AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-30, 21:53   Link #101
itachi29al

I dont know, im still having trouble getting into this story line, i just dont find the characters of derossa that compelling. Furthermore to many big things are happening for me to really get into any of them, 1. Sabo returned but that was kind shifted under the rug, when it should have been a huge moment. 2. The whole toy thing is kind of weird but actually fun, but it seems it is resolved so i guess that at least soemthing off the list.
3. The coliseum im guessing is going to play role in the whole event but that combined with everything else feels just awkward.
4. Their still the issue of Caesar and create Smiles that just has been put on the backburner.
5. I though LAW t and his conflict with Donflamingo would be a driving point of the arc but once again it kind just been shifted aside.
6. Not sure why the admiral is even here, maybe he will be an opponent to someone. But right now he is kind shoe-horned
7. Kinemon search for his friend has just about been forgotten completely.
8. There also some issue that need be addressed with dofla himself, who is he, what is his background, and im sure it will be addressed, but who when.
9. also if i remember correctly isn't kaidou looming overhead or something
Old 2014-03-31, 00:50   Link #102
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
1. Sabo returned but that was kind shifted under the rug, when it should have been a huge moment.
It will be a huge moment,that's why Oda didn't reveal him to us yet.
Old 2014-03-31, 14:35   Link #103
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
I dont know, im still having trouble getting into this story line, i just dont find the characters of derossa that compelling. Furthermore to many big things are happening for me to really get into any of them, 1. Sabo returned but that was kind shifted under the rug, when it should have been a huge moment. 2. The whole toy thing is kind of weird but actually fun, but it seems it is resolved so i guess that at least soemthing off the list.
3. The coliseum im guessing is going to play role in the whole event but that combined with everything else feels just awkward.
4. Their still the issue of Caesar and create Smiles that just has been put on the backburner.
5. I though LAW t and his conflict with Donflamingo would be a driving point of the arc but once again it kind just been shifted aside.
6. Not sure why the admiral is even here, maybe he will be an opponent to someone. But right now he is kind shoe-horned
7. Kinemon search for his friend has just about been forgotten completely.
8. There also some issue that need be addressed with dofla himself, who is he, what is his background, and im sure it will be addressed, but who when.
9. also if i remember correctly isn't kaidou looming overhead or something
It feels rushed, but the arc hasn't climaxed yet. I'd give it time before you make conclusions. Just from the reasons you stated I feel like this arc is still at an early phase not a later phase. Oda has left a lot of unresolved things that have yet to tie together, and I have a funny filling this arc might end with luffy setting fishman island ablaze.
Old 2014-04-01, 15:55   Link #104
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
It will be a huge moment,that's why Oda didn't reveal him to us yet.
I don't know... i feel like the the huge Sabo reveal will kind of ring hollow since we the audience already know its him. I mean, what makes big reveals so big is that its its surprise to US the audience. Sure the characters in the ring will be surprised that he's not Luffy, but we the audience will have seen it coming from a mile away. Heck, if Oda had atleast left out the tea cups and the revolutionary connection then at the very least we might still be speculating that he was someone else, like Bon Clay.

Though it does make me wonder... Does Oda realize that he made it too obvious and that the audience already guessed who it was, or does he think he was being subtle enough to hint at his identity without giving it away? Afterall, if he knows the audience already knows, then there is little reason for him to keep hiding his face from the rest of us.
Old 2014-04-01, 16:29   Link #105
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I don't know... i feel like the the huge Sabo reveal will kind of ring hollow since we the audience already know its him. I mean, what makes big reveals so big is that its its surprise to US the audience. Sure the characters in the ring will be surprised that he's not Luffy, but we the audience will have seen it coming from a mile away. Heck, if Oda had atleast left out the tea cups and the revolutionary connection then at the very least we might still be speculating that he was someone else, like Bon Clay.

Though it does make me wonder... Does Oda realize that he made it too obvious and that the audience already guessed who it was, or does he think he was being subtle enough to hint at his identity without giving it away? Afterall, if he knows the audience already knows, then there is little reason for him to keep hiding his face from the rest of us.
Maybe he has a scar or something and the surprise is for how "badass" he looks.