AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-27, 06:31   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Another excellent ep from the season's most overlooked series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-27, 19:43   Link #22
Decel

I have a different view after watching ep 5: Dropped.

Felt too much as a paint-by-the-numbers series where the only peculiar element is the setting of corporate badminton.

I expected badminton, but all I got were scores and still frames and uncontextualized plays with either one-dimensional or extremely generic character profiles. I hope next season's series will deliver on the sporting element.
Old 2022-02-28, 04:56   Link #23
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I have a different view after watching ep 5: Dropped.

Felt too much as a paint-by-the-numbers series where the only peculiar element is the setting of corporate badminton.

I expected badminton, but all I got were scores and still frames and uncontextualized plays with either one-dimensional or extremely generic character profiles. I hope next season's series will deliver on the sporting element.
I can understand your sentiment. In the sports department, it is definitely no Haikyuu (and I think most can agree it's the gold standard of modern sports anime in terms of showcasing the actual sport in all it's fluidity and plays).
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 19:42   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I liked this show quite a bit and thought it improved as time went on. I'd be happy to see our Sunlight boys move on to the next tournament in another season. Best sports show with adults since https://myanimelist.net/anime/37965/...uyoku_Fuiteiru.

I thought the dynamics of the matches themselves were pretty well portrayed. There's only so much you can do with a shuttlecock.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 06:37   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm no fan of that other show, but I did like this one. Things were fraying a bit but the finale saved the day rather nicely.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badminton, sports