indeed implied to be a pretty underwhelming administrator, the whole plot to draw out the treasonous nobles shows that there were people who were both courageous and intelligent. And Souma's choice to accept their sacrifice despite his own moral conviction shows a maturity that is exceptional for his age. Most Japanese Isekai heroes assume by default that their cultural values are superior to the world they find themselves in, and that may well be the case here, but Souma still believes that it is not realistic to impose his values on the country so openly. Instead he works step by step to bring the best parts of his own background into his new homeworld, when and where he sees that it is realistic. This is literally the name of the anime, so I for one am neither surprised nor disappointed.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 19:51   Link #395
Znail

What I find odd is how little power the king have in this country. Even in USA the president (essentially an elected king) have the power to pardon people at will.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 20:04   Link #396
Tenzen12

But I would really want to see which president would get reelected after giving amnesty to Ted Bundy. Some things are possible on paper, but not in reality.
Old 2022-02-05, 08:35   Link #397
yuiichi9

This anime tried to be about managing a country, politics and economy but fail. I had already wrote the things I don't like about this anime on previous pages and I know this is a isekai anime. Maybe that is why the author include a harem, to attract people to see this garbage. Hope that there is a good character development on many of them since everyone is flat. Well most of isekai anime are garbage, this is not the exception.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 09:31   Link #398
Tenzen12

I wouldn't say it does ALL things about politics and economy wrong, but it certainly doesn't do them well either. And if harem is meant to fix it it doesn't work at all imho. Harem is handled most poorly of all story elements.
Old 2022-02-05, 13:05   Link #399
Frontier

Liscia visits Carla locked up in the dungeon to unload emotionally, revealing a part of her was hurt having to accept Souma having other women and that she's still trying to process losing Carmine and having had to live with two of the most important men in her life being at odds...and she doesn't want to lose Carla too. But Carla seems resigned to her fate .

Castor and Carla's trial begins and it has to be pretty surreal being defended by your mother-in-law and grandmother .

Well, Castor may have been dumb to go along with opposing Souma in the first place, but you have to respect how desperately he pleads for his daughters' life, willing to take any punishment if it means saving Carla .

Souma asks for the opinion of the royal court and there are two dissenting voices asking for leniency for the Vargas' because of their circumstances and distinguished service to the kingdom...which ends up saving them from Souma's purge when he kills the rest of the court who were disloyal or flaky, basically ensuring Souma's control and taking out the inner corruption of the kingdom. Effective, but very severe .

And it turns out Souma has his own black ops unit led by Carmi...I mean, Kagetora! Who is totally not a previous character who we presumed died in the last episode under a new identity and basically being Souma's Batman. Wait, did Souma really not tell Liscia about this beforehand ?

Well, Souma takes everything into account and lets Castor off with having to live with Excel for seemingly the rest of his life. Castor gets away with his life, but he may never see the rest of his family again. In a way he still lost everything but his life .

As for Carla, she's reduced to a slave, but one Souma entrusts with a very major command...to watch over him to take him out in case he ever becomes a tyrant, because he feels people like Liscia and Aisha are too emotionally invested in him to be able to stop him if he ever goes too far. I guess that's probably a more reasonable job for Carla than to become Souma's 4th wife .

Souma is feeling the pressure from having to be a king and living by Machiavelli's rules for a good ruler, having basically just executed a lot of people, and the only way Liscia and Aisha can think of to comfort him...is to basically offer themselves up to him practically naked and go from there. It's so ridiculous, but it does seem to take a load off of Souma's mind and leads to a cute scene of them all in bed together .

Roroa's not happy with Julius' decision making or the edge Elfrieden got over Van, and now knowing Souma's character, it looks like she's going to put her own plan into action and make a big splash between her brother and Souma .
Old 2022-02-05, 13:59   Link #400
AP24

Quote:
Actually the anime did say primary and secondary queen, it’s just the English subs wasn’t accurate.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote