AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-08-01, 01:57   Link #1181
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I thought the movie fitted whatever they wanted to do quite nicely however I did feel like Season 2 they tried to fit too much into the time they had.
Old 2011-08-06, 15:55   Link #1182
GundamFan

I thought the movie was great but the battle at the end I would have liked it better if they would have done more tight shots of the ESF and Gundams fighting the ELS and fewer of the large pan shots which had so much going on that you couldn't follow it well.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 16:57   Link #1183
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If you think following the battles while watching at home was tough, imagine doing it in a cinema. That's what I had to do the first time I watched it.
Old 2011-08-06, 19:40   Link #1184
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If you think following the battles while watching at home was tough, imagine doing it in a cinema. That's what I had to do the first time I watched it.
Ouch that makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it.

I love that Patrick actaully looked liked he had some skills in the movie the poor guy had it rough in the series.
Old 2011-08-09, 00:02   Link #1185
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Ouch that makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it.

I love that Patrick actaully looked liked he had some skills in the movie the poor guy had it rough in the series.
lol well I think he was meant to be more of a comedy relief character than an ACTUAL pilot, but thats just me.

Also Santa Patrick trying to smooch up on Kati was hilarious. xD

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 08:17   Link #1186
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I think it a bit of both really but he has his moments of glory at least; such as when he helped capture Virtue, deal the final blow to Nadleeh, almost got Cherudim before 00 Raiser got to him, "sacrificed" himself againts a few Gagas and again later with the ELS. He's not to Ali or Graham's level of seriousness but he has his moments. I think he symbolizes the term "grunt" very well (fights well with what he is given yet ultimately fails repeatedly because he is unable to match the Gundams on unsurpassed skill like Graham and Ali in S1) yet still be a noticeable character in the series.

Pity we never got confirmation of his fate but with his luck.......I'm sure he's likely alive.
Old 2011-08-09, 21:13   Link #1187
GundamFan

Quote:
I think it a bit of both really but he has his moments of glory at least; such as when he helped capture Virtue, deal the final blow to Nadleeh, almost got Cherudim before 00 Raiser got to him, "sacrificed" himself againts a few Gagas and again later with the ELS. He's not to Ali or Graham's level of seriousness but he has his moments. I think he symbolizes the term "grunt" very well (fights well with what he is given yet ultimately fails repeatedly because he is unable to match the Gundams on unsurpassed skill like Graham and Ali in S1) yet still be a noticeable character in the series.

Pity we never got confirmation of his fate but with his luck.......I'm sure he's likely alive.
Sonic that's pretty much my take on Patrick although I would add he did show some skill in the fight against the A-laws.
Old 2011-08-09, 21:16   Link #1188
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And lots of skill against the ELS.
Old 2011-08-10, 07:02   Link #1189
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Sonic that's pretty much my take on Patrick although I would add he did show some skill in the fight against the A-laws.
I think he has very good skills, moreso than the average grunt but still not to the par of Ali and Graham's high levels. That's really nothing to be ashamed off since those are some of the top pilots in the series. That's essentially what I mean by not to the point where he can circumvent technology gap between him and the Gundams via superskills alone whereas those two can at least mostly in S1.
Old 2011-08-11, 01:07   Link #1190
GundamFan

Quote:
I think he has very good skills, moreso than the average grunt but still not to the par of Ali and Graham's high levels. That's really nothing to be ashamed off since those are some of the top pilots in the series. That's essentially what I mean by not to the point where he can circumvent technology gap between him and the Gundams via superskills alone whereas those two can at least mostly in S1.
Sonic I didn't word my last post very well I agree Patrick has very good skills Ali and Graham's skills I would describe as being at a freakish level. And I got the the thing about Patrick not being able to over come the tech gap afterall there are limits to how big of a gap you can overcome.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:02   Link #1191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now that I think about it... Setsuna probably isn't the only Innovator to do the whole full metal body thing, given what happens in the epilogue of the movie.
Old 2011-09-11, 16:14   Link #1192
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Now that I think about it... Setsuna probably isn't the only Innovator to do the whole full metal body thing, given what happens in the epilogue of the movie.
Given they way the series presents Setusna as a messiah type character than I highly douubt that they're others like him.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 16:25   Link #1193
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's a bit of a stretch, admittedly.

In the end with Marina, we can hear the ELS humming as Setsuna approaches it, and the moment Marina hears it, she immediately knows its a person and ask who is there. It implies she's encountered such ELS-Innovators before.
Old 2011-09-11, 16:42   Link #1194
kakakka

Side-stories talked about people being infused with ELS to become Innovators (00N or 00V?)
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:53   Link #1195
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

In the end with Marina, we can hear the ELS humming as Setsuna approaches it, and the moment Marina hears it, she immediately knows its a person and ask who is there. It implies she's encountered such ELS-Innovators before.
Maybe ELS servants exist.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 10:45   Link #1196
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:

If you have a bad eyesight ( in Marina case, it looks like she almost totally blind ), and you encounter such weird voice coming closer.
It's not weird to ask who is there, it's natural. Especially if you're a 81-years old woman who having faith for a simple promise.

What makes me surprised is Marina devotion. Become an eternal widow until Setsuna return ....
While there's not-so-many romantic scene between them, and having Setsuna itself saying there's nothing happened between them ?

Nice outcome for having Setsuna x Marina ending.
Seeing how she understand Setsuna message without having need such a complicated explanation before, right when she chose her own path.
Separated but still living in one ideals. That's what I called for an ultimate OTP.

Poor Feldt, after going with so much affection toward Setsuna
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 11:43   Link #1197
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Poor Feldt, after going with so much affection toward Setsuna
I disagree with that. While they didn't hook up in the movie or any other media, it's not out of the question for them. It's left open. Also, we do not know whats up with the Crew of Celestial Being. I think it's possible that some of them turned Innovator via ELS or naturally. Could be that happened to Feldt, probably still young looking thanks to extendend lifespan and still waiting for Setsuna

Also, something I like to point out:

The entire scenes from Setsuna's coma until his launch in the 00 Qan (T) makes me believe, that he does indeed care about Feldt (either like Family or more). He see's the Flower Feldt gave him in the series, reaches out for it and finds her holding his hand. I find that alone to be pretty meaningful, but what takes the cake for me was him returning the hug from Feldt. If you look at the way he used to be when anyone came to close him and that scene, I think that says alot about his development.

I know that may sound like a shipper defending his ship, but if you think about it, it makes sense.

Cheers!

(Excuse my poor grammar, I suck a typing my own thoughts)
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 11:56   Link #1198
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
If you have a bad eyesight ( in Marina case, it looks like she almost totally blind ), and you encounter such weird voice coming closer.
It's not weird to ask who is there, it's natural. Especially if you're a 81-years old woman who having faith for a simple promise.
Except it wasn't a voice she was reacting to; Setsuna only announced his presence after she spoke up--she was reacting to the sound of the ELS, and automatically knew there was a person in the room, and not some ELS flying overhead or the like. It just makes me think she's encountered ELSified Innovators like Setsuna (rather than like Amia).
Old 2011-09-12, 12:21   Link #1199
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I disagree with that. While they didn't hook up in the movie or any other media, it's not out of the question for them. It's left open. Also, we do not know whats up with the Crew of Celestial Being. I think it's possible that some of them turned Innovator via ELS or naturally. Could be that happened to Feldt, probably still young looking thanks to extendend lifespan and still waiting for Setsuna

Also, something I like to point out:

The entire scenes from Setsuna's coma until his launch in the 00 Qan (T) makes me believe, that he does indeed care about Feldt (either like Family or more). He see's the Flower Feldt gave him in the series, reaches out for it and finds her holding his hand. I find that alone to be pretty meaningful, but what takes the cake for me was him returning the hug from Feldt. If you look at the way he used to be when anyone came to close him and that scene, I think that says alot about his development.

I know that may sound like a shipper defending his ship, but if you think about it, it makes sense.

Cheers!

(Excuse my poor grammar, I suck a typing my own thoughts)
I'm fine.
Since I'm not to good with the grammar too

Well-- Since Feldt is having affection towards Setsuna, I always think what happened between Setsuna and Feldt is a one-side relationship.
Feldt is looking for Setsuna kindness, but Setsuna already giving himself to his ideals-- as his ideals matched Marina. Marina figure is also reminding him of his mother. As a culmination of that experiences, he can't help but only be able to returned her feelings by following her and returning the hug.

That what I'm thinking about them ^^;
Quote:
Except it wasn't a voice she was reacting to; Setsuna only announced his presence after she spoke up--she was reacting to the sound of the ELS, and automatically knew there was a person in the room, and not some ELS flying overhead or the like. It just makes me think she's encountered ELSified Innovators like Setsuna (rather than like Amia).
Maybe she met Amia before ( Marina is a public figure before, so there's a lot of possibility to met her ) and learn there's a signature like that between ELS.

Or maybe she's surprised because the ground is shaking also.
Especially when you're having 0-QanT ELS landing in your flower garden
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 19:04   Link #1200
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Just because she does not have a husband now doesnt mean she didnt had any flings or datings along the way..........Nah, she's probably to busy anyways, she's always on some mission to improve the world and help people and such. Not too mention all that children to raise............

I dont think Setsuna and Feldt not working has anything to do with their ideals not matching though, there just wasnt time or situation. Or maybe he just doesnt feel that way. I do agree that Marina and Setsuna's ideals do match though, probably because she sort of helped implanted some there in the first place but its good to see their interactions over the series. Even if Marina changed Setsuna more than Setsuna changed her, I got the feeling that he taught her a few things as well; namely back in S1 where they met for the first time and showed her his point of view of how why he fights. I don't think Marina talked that badly about them anymore after that episode, like she did in the previous episodes. I guess its because of Setsuna's story sort of made her see things from a different point of view from what he's been through, even if she probably doesn't fully support CB and such. In the end, I sort of liked the way the series have potrayed these two. You kind of still get the feeling that their destinies are intertwined in a more than platonic way yet they never really went out of their way to make them a real casual romantic couple. Its also believable because they sound like the kind of people who got so much things in the world that they need to do. One being a real pure symbol of peace in the world stage while the other one is not know but still fights for it and do and does what needs to be done to protect it while also becoming one of the forefront of humanity's relationship with another advanced species. And the ending still gives a an open (you can intrepet the level however you want) yet good and strong feelings about the closeness of these two after all they have done so that a romance is still possible while some may still intrepet it differently.
===================

Regarding ELS Innovators, there's actually plenty of them aside from Amia so it would not be too much of a stretch to think she met one at some point. Although Setsuna is a special type according to the Final Mechanics, even among them.