AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 12:40   Link #16081
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Arguably my favorite moment in the first season drama CDs is when Ougi is taking care of the unconcious Villetta and doesn't know how to take her clothes off. (He's so innocent...or was at that point ). When Kallen calls, he asks her how she would have someone else take off her clothes, and she hangs up on him. Now that's funny.
Doesn't Lelouch call Ougi later as Zero and ask him what he was doing calling Kallen?

I haven't seen the translation of that audio drama.
Old 2008-10-05, 12:58   Link #16082
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Doesn't Lelouch call Ougi later as Zero and ask him what he was doing calling Kallen?

I haven't seen the translation of that audio drama.
Lelouch calls Ougi saying that Kallen had called him saying Ougi was acting strangely. Ougi tries to explain, somehow the word Britannian comes up, and Lelouch says that he and the BKs will be right there.

Incidently, this particular audio drama has actually been officially translated. The audio dramas from the first two drama CDs came packaged w/ the special edition of the first two volumes of CG in the States.
Old 2008-10-05, 13:00   Link #16083
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Lol, when you guys mentioned about the Nightmare of Nunally, I just remembered that my friend always buy Comptic (or CompAce, whichever it is as I always forgot the title), and IIRC the ones I've read today at his house contains no Kallen
Kallen is in Nightmare for Nunnally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFDmMGT_MAc
00:11
00:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Drw...eature=related
00:03
00:09
01:00
01:26
Kallen and the Guren
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMeHJ...eature=related
00:37
(that's at least the Guren's head)
Old 2008-10-05, 13:22   Link #16084
blottyparchment

Kallen is in all three manga adaptations - LoTR, NoN, and the SotC. She even appears in the newest spin-off, Tales of an Alternate Shogunate.

Someone pointed out on another board that the characters who gets to appear in all three manga will be characters needed by the story, meaning take them away and your story will have holes. One character who does't appear in LoTR is Cornelia. Kallen may not have a big part in those manga, but at least her presence is still there.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:15   Link #16085
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Kallen is in Nightmare for Nunnally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFDmMGT_MAc
00:11
00:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Drw...eature=related
00:03
00:09
01:00
01:26
Kallen and the Guren
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMeHJ...eature=related
00:37
(that's at least the Guren's head)
Thanks for the links... Itīs in spanish!!!!
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 14:17   Link #16086
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
This is what I miss - canon crack material unlike the recent sound episodes that are breaking the 4th wall. You can have canon sound dramas that are still funny right? Beautiful Record of the Rebellion and Naked Lelouch were canon-ish fun. Geass Hundred Ghost Tales was meh for me. SE4 tracks both seem to be non-canon-ish crack that are fun still, yet I think I would have enjoyed more if we were given something that actually had to do with CG's story.
I agree.... I miss the canon sound drama's too... because it gave us better insight one the characters, even if it was just a little.. The next one seems to be non-canon too well I think Kallen is in the next one..

Naked Lelouch was non-canon right? it wasn't possible within the series?
Old 2008-10-05, 14:28   Link #16087
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Kallen is in all three manga adaptations - LoTR, NoN, and the SotC. She even appears in the newest spin-off, Tales of an Alternate Shogunate.

Someone pointed out on another board that the characters who gets to appear in all three manga will be characters needed by the story, meaning take them away and your story will have holes. One character who does't appear in LoTR is Cornelia. Kallen may not have a big part in those manga, but at least her presence is still there.
You know where to find LoTR translations?
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 15:47   Link #16088
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Off the current topic.

I remember a while back there was suppose to be romance during R2 since it was moved from R1. And strangely the only new romance/romantic development was Kallen's. Since Ougi and Villetta already happened during season 1. Then there was talk about I think from a magazine stating that Kallen would be a critical character to the plot and it was related to Lelouch as well(I think someone can correct me).

And I still confused about that since she didn't really do anything vital for the plot. Add the drop gum line as well. Anyone thinks something may have happen half way through the season. Since I thought her being captured would have lead to something like maybe seeing the background of her family among other things.
Old 2008-10-05, 16:01   Link #16089
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Off the current topic.

I remember a while back there was suppose to be romance during R2 since it was moved from R1. And strangely the only new romance/romantic development was Kallen's. Since Ougi and Villetta already happened during season 1. Then there was talk about I think from a magazine stating that Kallen would be a critical character to the plot and it was related to Lelouch as well(I think someone can correct me).

And I still confused about that since she didn't really do anything vital for the plot. Add the drop gum line as well. Anyone thinks something may have happen half way through the season. Since I thought her being captured would have lead to something like maybe seeing the background of her family among other things.
she's the price of world peace
lelouch's future
for lelouch to atone for his sins
and make the world a better place like euphie and nunnaly dreamed of
he had to give up his own chances of happiness and his own future
lelouch does not care about how he is seen by the world
he only cares about those importent to him
with nunnaly dead (at that point) he no longer had her to live for
he could for the first time i his life actually live for himself and forge his own future
and ep 22 makes it clear that despite the events of ep 19 she's still very much there for him
by giving her up he is doing more then just pushing kallen away
he is giving up his future (which would have included her in it)
his last hope for future happiness and last bond to the life he is leaving behind

lelouch leaves behind three peopel when he dies
1)his sister
2)his best friend
3)kallen
what do you make of kallen then ?
she's not his sister (duh)
and despite claims to the contrery she's not really his friend either
during season one she considered him to be a dick (he kinda made it so)
and their relationship in season 2 was not really friendly either
the scene in ep 7 shows that what ever he considers her to be its not as a friend (would he do to sherly what he tried to do to her ?)
it showed what role he considers her to play in his life (and what role he plays in hers)
their interaction was dripping of sexual hints from the word go (ep 2, when he asked about her clothes)
he never teased sherly or C.C (granted, in her case tho it would be kinda pointless)
i then move to claim that while nunnaly is his bond of blood and suzaku is his bond of friendship
kallen is the third of the bonds that compose positive human interaction
love
or at least that would have been the end game had things not ended so badly
Old 2008-10-05, 16:07   Link #16090
Narona
Emotionless White Face

And again, you completely forget C.C.... and you're talking as your opinion was fact.

imo, his lover was rather shirley (till the end) than kallen.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 16:09   Link #16091
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he never teased sherly or C.C (granted, in her case tho it would be kinda pointless)
Yeah but technically he blushed with Shirley//not to mention the official "lovers" line// and the moment in R2 24 where he was heading towards CC before Kallen interrupts, indicate things right? "^^ {devil's advocate here D}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 16:09   Link #16092
Eliarine

Quote:
their interaction was dripping of sexual hints from the word go (ep 2, when he asked about her clothes)
Not trying to stir up trouble (honestly) but that's not the best argument you could find as I believe it is called fanservice.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 16:10   Link #16093
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
And again, you completely forget C.C.... and you're talking as your opinion was fact.

imo, his lover was rather shirley (till the end) than kallen.
i kinda always do that
sorry

and he gave up neither C.C nor sherly
sherly was taken from him
and C.C might still be with him (if you belive he is still alive)
or he never actually gave her up since she was with him to the end of his life (if you dont
the one he had to give up was kallen (which is what the first part of my post was about)
Old 2008-10-05, 16:17   Link #16094
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
i kinda always do that
sorry

and he gave up neither C.C nor sherly
sherly was taken from him
and C.C might still be with him (if you belive he is still alive)
or he never actually gave her up since she was with him to the end of his life (if you dont
the one he had to give up was kallen (which is what the first part of my post was about)
Actually, if he is dead, i think he was in love with shirley, so he thought he would be reunited with her this way.

If he is not dead, maybe he is in love with kallen, but as pointed by many people, he can't let her being involved with him anymore (he think that at least), for her safety.

But maybe he is in love with c.c., and then, he gave up neither kallen nor sherly (as a LI)

the point is that we will never know

Well, btw i will try to do your sig tonight :O
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 16:21   Link #16095
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Actually, if he is dead, i think he was in love with shirley, so he thought he would be reunited with her this way.

If he is not dead, maybe he is in love with kallen, but as pointed by many people, he can't let her being involved with him anymore (he think that at least), for her safety.

But maybe he is in love with c.c., and then, he gave up neither kallen nor sherly (as a LI)

the point is that we will never know

Well, btw i will try to do your sig tonight :O
thank you very much
Old 2008-10-05, 18:20   Link #16096
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Not trying to stir up trouble (honestly) but that's not the best argument you could find as I believe it is called fanservice.
Not really. I mean if it's pure fanservice than they really don't need her kissing him near the end. At the time, for Lelouch, Euphie, Shirley and Nunally are dead, and he'd be damn if he lost another person that he cares about. You can't really put C2 in the list because
- He needs her as his accomplish
- She is like his surrogate mother pushing him at the time
- She is immortal

For me, at least, Kallen was the sole person left that he can tribute the new world to (as he thought Nunally was dead at the time).
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:27   Link #16097
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Not really. I mean if it's pure fanservice than they really don't need her kissing him near the end. At the time, for Lelouch, Euphie, Shirley and Nunally are dead, and he'd be damn if he lost another person that he cares about. You can't really put C2 in the list because
- He needs her as his accomplish
- She is like his surrogate mother pushing him at the time
- She is immortal

For me, at least, Kallen was the sole person left that he can tribute the new world to (as he thought Nunally was dead at the time).
Well, at the very least he was doing it for Milly, Rival and Nina, too.
Old 2008-10-05, 18:36   Link #16098
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
I realized something. If Jeremiah never used his Geass Canceler. Milly and Rivals wouldn't have their original memories of Lelouch. They only have the altered ones.
Kallen would be the only one at Ashford who knows the real Lelouch.
Old 2008-10-05, 18:40   Link #16099
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
I was referring at "Kallen is just fanservice compared to the other female char" line
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:50   Link #16100
Eliarine

Quote:
I was referring at "Kallen is just fanservice compared to the other female char" line
Which...doesn't exist, since I was only referring to the Bunny-suit scene in Episode 2.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote