JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 22:20   Link #22
Nivek von Beldo

Have i know zero about GITS..i would though the blonde with glasses was the MC
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 22:42   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Congratulations! You Made me want to watch it even more!
Old 2020-04-26, 05:55   Link #24
Dextro
He Without a Title

So did they cancel a PS3 game and re-used the game engine for this? Is that it?
Old 2020-04-26, 20:04   Link #25
Uribatake

As much as I miss Yoko Kanno's soundtrack, there's enough Kamiyama-ness in this show to make it feel like good ol' GitS: SAC to me, not to mention it's great to have Atsuko Tanaka, Akio Ohtsuka, Koichi Yamadera and the rest of the original cast back. Also, the CG quality is much better than I expected, with a nicely filmic look and a framerate that rarely drops below 24fps, unlike Ultraman. If only the characters' faces were more expressive.

After the first six episodes essentially told a single story about bringing the Section 9 team back together, I was afraid there would be no stand-alone episodes, but episodes 7-10 were pretty good self-contained pieces that still advanced the overall season arc about the post-humans. Episodes 11-12, however, felt like the first two parts of an arc that was cut off partway because Netflix arbitrarily decided to split the show in two 12-episode seasons.

Other than not knowing when I'll get to watch the 12 remaining episodes, I was only bothered by two things: the dissolution of Togusa's marriage (the fact that he was a family man gave him a different point of view than the rest of the team) and the addition of Purin to the cast. Her pink-haired moe schtick doesn't fit the show at all.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2020-04-26 at 21:16.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 03:52   Link #26
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
LMAO What is Mike Zacharias doing there?
Old 2020-04-27, 06:45   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
As much as I miss Yoko Kanno's soundtrack, there's enough Kamiyama-ness in this show to make it feel like good ol' GitS: SAC to me, not to mention it's great to have Atsuko Tanaka, Akio Ohtsuka, Koichi Yamadera and the rest of the original cast back. Also, the CG quality is much better than I expected, with a nicely filmic look and a framerate that rarely drops below 24fps, unlike Ultraman. If only the characters' faces were more expressive.

After the first six episodes essentially told a single story about bringing the Section 9 team back together, I was afraid there would be no stand-alone episodes, but episodes 7-10 were pretty good self-contained pieces that still advanced the overall season arc about the post-humans. Episodes 11-12, however, felt like the first two parts of an arc that was cut off partway because Netflix arbitrarily decided to split the show in two 12-episode seasons.

Other than not knowing when I'll get to watch the 12 remaining episodes, I was only bothered by two things: the dissolution of Togusa's marriage (the fact that he was a family man gave him a different point of view than the rest of the team) and the addition of Purin to the cast. Her pink-haired moe schtick doesn't fit the show at all.
If the story stops in the middle, I guess I'll wait until the next 12 episodes are released before watching, whenever that will be. I'm not sure I'll be able to take the series seriously with this "animation" though. This is something that can hurt the narrative if it takes you out of it because you're laughing too much.
Old 2020-04-27, 18:42   Link #28
Decel

Watched ep 1. Struggled to finish it. Dropped.
Old 2020-04-27, 19:18   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Is it wrong that now I'm actually more curious about this?
Old 2020-04-27, 19:58   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, very much so.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 21:58   Link #31
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes, very much so.
I'm waiting all 26 chapter to watch it at once, i watched the awful hero mask, this seems tolerable

but we realize..people only cared GITS for the animation anyway
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 23:37   Link #32
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I’m just waiting for the dub, really. I’ve watched the first few episodes, and yes, the graphics is what it is, unfortunately. But the rest though (story and pacing) feels like the old Gits SAC to me... Let’s see!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-28, 17:02   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
I'm waiting all 26 chapter to watch it at once, i watched the awful hero mask, this seems tolerable

but we realize..people only cared GITS for the animation anyway
The good animation was the cherry on top, it simply made the cake better. This horrible animation is the turd on top, it makes the cake taste like shit.
Old 2020-04-28, 21:49   Link #34
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.melrose.co.jp/mensmelros...il.php?id=3025

Melrose has shirts made in production with Production IG.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-29, 02:35   Link #35
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The good animation was the cherry on top, it simply made the cake better. This horrible animation is the turd on top, it makes the cake taste like shit.
To employ a military jargon, elements like animation, good voice acting be it original or local and musical score are forces multipliers. You can have the largest numbers, it wont do shit with a shit general, bad logistics, poor training, lousy equipment, not knowing the terrain etc... The same could apply to animation, you can have the greatest story , it wont do shit if a very bad element distract from it, like what happened to Berserk 2016. The reverse happened with Infinite Stratos, that have serviceable animation, good waifu and nearly all-stars seiyuu cast, it sold like hot cakes and we all objectively know that the cake is actually hollow. Ideally when we look at GiTS or any of the older franchises, we want Stand Alone Complex OG to happen, or Jojo.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 21:10   Link #36
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the first 12 down and the last 2 episodes really hit home for this series the whole post human doing insane things
Old 2020-05-03, 21:57   Link #37
Magewolf

I have only managed to make it through the first episode so far but I wonder if this whole war thing is supposed to be trying to tie into Appleseed? I know there were always theories that Appleseed was GITS's future.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-04, 12:47   Link #38
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Tried this yesterday, and I actually liked it. I didn't even mind the animation that much.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-05, 08:30   Link #39
Friday
Im shy too...

seen the 1st 6 episodes....it was ok.

as for the graphics....oh well a new generation to takeover but not as good as the originals(and gave Kusanngi a well rounded cute butt)

looking forward to next 6 episodes
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 02:36   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Saw the first episode, not a fan of how things are looking. I liked the old dub so it's nice to hear them again, but the characters don't feel the same anymore. They're getting into a firefight and having ordnance thrown at them and they're just nonchalant and cocky about it? They hated getting into battles and preferred doing things quiet and quick when possible.

Togusa the married family man of all people using his hands instead of his gun at a crazy guy...and later we find out he's fucking divorced now? I fear this might be a bit of a slog to get through and I'll have to cleanse with a rewatch of original SAC. I'll give it a chance but I guess I should've known better than to get my hopes up after Arise. They just can't seem to recapture the magic the series used to have.

Tags
action, ghost in the shell, new anime, sci-fi, shiro masamune