AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-07, 07:29   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I have to agree with you, in manga I also wished for TaigaxRyuuji but in anime (and in novels) not so much. In fact in anime Ami looks like the best choice for Ryuuji so far. She can be mean and bitchy but not half of the bitch that Taiga is.
Old 2008-11-07, 07:55   Link #42
typhonsentra

Well in the comics they haven't really gotten into the Ami stuff have they?
Old 2008-11-07, 08:15   Link #43
Darknemo2000

True, (the Ami stuff just started) but again even if you compare Taiga at this point, she seemed to be the least annoying than her other two versions.

I actually liked the moments that she and ryuuji had, but in anime she looks more annoying.

Ami on the other hand, at least for me, in the anime looks maybe even more attractive than in novels (not just the looks wise, as in novels she is pretty much badly drawn, but in terms of character development and personality).
Old 2008-11-07, 08:29   Link #44
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was wondering if Ami and Ryoko are sisters......

The character outline are so.......similar.
Old 2008-11-07, 10:53   Link #45
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Good Ep, and i can say that I support AmixRyuuji as well. When they marry, she can become a model or actress, then Ryuuji would do houseworks alone when they returned home as both of them would be relax and enjoy themselves that way .

Non manga or novel-reader here, but i admit the second part could be animated into one full Ep and be edited to have more impacts. Still it's enjoyable to watch

A question that i have been wondering: did the editor messed up the character personality of Ami, or was her "fake" personality actually closer to her real personality than the "real" one?

PS: Come on Ryuuji, you can easily scare the heck out of that stalker guy; and you don't even need to do anything
Old 2008-11-07, 11:01   Link #46
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was wondering if Ami and Ryoko are sisters......

The character outline are so.......similar.
Glad I'm not the only one. They look alike... they sound alike... heck, they behave alike.

Twins separated at birth, maybe? And Ami's "psycho" side gave me higurashi vibes
Old 2008-11-07, 11:15   Link #47
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Aother question. Is this what actually happened in manga/novel ?
Spoiler for Ep 6:
Old 2008-11-07, 11:31   Link #48
Darknemo2000

In manga it didn't happened yet because manga stil is not at this part. But yes this is how taht scene looked in novel.

More suggestive and easier to misunderstand than anime one.
Old 2008-11-07, 13:07   Link #49
Kushi

omg... I squealed a little girl when Ami was suggesting she wanted to get it on with Ryu.... kyah!!!! XD 10 out 10
Old 2008-11-07, 17:09   Link #50
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I thought it was a really good episode. It was a great way for Ami to embrace her yangire side and not let people mess around with her. My view of her quickly changed throughout the episode because of what she confessed, how she changed, and how she interacted with Ryuuji. (Which, causes me to support Ami x Ryuuji now, despite the improbability)

Taiga was fun in this one as well, cause it's fun to watch her go gaga over Yuusaku. We kind of watched the pros and cons of her abrasive personality, but it was funny. Yuusaku is also impressing me too, because he's such a peculiar guy compared to others in his situation. Part of me does wonder though why he's so impressed by the Student Council President.
Old 2008-11-07, 18:08   Link #51
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Yuusaku is also impressing me too, because he's such a peculiar guy compared to others in his situation. Part of me does wonder though why he's so impressed by the Student Council President.
Kitamura just seems lazy to me >.>. Apparently, I don't like him, at least in the anime. As far as his admiration for the sc pres, he just seems to go for that gruff personality. First Taiga, now her. Maybe he's a masochist .
Old 2008-11-07, 18:17   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heck, *I* find student council prez charming Incongruities are an attractant. At least as far as the anime goes, she actually seems pretty pleasant and a bit forgetful - but she's not afraid to encounter the "palmtop tiger" head-on.
Old 2008-11-07, 18:33   Link #53
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heck, *I* find student council prez charming Incongruities are an attractant. At least as far as the anime goes, she actually seems pretty pleasant and a bit forgetful - but she's not afraid to encounter the "palmtop tiger" head-on.
Me too, I find the pres to be quite charming... A cute girl talking like a Yakuza boss is... uh... hot? I can't help but swoon over it
Old 2008-11-07, 19:00   Link #54
Molenir

I definitely am liking the Ami x Ryuji pairing now. Though I like both the other girls, at the moment, that matchup seems the most natural.

Don't really like the SCP myself. Her way of speaking just throws me off.
Old 2008-11-07, 19:16   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah she's starting to warm upto me. So much that i wouldn't mind a little bit of the spot-light centered on her at some point in the show.
Old 2008-11-07, 19:17   Link #56
Silverwyrm

A lot of the time in anime I can't make sense of why the females fall for the male lead so fast without much reason but what I liked here is it seemed a bit more realistic in this ep. Ryuji saw her other side but didn't treat her poorly for it, consoled/advised her, and from a physical standpoint he has that "cool" look that meshes with her "pretty model" look (like how his mother thinks of him, even though others find him "scary". So it didn't actually look off to me.
Old 2008-11-07, 21:07   Link #57
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I have to agree with you, in manga I also wished for TaigaxRyuuji but in anime (and in novels) not so much. In fact in anime Ami looks like the best choice for Ryuuji so far. She can be mean and bitchy but not half of the bitch that Taiga is.
ooh i 3rd that

Ami is definitly Funny in a nice way. Her acting to be nice is way more fun to watch then seeing a tiny kid throw a garbage can at 2 people. I would have totally fucked someone up if someone did that too. Its like dude, someone just disrespected you in the most horrible way its not a book or phone no its Garbage.

Spit/garbage is an instant death wrap for me
Old 2008-11-07, 21:46   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The reason why girls like Takasu so much is because of his kind heart (typical in harem anime, like Da Capo). Even the cute little tsunloli got swayed by him.

I am starting to like Ami abit from this episode, but she still ranks no 2 to Taiga.

And come to think of it I like honey-pickled kumquat too. I think it is cute that Taiga, despite having a sour personality, still has the adorable sweet tooth too.

P.S Now we have a macross style love triangle. Taiga x Ryuuji x Ami!! *plays Lion over the stereo* (pun intended)
Old 2008-11-07, 23:23   Link #59
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Now we have a macross style love triangle. Taiga x Ryuuji x Ami!! *plays Lion over the stereo* (pun intended)
How does Minori play into all of this though? From what I know, a couple of my friends support Minori/Ryuuji. As for myself, I am sorry (or not sorry?) that Ami's character development this episode convince me into Ami/Ryuuji unless something big happens in the upcoming episodes.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
Old 2008-11-07, 23:38   Link #60
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I thought this was an excellent episode. Plenty of screentime for all the main characters, and a lot of depth into Ami's character. The ep did a good job of establishing sympathy for her, although I still like Minori more.
Closed Thread