AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-11, 06:55   Link #721
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post

OMG!!! Kona-chan is so cute!!! I downlaoded them all!!! Thanks for the images

Spoiler for THE REAL MOE:
Old 2007-04-11, 08:13   Link #722
Green²
It's bacon!

I found this to be quite a fun series so far. Well, fun, probably depending on how one has been watching it. For what I had thought, or expected,.. "bouncy, trippy, yeah!" And ends up, "OMG, they can't be implying what I just thought they were implying!" Which you know what I'm implying. Or not. But either way your right. So long as you know what I'm implying. ...Or until you read this post till you go, "ah ha!" And throw me in a padded cell anyway.

Spoiler for Ep.1 question:

Really, a very good first episode. Honest.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 08:48   Link #723
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
I really like this series. xD
OPENING is 20 times better than Haruhi dance.
I love Kona, she is best personality ever
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 10:18   Link #724
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Okay, so I took the plunge, and went for SF-S's sub of Rakisuta Episode 1.....

(-_-") <= And this, is basically my reaction for the main part of the episode.

Now, I'm not going to say anything negative about Lucky Star....because, in actual fact, it's probably not that bad. Instead, I'll pin the blame on myself; I'm probably the kind of person who just doesn't get that kind of humour.

Or to be more specific, it's not that I can't understand 4-koma humour, it's just that I'm the kind of person who doesn't see the point in it being animated. Really, it just looks to me like a collection of 4-komas animated, and thrown together to fit a 20-plus minute time slot; kind of a pointless affair, when I can get the same dose just by reading the original 4-komas themselves. And I'm not saying this just because it's KyoAni doing this; if it were by any other studio, I'll still say the same thing. I guess I'm just not the kind of person who can properly enjoy Pani Poni Dash, Azumanga Daioh, or Lucky Star.

I'm dropping this for now, but that's in no way whatsoever an indication that I think it's bad. Overkill, perhaps, but not that bad.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 10:28   Link #725
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Of course, thats all the original Peanuts animated features were (animation of 4 panel strips in a sequence) and they were somewhat popular

No, there's nothing wrong with not being bitten by this bug but substitute "ero-game" for "4-koma" in your reasoning and you might think it a bit odd.
Old 2007-04-11, 10:29   Link #726
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
its just that the lucky channel segment at the end of lucky star...for some reason i didn't really find that one too funny....hopefully in the next episode...
I kinda forgot to mention this on my first post about eps. 1, but I think Lucky Channel was probably the thing that made me laugh the most in this episode. I found that Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hide attitude of hers quite funny.

I mean, just look at that face.
Old 2007-04-11, 11:24   Link #727
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... it was a pretty slamdunk representation of "Its frustrating that I love what I do so everyone takes advantage of me"

Makes me think the execs in Japan are either just as clueless about the content they manage as in America or they figure this is good safety valve stuff for their staff.
Old 2007-04-11, 11:35   Link #728
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

For some reason, I picture Akira's seiyuu smoking a cigarrette while doing the "un-cute mode" part of Lucky Channel .
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 11:36   Link #729
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Lucky☆Star, Lucky☆Shana, Lucky☆Haruhi:

, ,

More Lucky☆Shana:

More dancing:

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 11:39   Link #730
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
For some reason, I picture Akira's seiyuu smoking a cigarrette while doing the "un-cute mode" part of Lucky Channel .
AHHHH! I wanted to mention this in my Ep01 writeup, but now I can't... lest I be accused of plagiarism.

NOOOO!
Old 2007-04-11, 13:40   Link #731
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Finally watched the first episode. ^^;

Lucky Channel (inspired from the net radio program) cracked me up. I was happy to see Akira again after her column got fired on Comptiq last year, but that was unexpected.
Say, could you tell a little more about this? She had a column that was canned? What happened? Just wondering more about who she is. XD

I thought the show's overall pacing was marvelous myself. Most yonkoma adaptations have a sort of beat, pause, beat, pause kind of pacing, but not this one. I really dug how the conversations just would flow naturally and keep going sort of stream-of-consciousness style, as you might expect a group of chatty high schoolers to talk, almost, rather than be divided up as much into discreet "acts". Not that there weren't those, too, of course. But it was nicely mixed and moved quickly for something that was such a slice-of-life sort of comedy.

I'm also a sucker for conversations about and perspectives of food, heh, especially Japanese food.
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 13:56   Link #732
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OK!! OK!!! Alright...that DOES IT!!! I MUST LET THIS OUT...Iam I the only one that thinks of this???!!! I AM I...I THINK SO!!!...ack...ahhh...*takes a DEEP breath*

Ok here's my SECRET why I like Konata Izumi...There is one reason I don't compare her to Shana or Haruhi. The main PLOT here is in the spoiler

Spoiler for konata non SD:
Old 2007-04-11, 14:00   Link #733
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
OK!! OK!!! Alright...that DOES IT!!! I MUST LET THIS OUT...Iam I the only one that thinks of this???!!! I AM I...I THINK SO!!!...ack...ahhh...*takes a DEEP breath*

Ok here's my SECRET why I like Konata Izumi...There is one reason I don't compare her to Shana or Haruhi. The main PLOT here is in the spoiler

Spoiler for konata non SD:
God that looks old.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:01   Link #734
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... she looks kind of ... deformed? O.o (obviously, ymmv, tastes vary)

I just like Kona's moppy hair and the way they draw her eyes (which is actually different than the others. The moppy hair and antennae remind of me of someone I'm rather fond of in real life I guess (who's probably about the same height as Kona looking at the characters around her... wait, she gave her height ... runs to check it out).
Old 2007-04-11, 14:09   Link #735
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Um... she looks kind of ... deformed? O.o (obviously, ymmv, tastes vary)

I just like Kona's moppy hair and the way they draw her eyes (which is actually different than the others. The moppy hair and antennae remind of me of someone I'm rather fond of in real life I guess (who's probably about the same height as Kona looking at the characters around her... wait, she gave her height ... runs to check it out).
*shudder* Agreed about the supposed Kona likeness.

Kona's eyes, to me, are drawn in a way that always seems to not just look at the "camera", but also look out at the audience. Like she knows. It's kinda creepy, yet cool.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-04-11 at 14:23.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:10   Link #736
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

she's pretty small among all the girls in the class...yeah I wonder what's her height...Oh and yeah, secret plot is old, yet it might have been an inspiration to create such a cutie MOE like her!!
Old 2007-04-11, 14:13   Link #737
FireChick

But...if anyone doesn't mind me asking (I hope I don't get in trouble even though I don't wanna cause trouble around here), why hasn't Lucky Star appeared on www.fansub.tv yet? Just asking!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 15:09   Link #738
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Akira needs love

Metamorphosis of a (Lucky?) Star:

Redemption:

Old 2007-04-11, 15:20   Link #739
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Akira needs love
Excellent!

Of course, now I'm at a loss since all the good Akira scenes have been GIF-ified before I got to it.
(Hey, those images look really clean. Which raw did you use?)

My interest piqued by the scene on the show, I just listened to Lucky Channel net broadcast a little while ago. It's a blast to listen to, even though I can't understand half of it. These two just have amazing voices.

I'm still wondering, though, how Lucky Channel is related to the rest of Lucky Star. Surely there had to be some pre-existing connection--maybe it's omake material in the Lucky Star manga, or the net show had scripts written by the manga author? Or are they totally unrelated and just an example of the amazing power of Japanese marketing?
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 15:47   Link #740
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Akira needs love
This one is stolen
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen