AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 23:33   Link #1
shinodude

playboy anime

well I am looking for an anime with a main character that is a playboy. Preferably comedy and not set in the past.

can anybody recommend anything?

Last edited by shinodude; 2007-09-03 at 00:08.
Old 2007-09-02, 23:52   Link #2
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinodude View Post
well I am looking for an anime with a main character that is a playboy. Preferably comedy.

can anybody recommend anything?
School Days comes to mind instantly. Man I wanna kill that guy
Old 2007-09-03, 00:19   Link #3
jedinat

School Days? I saw the first two episodes and the guy seemed a typical harem loser.

Aishiteru ze Baby, not really a comedy, but the guy is kind of a lady's man.
Old 2007-09-03, 02:57   Link #4
mana.
girl who loves anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post

Aishiteru ze Baby, not really a comedy, but the guy is kind of a lady's man.

This titled popped into mind as soon as I read the question, though technically he's not...but he is a lady's man. Just watch and see.
Old 2007-09-03, 02:58   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
A playboy is a philanderer who devotes himself to a life of "play" and typically refers to a man who has numerous brief sexual relations with women.
Harem loser? I'm not sure what that means but from my point of view Makoto from School Days fits that category. It's not a comedy though, unless you have the same playboy sense of humor.
Old 2007-09-03, 03:08   Link #6
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Inukami Not a Anime for everyone... But the main protagonist does look at everyone but his own girl. And uhu... don't mind the first 2 episodes to much... And it's not a to serious anime. But there is some good comedy

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2007-09-03, 03:15   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Harem loser? I'm not sure what that means but from my point of view Makoto from School Days fits that category. It's not a comedy though, unless you have the same playboy sense of humor.
Whatever the dictionary definition (edit: well looks like you removed the definition ^^), I think the OP's looking for someone charismatic or just a flatterer that likes the ladies, not someone who just can't make up his mind. (I don't think a "playboy" would secretly keep a picture of a girl on his phone because he's too shy to approach her)
Edit: granted I only saw a couple episodes, maybe I'm clueless or have a crappy memory.

Inukami would probably fit the request quite well, I didn't think of it. Though he's probably more of a pervert than a playboy.
Old 2007-09-03, 04:16   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Whatever the dictionary definition (edit: well looks like you removed the definition ^^), I think the OP's looking for someone charismatic or just a flatterer that likes the ladies, not someone who just can't make up his mind. (I don't think a "playboy" would secretly keep a picture of a girl on his phone because he's too shy to approach her)
Edit: granted I only saw a couple episodes, maybe I'm clueless or have a crappy memory.
Watch some more of the episodes then - you are going to be surprised (not sure if pleasantly though ) about Makoto. That said, i don't think he fits the definition of a playboy.
Spoiler for School Days:

Not exactly, but you could try Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Old 2007-09-03, 04:28   Link #9
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Watch some more of the episodes then - you are going to be surprised (not sure if pleasantly though ) about Makoto. That said, i don't think he fits the definition of a playboy.
Spoiler for School Days:

Not exactly, but you could try Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
I guess it all depends on personal interpretation. =]
Old 2007-09-04, 12:40   Link #10
shinodude

thank you for your suggestions I will check them out.

if anybody still has anymore suggestions I would love to hear em.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:51   Link #11
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

I made an honest effort to find one but couldn't. In the process I have come to the brainless conclusion that such a character wouldn't be very attractive to the general Japanese audience. Whenever I found I playboy type character, he was often the annoyance of the story (strongest recent example, Yasunobu Hattori in Suzuka). While they are drawn to be attractive, they commonly come across as douchebags with little to no respect from their friends.

My tastes don't extend out to stories like Ikki Tousen or such, but, considering the machismo that may be found in martial arts stories, there may be characters like there there.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:24   Link #12
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Reading this thread got me into watching School Days and so far I`m halfway through the series ...... and want to shoot Itou.
Spoiler for School Days drama:
Old 2007-09-04, 22:32   Link #13
Kollunz

Shuffle!
Love Hina
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Old 2007-09-05, 02:14   Link #14
yepimasissy

school days is a really evil anime lol feel really sorry for most of the chracters except that jerk male lead.

i only watched up to the 3rd episode just gave up it was just too disgusting guess i cant handle watching other peoples lives getting fd hardcore well thats just me ^^.

S.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:50   Link #15
Echoes

Spoiler for general School Days development spoiler:

As for playboy animes, I can't really think of any, so this is basically a useless post. :<
Old 2007-09-05, 18:35   Link #16
sothis

I was certain someone by now would have mentioned DNA2 o_o I mean, look at the synopsis!!

Quote:
In the future, mankind faces a terrible dilemma: overpopulation! The origin of this epidemic has been traced to one young man named Junta who, in his time period, is destined to become the Mega-Playboy who fathers 100 children (though currently, he vomits uncontrollably whenever a woman gets near him!). Karin is a DNA Operator who has been sent back in time to put a stop to the budding playboy's hormones, but accidentally becomes the cause of his transformation! As if things couldn't get worse, is Karin actually... falling in love with Junta?!
haha, how could it get more playboy-y than this? And the genre is definitely humor. There's also an OVA, but it sucks.
Old 2007-09-05, 19:14   Link #17
vizion

Ouran Highschool host club! its about good looking men come to gather and their job is to please girls! very funny too.
Old 2007-09-06, 22:38   Link #18
deadend3233

Lupin III is a good one the movies for sure
Old 2007-12-07, 19:43   Link #19
darthsait

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
hell yeah. i hate that FU**** - he is a loser though - just not a "harem" one....
Old 2007-12-08, 13:43   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would suggest DNA2 give it a try