AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 19:47   Link #381
anfera103

Someone can tell me what is the relationship of Holmes and Lupin, I always believed that professor Moriarty was his enemy
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 20:32   Link #382
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfera103 View Post
Someone can tell me what is the relationship of Holmes and Lupin, I always believed that professor Moriarty was his enemy
Spoiler for HnA:

I'll try to translate at least 3k per week during a month...My wishes to YGG.
Old 2011-04-29, 20:59   Link #383
tsunade666

Moriarty and Holmes are really sworn enemies.

But for Lupin it's morel like what kira said Rivals.
Old 2011-04-29, 21:27   Link #384
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfera103 View Post
See Arsene Lupin vs Holmlock Shears (AKA Holmes). They aren't trying to kill each other unlike with the Professor.
Old 2011-04-29, 21:36   Link #385
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
will that Connect klutz be in our gigolo's harem?
No indication yet that she'll be part of Kinji's harem. However, she did make a fangirl-like reaction when she first met Kinji. I guess we can look forward to her being one in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
See Arsene Lupin vs Holmlock Shears (AKA Holmes). They aren't trying to kill each other unlike with the Professor.
Isn't it Herlock Sholmes? Haha, I know the change of name is because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sued the author of Arsene Lupin for using Sherlock Holmes without his permission, and the author of Lupin altered his name a bit. Oh wait... does Doyle still keep the copyright for Sherlock Holmes? If yes, then Akamatsu-sensei is liable for lawsuit.
Old 2011-04-29, 21:46   Link #386
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Sleith View Post
No indication yet that she'll be part of Kinji's harem. However, she did make a fangirl-like reaction when she first met Kinji. I guess we can look forward to her being one in the future.

Isn't it Herlock Sholmes? Haha, I know the change of name is because Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sued the author of Arsene Lupin for using Sherlock Holmes without his permission, and the author of Lupin altered his name a bit. Oh wait... does Doyle still keep the copyright for Sherlock Holmes? If yes, then Akamatsu-sensei is liable for lawsuit.
Herlock is the French original used by LeBlanc.

Holmlock is the English edition

I suppose the England version is further from the original to avoid pissing off Doyle...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-04-29 at 21:57.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 21:49   Link #387
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Herlock is the French original used by LeBlanc.

Holmlock is the English edition

I suppose the England version is further from the original to avoid pissing off Doyle...
Oh, didn't know there was a different one from the original.

I see now, Holmlock Shears do sound like a different person more than Herlock.

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-04-29 at 22:06.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 21:58   Link #388
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Oh, didn't know there was a different one from the original.

I see now, Holmlock Shears do sound like a different person more than Herlock.
If you ask me though, I say that deputy from the Crystal Stopper is a far bigger adversary for Lupin than Holmes....
Old 2011-04-29, 23:14   Link #389
Athena
The Power of One

Well, in Maurice Leblanc's works with Arsène Lupin, Herlock Sholmes sometimes looks more like a 'police bad guy' who shoots and kills. Read most of the series in French, so I can tell.
Old 2011-04-29, 23:26   Link #390
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Well, in Maurice Leblanc's works with Arsène Lupin, Herlock Sholmes sometimes looks more like a 'police bad guy' who shoots and kills. Read most of the series in French, so I can tell.
But that's fitting with the actual Holmes himself no? As in he does't hesitate to shoot if necessary unlike Lupin
Old 2011-04-30, 01:41   Link #391
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
But that's fitting with the actual Holmes himself no? As in he does't hesitate to shoot if necessary unlike Lupin
well he IS a detective, and he only snoops around, but i dunno if I read the entire Sherlock Holmes books so I cant tell if he participates in active combat such as gunfights with the exact criminal he figured out but I know that he participates in the arrest
Old 2011-04-30, 04:43   Link #392
Seitsuki
Onee!

I've read pretty much most of the books and the only living creature I remember he ever shot was the Baskerville Hound (IIRC he pushed/got dragged with the Prof off the cliff). Does plenty of awesome dueling and fistfights though.

Oh and good job with the TLing you guys <3 keep it up!
Old 2011-04-30, 04:58   Link #393
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

It depends on your country. Right now, almost all of Doyle's works, except for one (The Case Book), is under Public Domain. The Case Book enters Public Domain between 2016 and 2023.
Old 2011-04-30, 06:09   Link #394
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I've read pretty much most of the books and the only living creature I remember he ever shot was the Baskerville Hound (IIRC he pushed/got dragged with the Prof off the cliff). Does plenty of awesome dueling and fistfights though.

Oh and good job with the TLing you guys <3 keep it up!
Thank you <3
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 07:14   Link #395
Athena
The Power of One

Just to be sure, is Reki's weapon a SVD sniper rifle?
Old 2011-04-30, 07:40   Link #396
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Yes, it is.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 09:21   Link #397
ZeKeR
Superbad

Im still awed by Reki to shoot without the SVD's bipod and can make miracles out of that Russian rifle.

i dun think she has feelings for kinji tho... i cant crack her expressions even in the LN
Old 2011-04-30, 09:31   Link #398
endarion88

Quote:
Im still awed by Reki to shoot without the SVD's bipod and can make miracles out of that Russian rifle.

i dun think she has feelings for kinji tho... i cant crack her expressions even in the LN
maibe not now but i think she will have feelings for Kinji at the end of vol 6 or 7 maibe someone who have read them can confirm, as for her skill she's my goddes from vol 3 when she used what i called the "Hokuto Shot" against the wolf!
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 09:37   Link #399
tsunade666

^ Apparently it's vol 7.

A question on vol 6. I was trying to read a couple of few page but I'm kinda confused because it's machine translation but from what I understand. It looks like a Reki + Haimaki VS Kinji. If Kinji can escape from Reki. Which Reki will attack 7 times and in those 7 times. If Kinji can manage to escape he wins. In the absolute range of Reki 2051 meters. But it looks like Haimaki is Reki's front. Haimaki does the attack on Kinji. Is the situation right? I'm still at the beginning.
Old 2011-04-30, 09:37   Link #400
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

She could be the Nagato Yuki of Kinji's harem. After all, he already has 2 yanderes, 1 tsundere, and is already committing incest.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen