AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-01, 18:21   Link #1621
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Dubbed versions of the Unicorn episodes came out right on the heels of the Japanese versions, so it's plausible.
Yeah, but that's different. Those came out on DVD, in stores. They didn't air on a tv channel watched by millions of children a day.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 20:45   Link #1622
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I saw this posted at 4chan.

The part about AGE on Cartoon Network, it can't be true, right? It's WAY too early to set up a US release.
I saw that particular message, and I thought that being typical 4ch, the parts in ">" were poster implications by anon, rather than being part of the main message.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:01   Link #1623
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Yeah, but that's different. Those came out on DVD, in stores. They didn't air on a tv channel watched by millions of children a day.
And the DVD release was simultaneous in Japan and the US. Subbed and dubbed.
Old 2011-07-02, 04:39   Link #1624
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
And the DVD release was simultaneous in Japan and the US. Subbed and dubbed.
Unicorn wasn't just released on DVD you know. Though considering the... events... that happened a few months ago, I wonder whether that particular avenue will continue.
Old 2011-07-02, 10:16   Link #1625
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Unicorn wasn't just released on DVD you know. Though considering the... events... that happened a few months ago, I wonder whether that particular avenue will continue.
But that is not what I said. I said it was released both dubbed and subbed at the same time(blu-ray inferred here - I own all three on blu-ray). And yes, they will continue it. The next release of Gundam UC is some time this year(no date), unless they push it back. Link here - http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/

I know they first released it on a cable channel in Japan and then it was released view torrent by those who had access. Then about a month later on blu-ray(subbed/dubbed) in the US and Japan at the same time(repeating the statment I already made).
Old 2011-07-02, 13:54   Link #1626
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
But that is not what I said. I said it was released both dubbed and subbed at the same time(blu-ray inferred here - I own all three on blu-ray). And yes, they will continue it. The next release of Gundam UC is some time this year(no date), unless they push it back. Link here - http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/

I know they first released it on a cable channel in Japan and then it was released view torrent by those who had access. Then about a month later on blu-ray(subbed/dubbed) in the US and Japan at the same time(repeating the statment I already made).
No... I was talking about the releases on the Playstation Network...
Old 2011-07-02, 14:03   Link #1627
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
No... I was talking about the releases on the Playstation Network...
Which had absolutely nothing to do with my statement and your silly emote.

Anyway, back to the Gundam AGE discussion.
Old 2011-07-02, 14:06   Link #1628
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Which had absolutely nothing to do with my statement and your silly emote.
What are you even talking about? I was questioning the possibility of releasing AGE in avenues other than via TV, with Unicorn as the primary example.
Old 2011-07-02, 15:57   Link #1629
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
What are you even talking about? I was questioning the possibility of releasing AGE in avenues other than via TV, with Unicorn as the primary example.
Which your reply to my original statement didn't even mention and no one else was talking about. A "stick out the tongue emote" sends a completely wrong message. I was simply trying to put hope into Araxiel's statement about AGE coming out the same way when it is released. Ah, at least I mentioned Gundam AGE in my reply.

I said back to AGE. I'm looking forward to the director proving me wrong on the negative stuff in this thread.
Old 2011-07-02, 20:22   Link #1630
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Which your reply to my original statement didn't even mention and no one else was talking about. A "stick out the tongue emote" sends a completely wrong message. I was simply trying to put hope into Araxiel's statement about AGE coming out the same way when it is released. Ah, at least I mentioned Gundam AGE in my reply.

I said back to AGE. I'm looking forward to the director proving me wrong on the negative stuff in this thread.
As another forum member put it, the show may not have cool character designs everyone likes, but I think it'll deliver good mecha action, and designs.
Old 2011-07-02, 22:32   Link #1631
brightman
Ancient Member

Transcript from the AnimeExpo Gundam panel -
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=18.5348436f

With info for AGE (meant for kids and teens, no worldwide simultaneous release planned) as well as Origins (basically that they haven't even decided on a format for that one yet)
Old 2011-07-03, 14:39   Link #1632
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I'm really glad/excited on this. Any gundam show is a must watch for me ever since Wing (hey; I was a kid back then; first gundam show I've ever watched). I really don't care bout these "aliens ain't a gundam thing" commotion. For me it's just those (no offence) purist gundam fans who can't accept it. I like watching gundam for the sake of watching GUNDAMS! AS IN THOSE COOL MOBILE SUITS AND ARMOR WRECKING HAVOC AND EVERYTHING ELSE. Now I've let that out of my chest, I'm here eagerly awaiting for it's pilot episode.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 09:00   Link #1633
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Anyone know when more news/footage will be shown?

I wanna see more on the Gafran. >.<
Old 2011-07-04, 09:02   Link #1634
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I wanna see more on the Gafran. >.<
You want to see more of everything.
Old 2011-07-04, 14:20   Link #1635
Araxiel

I'm excited to see more of the Gafran too, as well as the part swapping system. I hope the Gafran gets a HG soon, though; the AGrades aren't too appealing.

I'm remaining optimistic about this getting a dub sooner rather than later. They seem to be stepping up the marketing for this series, so maybe there'll be more overseas love too.
Old 2011-07-04, 14:34   Link #1636
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
I like watching gundam for the sake of GUNDAMS! AS IN THOSE COOL MOBILE SUITS AND ARMOR WRECKING HAVOC AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
Which makes you the same as the otherside...So you like watching Gundams for action, to heck with the character designs, political intrigue, and plausible grittiness...Got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Transcript from the AnimeExpo Gundam panel -
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=18.5348436f

With info for AGE (meant for kids and teens, no worldwide simultaneous release planned) as well as Origins (basically that they haven't even decided on a format for that one yet)
Format?
Old 2011-07-04, 16:04   Link #1637
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm hoping the parts swapping is more like the Liger Zero's than the Gurren Laganns...
Old 2011-07-04, 20:53   Link #1638
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Which makes you the same as the otherside...So you like watching Gundams for action, to heck with the character designs, political intrigue, and plausible grittiness...Got it...

Format?
It means Sunrise hasn't decided if Origin should be a movie series, or TV series.
Old 2011-07-05, 00:28   Link #1639
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
God forbid they shed light on why the damn thing is purple.

Anyway, what about the AGE Gundam in the prototype colors? Is that another kit, or action figure?
Probably a squad captain or something. Angelo Sauper has a purple colored Geara Zulu in Unicorn for example.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:58   Link #1640
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If it's a rank type color, guess that'll seal the deal that the Gafran are piloted by someone.