AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-13, 09:30   Link #21
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

She has the best lines, quickly becoming my favorite aside from Menma.
Old 2011-05-13, 23:13   Link #22
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
She is one of those typical characters [you] hate initially but end up liking after [you] figure her out. It is dumb and typical, thus [I] am hopeful that [I] may be wrong and will end up still hating her.
Most of the characters are supposed to be like that though. Yukiatsu especially. I'm just hoping that Tsuruko actually has development that makes her more likable instead of the series just saying, "Oh, she was always awesome. We're just gradually revealing it to you."

Also, I take back what I said about there not being romantic implications. There are definitely romantic implications. It's interesting how she was able to find his pin and knew what it was.
Old 2011-05-15, 01:00   Link #23
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

why is this girl sooooooooooo cute when she was younger but ended up as a... oh well.
Old 2011-05-15, 20:45   Link #24
darkmanure

It's her indifferent nature holding back her beauty.
Old 2011-05-16, 13:10   Link #25
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

This character worries me...

It's been a whole six episodes and Tsuruko is still no less an enigma now than she was from the first episode. All we know is that she's awesome, clever, very aware of what's going on around her, and may have some sort of feelings towards Yukiatsu (though how much remains to be seen).

I'm also feeling slight (and I mean slight) yandere vibes from her - the unflinching manner in which she was putting on that ragged clip (assuming it was the same one Yukiatsu threw away, and thus her knowing what it was for), as well train station part where Yukiatsu walked off after Anaru and we just saw her flicking the page of her book, her eyes unrevealed to us viewers. These kind of set off alarm bells for me, as they may be classic signs of her being somewhat "unhinged"...

Then again, maybe I'm reading into it too much, and hopefully Episode 7 sheds more light on what really makes her tick. Tsuruko has been a cool, collected character so far, yet she (along with Poppo, it must be said) isn't showing her traumas as easily as her old friends...

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-05-17, 01:16   Link #26
Sebasu
~

^ She worries me too, not quite to a yandere extent, but because she is so good at keeping stuff to herself. I even find the hairclip scene weird because it's hard to tell if she's just making fun of herself or she has some serious case. (then again I guess it's the latter because there's got to be a reason why would she pick up the hairpin and keep it safe for years anyway.)

The train station scene where Tsuruko flipped a page in her notebook was unintentionally funny for me. Sucks to be her only getting a "thank you" from Yukiatsu and what's worse, he even left her alone on the station to follow Anaru instead. (plus he even lightly tried to ask her out) Seems like it never even crossed Yukiatsu's mind to find Tsuruko in a romantic light.

Also cannot wait for Thursday to come and show her side of the story.
Old 2011-05-17, 07:17   Link #27
darkmanure

Must really suck to be friendzoned like that for years in a one sided love. Nevermind I know that feeling. It does suck.
Old 2011-05-26, 19:45   Link #28
Mizz-Bubblez

Freaking 7th episode already and we still didn't learn much about her. :<
Old 2011-05-27, 02:05   Link #29
icatero
well, okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Most of the characters are supposed to be like that though. Yukiatsu especially. I'm just hoping that Tsuruko actually has development that makes her more likable instead of the series just saying, "Oh, she was always awesome. We're just gradually revealing it to you."

Also, I take back what I said about there not being romantic implications. There are definitely romantic implications. It's interesting how she was able to find his pin and knew what it was.
Maybe he dragged her along to a store and bought it, the only time he ever actually bought something girly.. for a real girl.
Old 2011-05-27, 07:49   Link #30
blewin

it's obvious that Tsuruko likes Yukiatsu. She likes him so much that she finds it hard to be near him while he holds no feeling for her. She's keeping it all in and probably using her studies as an outlet for her emotions.

will she erupt?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-05-28, 18:16   Link #31
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
^ She worries me too, not quite to a yandere extent, but because she is so good at keeping stuff to herself. I even find the hairclip scene weird because it's hard to tell if she's just making fun of herself or she has some serious case. (then again I guess it's the latter because there's got to be a reason why would she pick up the hairpin and keep it safe for years anyway.)
Hmm, I interpreted that completely differently. I thought she has feelings for Yukiatsu, and thus wished to have received it instead.
Old 2011-06-24, 18:05   Link #32
icatero
well, okay

Spoiler for Ep 11:
Old 2011-06-24, 22:37   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Haha. For all the crap that's occured. Just maybe.

But hey, nobody wants to be a fallback option. She wanted him to like her back for reals, but I guess in the end it's not worth worrying about it anymore. It's the pain of applying logic to a situation that doesn't have much to begin with.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-06-26, 20:44   Link #34
TrippedUp

Anyone else Daww at that little YukiaTsuruko scene at the end? That little smile behind the book was just adorable
Old 2011-06-27, 00:19   Link #35
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, they're really all kids deep down, and that makes it kinda cute.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-25, 18:24   Link #36
pisceanreve

here to revive another old AnoHana thread, but I appreciate Tsuruko more each time I watch the series XD (I've seen it like three or four times...)
I like her cleverness ^^
Also, I can't believe she actually told those girls in her class that Yukiatsu cross-dresses XD
I really hope they get together in the movie!! Also, I heard she and Anaru get closer and hang out more along with Jintan (not sure about Poppo, but probably--the girls sort of shun Yukiatsu, I've heard though)
I wish I could understand Japanese T.T
Closed Thread

Tags
characters