AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-17, 01:17   Link #401
wererat42

Shouldn't chapter 64 be released in english soon? I'm dying to see what happens next.

This is only the third manga I've read (Love Hina and Naruto are the others). I have to admit I like is a little more than Love Hina, both in terms of artwork and story. I like how Akamatsu Ken seems to have researched some Latin for the incantations, etc... but the Engrish is still there.

Does anyone know just how long this manga will be? Will we by any chance be seeing Negi growing up?

I don't see it completely unlikely that Negi will contract with everyone. It would be the ultimate way to keep perfect attendance... just summon anyone who's tardy.
wererat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 01:37   Link #402
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererat42
I don't see it completely unlikely that Negi will contract with everyone. It would be the ultimate way to keep perfect attendance... just summon anyone who's tardy.
Excellent; good job for pointing this out!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 01:45   Link #403
lensman

Send a message via Yahoo to lensman
I have downloaded Chapters 74 and 75. I can't post a link here but you can PM me. As for chapter 75:

Spoiler:
lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 02:06   Link #404
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Shouldn't chapter 64 be released in english soon? I'm dying to see what happens next.
Well, strictly speaking volume 4 will be released in English in February. We're not supposed to talk about scanlations of licenced manga here.

There's nothing wrong about talking about previously released chapters, just not if they're not the licenced English translation.

Widya Santoso
--
... and more often than not it's to complain about it...
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 09:15   Link #405
lensman

Chapter 75 raises a few interesting questions:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-17, 12:59   Link #406
USCPharmacist

chapter 75

Chapter 75

Spoiler:
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 14:29   Link #407
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 15:10   Link #408
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
THis might be the wrong place to ask but what does "PM" mean. I can't even figure it out, okashii ne? but i dont know what it means.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 15:11   Link #409
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Period 60:
And now, Akamatsu's Laws of Robotics (as pertains to Chachamaru)

1. Chachamaru may not injure Negi, or, through inaction, allow Negi to come to harm.
2. Chachamaru must obey orders given to her by Eva except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. Chachamaru must protect her own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

?;-)

Widya Santoso
--
with apologies to Isaac Asimov
Old 2004-11-17, 15:17   Link #410
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
THis might be the wrong place to ask but what does "PM" mean. I can't even figure it out, okashii ne? but i dont know what it means.
Private Messaging.
Old 2004-11-17, 15:47   Link #411
lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
Well, strictly speaking volume 4 will be released in English in February. We're not supposed to talk about scanlations of licenced manga here.
The thing is... Most of the guys in here got started on Negima with the scanlations. Negima (and Love Hina) wouldn't be as popular if it weren't for them. Also, the scanlations are the only means for some of us to actually read this work of art.

I mean... The next volume of Negima will be coming in February 2005 which is a long time to wait.

By the way, I prefer reading the Del Ray licensed version to the scanlations because I don't strain my eyes against a computer screen and because it contains extras, translation notes, and it is adapted by Peter David (I think that his changes and additions add a lot to the overall hilarity of the story).

The only real problems I've had so far with the Del Ray version is that the first volume didn't have coloured pages, and the whole "Southern Master" thing (I mean, you'd think the translator could at least read ENGLISH, right?)

However, I am a Negima-addict, I want more, and the Del Ray dealers just won't give me my fix on time!
Old 2004-11-17, 16:26   Link #412
wererat42

Does anyone know anything about Asuna's sword? I think the manga called it a Hamanotsurug (chapter 32, pg 3), but I can't find anything else about that paticular sort of blade. Why did she have a fan one moment and a sword the next? Is it supposed to indicate that her relationship with Negi is growing?

I only asked about the English scanlations because I know there's still beng posted on a Euopean site.
wererat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 18:02   Link #413
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Is there a Latium Lexicon Negimarium section in the third Del Ray volume? If there is, I want to know how accurate it is.

Quote:
I like how Akamatsu Ken seems to have researched some Latin for the incantations
For the most part, the Latin is understandable. There are some Greek phrases used, too.

I found this:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-17, 18:13   Link #414
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Ahh i see, now that i know that, more info for me now. Thx for the info too.
Since Japanese derive from chinese, that means learning either or makes the other easier to learn right??

I acutally got into Love Hina through the mangas, i totally forgot about manga scans back then, and i had dial-up back then too. Imagine that, go 4Kbs, compared to 150kbs.
Old 2004-11-17, 18:16   Link #415
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
1. Chachamaru may not injure Negi, or, through inaction, allow Negi to come to harm.
2. Chachamaru must obey orders given to her by Eva except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. Chachamaru must protect her own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

?;-)

Widya Santoso
--
with apologies to Isaac Asimov
Spoiler for Period 58:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 18:20   Link #416
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Spoiler for Period 58:
Spoiler:
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 18:34   Link #417
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I would rather think she (she meaning Eva) doubted that Negi could beat ChaChamaru anyway.

Ps: just read (well looked and scanned thru it in a more of a sense) chapter 74, and Sayo is rather cute like sarcasteak said. She looks a lot like Tsukuyomi. Who happen to be my favrite girl character in Negima.

"She's so cute and innocent isn't she, Kyaaaa ^_^"
Old 2004-11-17, 20:37   Link #418
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereat42
Does anyone know anything about Asuna's sword? I think the manga called it a Hamanotsurug (chapter 32, pg 3), but I can't find anything else about that paticular sort of blade. Why did she have a fan one moment and a sword the next? Is it supposed to indicate that her relationship with Negi is growing?
In Chinese it was translated "Sword of Excorcism" or basically "Demon Slayer." It was initially only a fan (fans in anime/manga is a deadly weapon ), but as Asuna had more battle experience it revealed its true self to its master. It still only appears as a fan, though, when she uses it to whack Negi...otherwise Negi would've been died a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Spoiler:
You might want to spoiler tag that.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-11-17 at 21:38.
Old 2004-11-18, 02:07   Link #419
Sydney2K

Quote:
The thing is... Most of the guys in here got started on Negima with the scanlations. Negima (and Love Hina) wouldn't be as popular if it weren't for them. Also, the scanlations are the only means for some of us to actually read this work of art.
Well, that's not what I was intending... what I was saying is that if you want to discuss any of the chapters, you're free to, just don't say " I read the (blank) scanlation of MSN part 84 the other day, and I have a question..." Just say "I read MSN part 84 the other day and I have a question..." Officially MSN is a licenced manga (in English), and even hinting that there is a fan translation out in the internet is probably forbidden on the AnimeSuki forums.

I don't know if the rules extend to scanlations in other languages, but it's probably better to be discreet.
Quote:
By the way, I prefer reading the Del Ray licensed version to the scanlations because I don't strain my eyes against a computer screen and because it contains extras, translation notes, and it is adapted by Peter David (I think that his changes and additions add a lot to the overall hilarity of the story).
It's okay to discuss the Del Rey editions, because they are licenced.
Quote:
However, I am a Negima-addict, I want more, and the Del Ray dealers just won't give me my fix on time!
Well, there is a situation where one could discuss an English translation past where Del Rey are at the moment, and that's where an Singaporean edition is available. Chuang Yi have the licence to publish MSN in Singapore and they do have an English edition. However, it's only up to volume two at the moment.

Anyone read their versions of 1 and 2?

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-18, 02:22   Link #420
Sydney2K

Quote:
Chapter 75 raises a few interesting questions:

Spoiler:
According to the notes in volume three Chachamaru was the third prototype for a tea serving battle android, created in 2004, by the Karakuri Technology Research Centre. The first version, which was named Chachazero, was a short, cute li'l thing, powered entirely by magic. Whoever created Chachamaru learned a lot of new techniques between Zero and Maru!

Now did Hitomi create Chachamaru? It's certainly possible. She knows how to service Chachamaru, and I think would do so regularly. (She's seen doing so at the coffee shop in volume 3.) Plus her pactio! card shows her to be a creator of big machines, something that she demonstrates in
Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:
I would say not. She certainly doesn't know anything in volume 3 (Eva tells her to mind her own beeswax), and in volume 7, when
Spoiler:
Widya Santoso

Last edited by Sydney2K; 2004-11-18 at 06:46.

Tags
action, fantasy