AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-27, 05:37   Link #141
tommyKN

i liked the ending somehow...not because they died, NO! Thats for sure terrible but at least they died together, what makes me veeeryyy sad is the fact that they never kissed eachother when they were both WAKE and they never said to eachother that they loved....i know they sure did but i wanted that they say it at least in the last episode (maybe they did already? dunno but in the last episode it is a must) that was the only thing that makes me hating the end...they should hav lovey dovy a bit...but why did she has to say she still wants to live and not something like "in the end we can be together" T_T
Old 2006-11-07, 01:45   Link #142
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Actually, I believe they kissed in the series.....twice.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-01, 17:09   Link #143
mauler

i loved the endin its was so touchin AND just so u all know chrono does go to heaven wit rosette wanna know y? b cause he has the soul of mary magdalene im him AND if ure confused about aion hes is dead but wat its sayin is as long as there is hatred in humans his purpose will forever live on. i guess im not the only person to cry at the endin
Old 2006-12-04, 11:21   Link #144
Queen Izayoi
Inutaisho's Kitten

Send a message via MSN to Queen Izayoi
omg I did not know they died lol Now I have no reason to read the last manga
Old 2006-12-04, 11:23   Link #145
ThoHell

It was a damn depressing anime dude!
Old 2007-01-13, 03:55   Link #146
molitar

Ok what I did not understand.. What happened to Chrno's Horns? Remember others made pacts with the demons so they would not die. But since Chrno lost his horn he had no power and had to draw upon Rosettes life. So what happened to his horns? Couldn't he have recovered his horns and than Rosette would not have died?
Old 2007-01-15, 23:56   Link #147
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Kind of expecting this kind of ending..... Though it is depressing .... Not to bad too.
Old 2007-01-19, 02:44   Link #148
arkxkra
全力全開

the ending very very sad....but at least rosetter and chrno together at last....
Chrno Crusade is great anime ...
Old 2007-01-23, 19:18   Link #149
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I Think both Rosette and Chrno are in heaven. They both went back to the Astral Line. Were all life come from and all life returns to. And form the explanation of how the Astral line works it could leave open a possibilaty for a 2nd series althout it si extremly unlikely their will ever be one.

Aion is stil alive in the because good canot exist without evil. It a question of mantaining the balance. Like it said numerous times. Heaven needs Deamons.

And rigth now this is the only anime to ahve ever made me cry and fell the way I fell now. It might not follow teh manga exactly but to me this anime trancends the manga. Especialy in it's finale.

My only regret is that it was only 24 episode long. And the Mange only 6 books. Their si so much more room for other adventures and for so much more plots. But in the end one of the main plots. That wich time is running out, prevents this from beign any longer.
Old 2007-01-24, 15:45   Link #150
demonposter

satisfied

beautiful ending, i think everybody didnt like it because they wanted more...

I wanted more too, but I was satisfied with this
Old 2007-01-24, 15:50   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonposter View Post
beautiful ending, i think everybody didnt like it because they wanted more...

I wanted more too, but I was satisfied with this
I am satisfied with the ending too but i certainly wouldn't mind seeing a sequel/spin off base on Azmaria. SHe look hot in that nun outfit in the end yeah I know i am heading to hell
Old 2007-01-25, 02:38   Link #152
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Yeah even thou it's a very nice ending and that the 2 main characters are dead. Their are so many doors that would allow for a spinoff or sequel to sroupt from it. Starting from continuing with Azmaria to full reincarnation or Rosette and Chrno in some way.
Old 2007-02-26, 00:37   Link #153
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What so wrong about the ending? I just assumed that they both went to heaven. Remember the line

"Both of you watch over me" If they went to hell..it would be look up at me..lol.

Good ending, two mains get to spend eternity together and humans continue to sin.
Old 2007-03-15, 11:24   Link #154
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
^ lol

yup it's sad/tragic.. but overall (inc. the whole series) it's very nice..
Old 2007-03-15, 11:39   Link #155
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
What so wrong about the ending? I just assumed that they both went to heaven. Remember the line

"Both of you watch over me" If they went to hell..it would be look up at me..lol.

Good ending, two mains get to spend eternity together and humans continue to sin.
main problem is : it is kinda anticlimatic, and doesn't suit characters personalities...
and if i must comment the silly Aion/Remington ending, this is quite a big plothole if you recap the whole serie altogether.

meh, that's my opinion anyway.
Old 2007-04-20, 18:11   Link #156
BokunoFutasuNoTsubas

I'm a bit shoked over the ending...But it was both beautiful and sad at the same time..So I guess it was perfect...Makes me wanna watch more...
Old 2007-04-20, 18:43   Link #157
reloaded
skywalker

Ive never watched this show before, I saw you guys typing about the ending so I had to see it for myself and youre absolutely right its a sad ending but its not a miserable one theres a sense of beauty to it....since thats the only part of chrono crusade Ive ever seen I dont really know why they died or what the shows about but it was a beautiful ending.
Old 2007-04-21, 02:23   Link #158
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I watched this series when I was in hospital at the beginning of the year, I got the boxed set. A friend said I would like it because it had some decent action in it and so on. It was hinted from the beginning that they would die together. When I finally saw the last episode and was confronted with them both dieing like that together, it was incredibly saddening. I knew from the start how it would end, but I didn't want to accept that, I liked them to much for them to die. All-in-all, it was quite sad and depressing, prolly not something to watch when you were recovering in hospital (I was expecting something more like FMP). But I still think it was good. Very touching, and sad though.

As for Aion surviving, I dont know what to make of that. I think it would be to do with there always being evil to balance the good. He will always exist because of human nature and the potential for humans to sin. I think Remmington realised this at the end to. I think thats why he felt he couldn't stay doing what he was doing and put himself into his own purgatory for eternity. I think he felt that God wasn't doing enough, and his apparent lack of interest in helping humanity caused him to lose faith in what he believed in.

If Aion could be reincarnated, what about Chrono? Sadly I doubt Rosette would have that option. Maybe I haven't accepted that ending yet after all.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:13   Link #159
yodaz

finished watching the series a few weeks ago and then a friend just finished watching it recently and we started talking and came up with a few questions. I actually had quite a few questions but didn't realize this was here at the time ><.

Think i have most of the ones i came up with answered but i have a few left...how old was rosette when she died? I think it says on her grave 1912-1928 which would mean 16 years but wasn't she around 14 when she met chrono(there was some talk about her and her brother having to leave the orphanage next year when they turned 15 around or in ep 9 i believe it was). The person running the orphanage also stated that they were frozen for 4 years in the last ep, so wouldn't that make her 18-19, not 16?

Next question is about the fatimah prophecy, i tried looking it up but never found anything saying
"...We can do nothing
but to see the times go by in the path
which God has chosen..."

Did i miss something or what was that about? Was that actually part of the prophecy and if not where did they get that from/who is saying it? Also, i saw a few people saying that they jumped 53 years ahead at some point, where does it say they did that in the anime?

I also saw someone asking what sins remington had commited, he states in the last episode that Joshua is proof of his sin. Perhaps meaning that he feels that everything that occurred with aion and the apostles was his fault and that he was supposed to prevent it? Or perhaps that he came to earth at that time to prevent it or "sway the era away from chaos"? I'm using that term since i feel like the way remington describes things, "this era is clearly about to choose chaos", is that things are scene in era's in the anime and each era chooses either chaos or peace(or something similar to that). If thats the case then perhaps there is a set of apostles and Mary of Magdalene's for each era as well and that the coming of them marks it as a new era, as stipulated by sister kate? In which case what we saw was just one fight for a "era" and that what aion was trying to do was bring enough "era's" to chaos to the point where heaven and hell get blured, thus merging the 2(there was talk in the end about heaven having darkness and pandemonium having light). There was also a lot of talk about god doing nothing to intervene with people's suffering etc throughout the anime, perhaps another sin of remington's was stepping in to help them when he wasn't supposed to?

This may have been answered as well (8 pages takes a dam long time to read @_@), but as far as aion being alive because there must be evil if there is to be good, i believe they said that the reason DEVILS exist is to show the difference between heaven and hell, god and devil, etc. Thus, so long as aion isn't the only devil i wouldn't think that he would need to stay alive for that purpose. Also, i got the impression that chrono was a "special" devil in that he tended to have a good nature as opposed to other demons who didn't(otherwise the whole demons bad heaven good thing wouldn't really work) and that this was the reason why he had so much of a key role in the way things would turn out(original marry of magdaline said something along the lines of "the one to fight with destiny is you, chrono" in ep 21). Personally, I'm for the idea that chrono just didn't kill him and only seriously wounded him and aion somehow managed to get out of there without chrono noticing and healed himself. Though theres another question with that as well, is there ever an explanation for how/why aion still has so much power? The reason chrono needed a contractor was to use his power since his horns got taken away, aion seems to be able to use his freely though without fear of death. Is there any explanation given or do we have to extrapolate and leave it at "he somehow found a way to do it"?

And finally, last question, why did chrono freezing aion snap rossette out of her trance or whatever it is she was in? I feel like it was more that aion persuaded her to his way of thinking then really doing anything to her and that there were a lot of scenes in the anime with him trying to "convince" rosette, also, dufo said in ep 20 that the ritual of penance is "the moment that enables a demon to soak ones heart into deeper darkness". So, if it was more that he persuaded her then why would chrono killing or freezing aion have anything to do with bringing rosette back to herself?
Old 2007-08-06, 22:37   Link #160
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
Ive never watched this show before, I saw you guys typing about the ending so I had to see it for myself and youre absolutely right its a sad ending but its not a miserable one theres a sense of beauty to it....since thats the only part of chrono crusade Ive ever seen I dont really know why they died or what the shows about but it was a beautiful ending.
beauty??? pls explain this to me, all i got from this show was a two week depression. Rosette is such a strong person throughout the whole series and then at the end she completely breaks down and shows a lack of strength, i mean sure u are going to die but she knew this from the beginning, to me it did not suite her well. and as for chrono, he said nothing to her as she was crying, it was so terribly heartbreaking.

and then they bust out that bull**** about the pope being shot so he doesnt reveal some secret... wtf??? that was ridiculously stupid, totally irrelevant...... also the fact aion is still alive, so basically rosette's and chrono's death meant nothing. this series was awesome all the way to eps 18, at the carnival, that was the best episode, and then it went all down hill from there, it seemed rushed and very poorly thought out at the end. i understand a sad ending, but this horribly depressing ending did not suite the characters or the anime in my opinion.
Closed Thread