Quote:
Originally Posted by miloy2k View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'd have to agree that the plot was basically predictable. On the other hand I'd prefer that the staff put their effort into competently executing a standard plot, instead of overreaching and producing a botched attempt at originality. Episode 7's excesses aside, I think SnS generally knew its limits and stayed well within them to produce an enjoyable, if limited, show.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-06, 09:49   Link #1102
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah me too, i did feel a little lump in my throat when Sara lifted her hand up for her friend, then its seamlessly merged with the ending credit animation then that slow, and sorrowful melody of the ending song i never really paid attention too, suddenly open your eyes.

It was emotional

Shame they didn't leave it at that.

While I suppose it'll put a smile on people's face, i do like to leave the ending to viewers to speculate.

I like the idea she wanders the world forever!
Old 2007-03-19, 03:00   Link #1103
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
After finish watching this series...

IMO it just another typical mecha series whereby u can predict the ending (revenge here and there... and walla finish!!!

I was expecting some twist here and there.

Plus the story pace is too fast, example:-

Spoiler:
Yeah pretty much actually. Generally when a show is half done its run and you look at what you have, you can predict what you'll end up with. The show was crippled by its short run plain and simple. It's clear they were trying to balance drama, comedy, character, warfare, action and a lessons on family values, comraderia, trust and the importance of self-confidence during the run, but you really just can't do all that effectively in such a short time.

This is coming from a Mecha expert by the way who has seen just about every Sci-Fi Mecha anime series out there that is available. Any good element in this show I have seen done even better in another show. Really it offers absolutely nothing new to the genre, again mostly because it was far to ambitious a project for the length it was given.
Old 2007-04-02, 19:42   Link #1104
Flame-X
Anti-fan

does anyone have any wallpapers of this series?
Old 2007-04-02, 20:52   Link #1105
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
does anyone have any wallpapers of this series?
That's the thing; this series has a severe lack of official art. There's not much to make a wallpaper from.
Old 2007-04-03, 07:19   Link #1106
mouhitori

I have just watched the last episode, and I have to agree with most people's sentiment.

I think we were expecting lots more twists, after what happened in the first episode. Aside from the reason behind Ralph's turnaround, which I didn't expect, there aren't really any surprises besides that.

The series overall is very well done, but a few more twists & surprises would have rank it higher in my book.
Old 2007-04-09, 20:54   Link #1107
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Grrr, Shinsen Subs finally released episode 13, but it turns out they subbed the version of the raw that didn't have the 1+ minute prologue before the OP credits.
Old 2007-04-10, 00:13   Link #1108
faustIX

i've watched the series. the mecha is very good, it reminds me the blue vandread (vandread) . but, the story is rather cruel cuz siblings have to kill each other
Old 2007-04-10, 02:37   Link #1109
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Grrr, Shinsen Subs finally released episode 13, but it turns out they subbed the version of the raw that didn't have the 1+ minute prologue before the OP credits.
Thank God that we have fansub groups which sub anime for people just for their love for anime. Don't complain: download that version if you like it otherwise just ignore it... don't come hear complaining because we couldn't care less dude.
Old 2007-04-10, 03:51   Link #1110
Honey_and_Cleaver

I wished they showed more origins of the alien girls. The anime was really sad, lots of people died and all in tragedy but it still kept me watching.
Old 2007-04-10, 10:30   Link #1111
Seska

Ever Anime Series, lives or dies with the many of viewers. Thats the rule for all of them...
Old 2007-04-10, 19:50   Link #1112
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Thank God that we have fansub groups which sub anime for people just for their love for anime. Don't complain: download that version if you like it otherwise just ignore it... don't come hear complaining because we couldn't care less dude.
Erm, the prologue thing I'm talking about wasn't a bonus thing that aired later or something. That prologue was a normal part of the episode that was for some reason skipped in some of the raw releases, but was still pointed out by people. It's not like I'm poking at you for not getting the DVD for a bonus or something that you'd have to go some extra length to get.

And fyi, I already have that version. Plus (no offense to WD), I like the Shinsen subs better (I find them to be more accurate), and whoever thinks the same but doesn't know Japanese will be missing out on the nice prologue.
Old 2007-04-21, 21:55   Link #1113
Flame-X
Anti-fan

is a manga to this?
Old 2007-04-21, 22:15   Link #1114
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
is a manga to this?
There is a manga. I am not sure about this, but I think is about four chapters long.

The manga is a sort of a prequel that revolves around Lottie and stops just about the time that Sara joins the Libertad.
Old 2007-04-22, 01:21   Link #1115
Flame-X
Anti-fan

wow its only 4 chp?... dang
is there any scanslation or raws to this?
Old 2007-08-05, 23:22   Link #1116
Enternal

Hmm... overall, I find this actually really good. Anyways, I find that many of Emily's actions and behaviors are very .... childish. I guess that since her race all share one conscience, the Emilies might not have experience much other than the torture from experimentation which might explains why she is not mature at all; always curious, enjoys things just like a kid would. This might explains why she is dubious of most of Ralphs action other than that he met up with her again and save her as she had wanted (when Ralph first met her) and also her choice to go with Sara than Ralph since she is more like a kid, she gets scared of Ralph and clings to Sara instead.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:47   Link #1117
harmonious

Anyone know if any fansub group plans to do DVD versions of this anime?

Also anyone know if the Manga has been translated?
Old 2008-05-15, 12:31   Link #1118
SinsI

Quote:
Anyone know if any fansub group plans to do DVD versions of this anime?
There's this little known fansub group called Funimation...
Old 2008-05-15, 13:30   Link #1119
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looking back on the series I still can't get over how much of a sour taste it left in my mouth. The repetitive episode storylines, poor character development, lame villains and bland mecha combat make it so there was nothing I can say I really enjoyed to any extent about this series. I mean it when I say the highlight was actually the Lotti Gellar shower scenes. Funimation made a poor choice in my opinion.
Old 2008-05-15, 13:35   Link #1120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well its still the series that had one of the most shocking openings I could remember. Not many just go out there and kill people you expect to be members of the main group. Also they just went down so easily.