AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 04:06   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

No Game No Life - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced LN readers only)

This thread is for the experienced No Game No Life viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the No Game No Life anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of No Game No Life, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled.

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 14:49   Link #2
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

K, so who else is looking forward to the upcoming game with Jibril? Judging from the pace of the anime, the game will probably take place in episode 6, with episode 5 being the setup for the excursion to the library & getting to the introduction of Jibril. It'll probably end there & episode 6 covers the events leading up to the game. The game could start either in the middle or late in episode 6. Everything involving Jibril will most likely be resolved in episode 7. That said, then we'll be heading into Izuna's part of the volume.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 14:58   Link #3
Xacual

I'm looking forward to the "Where do babies come from" chat that should be near the start of next week. Hopefully it won't go the same way as the masturbation chat. Also I wonder how they will justify Steph's games against Sora next week. The main reason she was constantly challenging them was because of the "Dessert" explanation and the anime skipped it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:01   Link #4
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

How much do you think people are going to freak out when Sora and Shiro go mouth to mouth during their game against Jibril?
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:15   Link #5
Xacual

I think quite a few people will find it surprising, though I mean it makes sense at the time.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-04-30, 15:16   Link #6
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
How much do you think people are going to freak out when Sora and Shiro go mouth to mouth during their game against Jibril?
Well they aren't real siblings, so there's not much to it IMO. Freak outs should be minimal. Now that I think about it, did the anime reveal that they aren't blood related? I can't remember seeing that.

Xacual: Yea, I'm also looking forward to the "where do babies come from?" bit. That was really funny when I read it.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-04-30, 15:47   Link #7
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Well they aren't real siblings, so there's not much to it IMO. Freak outs should be minimal. Now that I think about it, did the anime reveal that they aren't blood related? I can't remember seeing that.

Xacual: Yea, I'm also looking forward to the "where do babies come from?" bit. That was really funny when I read it.
The reveal that they aren't real siblings doesn't come until volume 3 does it? Oh wait actually wasn't it mentioned when Jibril and Sora had their talk about humans in volume 2. Either way it's after the Jibril game.

Old 2014-04-30, 15:47   Link #8
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
K, so who else is looking forward to the upcoming game with Jibril?
I sure am. Jibril is my favorite character in the series, which is saying something. Am interested to see what Tamura brings to the role, particularly her bloodthirsty side, given how much I loved her Nui Harime in KLK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The reveal that they aren't real siblings doesn't come until volume 3 does it? Oh wait actually wasn't it mentioned when Jibril and Sora had their talk about humans in volume 2. Either way it's after the Jibril game.
I've read up to the point that BT has translated (Chapter 2 Book 3 as of this writing) and I don't remember if it's been revealed to anyone in-universe (well, other than Clammy, of course), but there was a flashback in Book 2, I think, that revealed it to the reader, and it was mentioned in []'s internal thoughts during the Othello game with Clammy, IIRC.
Old 2014-04-30, 16:07   Link #9
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

My bad, I'm confusing the manga with the Ln. The manga revealed that they weren't siblings as early as chapter 6. I can't remember if the Ln did as such. That said, anyone familiar with the manga, knows that they aren't related, so the wtf meter at the mouth-to-mouth should be kept to a minimum for them.

Anime-only viewers are gonna wtf a bit.
Old 2014-04-30, 16:15   Link #10
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I sure am. Jibril is my favorite character in the series, which is saying something. Am interested to see what Tamura brings to the role, particularly her bloodthirsty side, given how much I loved her Nui Harime in KLK.

I've read up to the point that BT has translated (Chapter 2 Book 3 as of this writing) and I don't remember if it's been revealed to anyone in-universe (well, other than Clammy, of course), but there was a flashback in Book 2, I think, that revealed it to the reader, and it was mentioned in []'s internal thoughts during the Othello game with Clammy, IIRC.
You're right he doesn't say they're not related but he said he first met her when she was 3 years old.

Old 2014-05-02, 23:28   Link #11
omega253

I can't wait for the supernova. Hopefully, they can animate that part well, or at least with minimal changes.

Can't forget the Cthulu army and Jibril coming the bath with the MC's.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 17:43   Link #12
c933103
FTNR

According to preview of episode 5 on official site (http://ngnl.jp/story/story5.html):

一向に改善されることのない空と白のぐうたらな生活に、ついに堪忍袋の緒が切れたステフは、二人の"真人間 化"を賭けて、ゲームを申し込むのだが……。

Seem like the anime is going to change the rationale of why Stephanie challenges with games.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 00:26   Link #13
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
I can't wait for the supernova. Hopefully, they can animate that part well, or at least with minimal changes.

Can't forget the Cthulu army and Jibril coming the bath with the MC's.
You know it's going to be epic when a nuclear explosion is merely the opening move.
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 03:46   Link #14
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
You know it's going to be epic when a nuclear explosion is merely the opening move.
They used their knowledge of modern science to troll Jibril so hard. They literally caused a chain reaction that led to her defeat. I'm looking forward to that match on all accounts.

I wonder how it feels to be outsmarted by two people of literally inferior intellect? (She has millions of books in that library & knows everything by heart. The only reason she lost is because Earth knowledge & research > Disboard knowledge & research) That game is gonna make the chess game of vol 1 look like child's play. There's never a dull moment with NGNL.
Old 2014-05-04, 03:56   Link #15
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
K, so who else is looking forward to the upcoming game with Jibril?
I supposed majority of the animation budget will go to that particular episode. Hope everything turns out smoothly. I'm more worried how they are going handle all the expositions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
According to preview of episode 5 on official site (http://ngnl.jp/story/story5.html):

Seem like the anime is going to change the rationale of why Stephanie challenges with games.
That's not a good sign.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:01   Link #16
Xacual

Well they had to change something since they removed the "Dessert" discussion and the other masturbation chat. Those were pretty much why she kept challenging Sora.

Old 2014-05-04, 04:30   Link #17
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well they had to change something since they removed the "Dessert" discussion and the other masturbation chat. Those were pretty much why she kept challenging Sora.
Time constraint maybe? But still, "Dessert" is healthy diet for male virgins. Such activities aren't a taboo like in Catholic countries. If anime team is bold enough to animate Sora's groping Steph in ep. 2 which is far worse compared to this, I don't see any other reasons to not insert it before OP credit of the next episode.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:37   Link #18
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Time constraint maybe? But still, "Dessert" is healthy diet for male virgins. Such activities aren't a taboo like in Catholic countries. If anime team is bold enough to animate Sora's groping Steph in ep. 2 which is far worse compared to this, I don't see any other reasons to not insert it before OP credit of the next episode.
....Timing?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 14:56   Link #19
kagato3

Can't quite make out the translation but what I can make out from google it doesn't look like they changed much. The only change I saw was it was both Shrio and Sora she challenged where as in the novel it looked to be only Sora. The bet that got her to be Inumimi was for 'Sora to become a citizen’

I can't wait for him asking Steph "were do babies come from"
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 15:26   Link #20
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post

Is it that different? looks like the wager is the same. BT translated it in the LN as "become a citizen" (which I always thought didn't make sense), while here it looks to be "become a model citizen", but most of the translators on BT are translating from the Chinese version, right? Something could have been lost from JP -> CN -> EN.

IIRC, most of the mention of "dessert" as it has to do with Steph's wagers was her internal thoughts. They could just not mention it and no anime-only viewer would be the wiser. It's not like she doesn't have any number of other reasons why she'd want to put the two in their place (make them better rulers, revenge for the groping/harassment, etc.). I miss the humor of that discussion, as well, but it does dehumanize Steph a bit as a character and make [] seem crueler, the latter of which they seem to be particularly avoiding in this adaptation.

Or they could just insert it in this next episode. Wouldn't take long. Just because the teaser doesn't mention it doesn't mean it's not there. The above translates more or less to
Quote:
"Finally fed up with the lack of progress from the layabout Sora and Shiro, Stephanie requests a game with the wager that the two 'become model citizens'. However..."
That's pretty standard teaser copy right there, and does adequately tease the first part of the second LN as much at it (presumably) does the next episode.