AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-24, 15:09   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, I didn't like Byakuya either. He only became "decent" after chapter 4, and he is at least "useful" during the trials.
Fuyuhko OTOH is basically Mondo fused with Byakuya, without any of the latter's good points thus far: acting like he is the boss and keep trashtalking all the time. And exactly because he didn't exactly do anything during the first chapter, his behaviour is hardly called for hence why I have trouble to even get interested in him.

Well, personally I didn't really find Kuzuryuu so offensive in the first chapter. Rather than acting like he's the boss, he more or less just kept pushing people away from him, much like Togami did in the previous game's first half (which, interestingly enough, the fat Togami even vaguely references at one point). Still, I do find it interesting to see some folks who are more critical of the more tame characters like Kuzuryuu and Koizumi (the latter being almost TOO normal) over the more extreme ones like Ibuki or Nidai.

Oh, and as far as the Souda/Hagakure comparison goes..... well, at least Souda has a super talent that's actually useful.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 15:21   Link #82
Kirayuki

My gripe with Kuzuryuu is mostly how "brat" his attitude is through out the 2 chapters. I am personally fine with those extreme quirks displayed by some characters.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 15:49   Link #83
Solitaired

Just found this thread. But by reading from the posts, how many here actually finished this game (sequel)? I finished mine on the week of its release. Even though there's an anime adaptation of the first game, I'm sick of discussing it. So I'll just stick around here haha.
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:57   Link #84
marvelB

^I finished it last year too, but I didn't understand the plot very well due to my weak knowledge of Japanese. However, I've been following the LP translations for a while (in fact, I'm in the middle of reading the tumblr ones now), so I should have a firm grip on the whole plot soon enough.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:17   Link #85
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, personally I didn't really find Kuzuryuu so offensive in the first chapter. Rather than acting like he's the boss, he more or less just kept pushing people away from him, much like Togami did in the previous game's first half (which, interestingly enough, the fat Togami even vaguely references at one point). Still, I do find it interesting to see some folks who are more critical of the more tame characters like Kuzuryuu and Koizumi (the latter being almost TOO normal) over the more extreme ones like Ibuki or Nidai.

Oh, and as far as the Souda/Hagakure comparison goes..... well, at least Souda has a super talent that's actually useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
My gripe with Kuzuryuu is mostly how "brat" his attitude is through out the 2 chapters. I am personally fine with those extreme quirks displayed by some characters.
You could say Kuzuryuu is an extreme case of Tsundere
He has a complex with his shota face and his family background
Spoiler for funny thing about Tsumiki:

Koizumi still my favourite character so far ( it is rare for Kobayashi Yuu to act as a feminine girl] and I dislike Saionji

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 08:06   Link #86
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm done with the third case, and I can see why gecd commented it this way:
It was way too obvious right from the get go, and the investigation confirmed quickly. And I can't say the revelations really were my cup of tea. To me it is the same kind of disappointment was DR1 third case.
Old 2013-07-25, 09:19   Link #87
Solitaired

^The game mirrors the first in almost everything.
Spoiler for First Case::

Spoiler for Second Case::

Spoiler for Third Case::

There are many other that I have left out but you get the point. A reason exists for this mirroring that is explained end-game.

Also if you are playing the game in intervals, you could spend some time to think of the why dunnit of the third case's culprit .
Old 2013-07-25, 10:17   Link #88
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, actually I was suspecting something, especially due to third case circumstances

Spoiler for Up to chapter 3 theory:
Old 2013-07-25, 12:42   Link #89
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
You're almost right I always thought that people wouldn't be able to figure out the twist since it might seems like an asspull for some people.. but it's nice to see someone actually managed to get the gist of the foreshadowing without reading any spoilers

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:11   Link #90
R.LocK
My turn

Damn it. Here goes the custom of DR readers.
Spoiler:
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:14   Link #91
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... I wasn't expecting a confirmation, but I guess I can elaborate an alternate point
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

From my reasoning, I understand why Danganronpa Zero was written, because it is a major hint for SDR2.
Old 2013-07-25, 14:23   Link #92
R.LocK
My turn

Oh my, Klashikari. You're either a goddamn genius or a bit of cheater. In a good sense of the word.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 14:48   Link #93
Solitaired

Yes you almost got all the future plot twists.
Spoiler for Spoiler for Monomi::

Spoiler for Spoiler for Junko:
Old 2013-07-25, 18:07   Link #94
Kirayuki

I swear Tanaka Gundam read the VN of Dies Irae or something, so many similar Chuuni lines used.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 19:45   Link #95
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

finished danganronpa 2
I could say I am satisfied with the answers of all mysteries
only one thing is still not clear

so where did you guys read danganronpa 0?

btw time to sleep ( 08:00 AM here )

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:07   Link #96
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Chinese translation is finished, vol 1 from SA and summary from tumblr. I've heard that it's hard to find it RAW so you might need to buy it..

@klash:
Not only Nagito though, most of the cast in SDR2 was a bit fuck up in a sense that most of them has rotten personality compared to DR1 cast. First time I saw them, I keep wondering whether these guys are HOPE peak's students

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 03:46   Link #97
hamazura
whatever

its only me or all this character doesnt 'speak' at all? Its only dialogues, no sound at all...
Old 2013-07-26, 05:14   Link #98
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Not only Nagito though, most of the cast in SDR2 was a bit fuck up in a sense that most of them has rotten personality compared to DR1 cast. First time I saw them, I keep wondering whether these guys are HOPE peak's students
Really now? I think Togami (skinny) fits right in with them. And Gundam, Mioda, Nidai, Souda, Fat Togami and Mikan are all ok
Old 2013-07-26, 05:41   Link #99
Solitaired

I really hate Gundam, although he is very popular in Japan.

Spoiler for Reason:
Old 2013-07-26, 06:32   Link #100
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Urgh, deciphering japanese on the fly is taxing, especially with Gundam speech... done with chapter 4, currently on chap5.
Spoiler for chapter 4: