AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-26, 00:50   Link #8461
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekate View Post
Will likely be my main OC for anything serious I write that involves an OC.

Spoiler for Vivian:

Comments and criticism welcome I guess. Probably needs a canon and German check but ah well.
Old Bernkastel is old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Dare I ask how a world would just up and "reset"?
Hence why i said If. It was more an exercise of "how many ways can I pull The Matrix on my readers."

Approached on a serious note, it's a Lost Logia's fault. Consuming an entire world of its accumulated mana in it's denizens, reset it to an earlier, lower state, and letting the planet grow anew. At the end of the cycle, consume all and reform again. All the excess mana created in each cycle is then stored and used for whatever purpose the LL is intended for.

Such a method is brutal and creates a lot of mana. I've been toying with the idea, though I've no idea what to use it for. It sure makes one hell of a Holy Grail.
Old 2009-10-26, 01:55   Link #8462
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
CRASH: So what happens if I touch it?
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 02:56   Link #8463
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kiritsugu: You'd release all that Warp at one go. Care to stay for the fireworks, or are you the fireworks?
Old 2009-10-26, 14:08   Link #8464
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Well here's a random post I decided to make. Chronologically, this takes place just after Suvia rescued her sister, Lilia, in my post Rescue, Kaixa Appears

Spoiler for Faiz's Family:

Last edited by ghazghkull; 2009-10-27 at 01:26.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 07:28   Link #8465
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Hiya guys. This is a post to let you'll know I'm still alive and am starting to go through the backlog slowly. I'm unlikely going to do any sort of Backlog Breaker.... That "honor" will remain with Aaron008R ,as undisputed champion of Backlog breakers

Of course I didn't come back empty handed so here's an OC post for you guys to play over.
Spoiler for Luka Zelpher: Profile (Fake):

Spoiler for Luka Zelpher: Profile (True):
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 07:38   Link #8466
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

1... 2... 3...

Entire Class: LUKA MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 13:02   Link #8467
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Of course I didn't come back empty handed so here's an OC post for you guys to play over.
Spoiler for Luka Zelpher: Profile (Fake):

Spoiler for Luka Zelpher: Profile (True):
I'd like Sensei to give me private lessons, if you catch my drif-
*static*
Spoiler for For what happened:

And since Lowe had kindly posted that Luka-mama comment, he inadvertedly inspired me to write this. And Lowe is soooooooooooooooo going to get me for publishing this now because it involves an OC of his that hasn't even been publicly announced yet.

Sorry, Lowe, I just had to do it. You can only blame yourself for taking so long to get him out. =3

Spoiler for Chicken or Seafood?:

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES FROM LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWE

Last edited by Nya~n; 2009-10-27 at 20:59.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:17   Link #8468
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Just so you all know I ain't'n't dead, another insight into the still in-development nature of the 'Savant' Ability and what it entails, as well as a little potential explanation on how David ended up with a paperwork-sink job and a possibly harmful psychological illness.

Spoiler for explanation and consequences.:

Spoiler for notes:
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:01   Link #8469
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Having just finished a Band of Brothers marothon, my thoughts are as follows:

Old uniforms are old, but there's something classic about the OD fatigues worn by paratroopers and their jackets.

After 60 years, the basics still remain: fire and manuver; base of fire and flank - the tools have changed, but the methods haven't changed much.

Holy shit Winters charging an SS company and sending them running...before the rest of Easy showed up and put down a base of fire. My God.

Speirs is fucking awesome, running at top speed to relieve Dike, then running across the village to link up with I Company, then running all the way back. While being shot at by Germans.

....fuck, I gotta resist the impulse to make ports.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:20   Link #8470
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Give in, to the Dark Side, my padawan.

And I dedicate this Khrack post to OCT!!!

*hails Queen Mother Mafuya*

FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ
Old 2009-11-02, 16:29   Link #8471
Nijiru

Cross-posting here. Well, since Halloween is now over, and I was finally able to find a place to get a poppy yesterday, I'll toss this short up. Reviews are welcomed.

Spoiler for In Remembrance:

Thank you Tempest for your help.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:31   Link #8472
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

I've got something that could use some getting into.

Someone pointed out quite accurately to me in a fic review that in terms of combat abilities, Subaru is more or less a One Trick Pony. Her techniques are one dimensional: Charge and punch, charge and punch.

There are some close combat variations, but her strategy remains the same. 'Charge, and punch'.

Here are some things that need to be addressed.

- Wing Road: Wherever it goes, she will go. This makes it easy to lead her. She's predictable to a fault.

- Bull-rushing: Again, you can see her coming with enough time to stop for tea. If you're a competant fighter, you'll be ready to counter her something fierce.

- Lack of Attack Variety: She punches, she power punches, and she punches with short range beams. However they're all very much the same thing... Punches.

Knowing her device, spellset, and IS... What would be the most effective additions to her fighting tactics? (Without adding any new 'techniques', just creative new uses for what she has.)

There have to be some new tricks to teach her. After the pummeling I gave her in chapter eight, her flaws are distinctly obvious like never before. I want to ensure that she learns that being a straight brawler is not going to last her in many higher end fights. She needs to learn to use her skills.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:05   Link #8473
Hekate

Spoiler for AdmiralTigerclaw:

IMO at the very least she should be able to "fork" her Wing Road. It just seems like a natural progression for me.

How to improve her otherwise is a difficult question. She can possibly add speed via thrusters or a Sonic Move type of spell; more defense somehow, probably through stronger and preferably movable shields; more range (I don't know, rocket punch? lol); but probably most important but hardest to do right, guile (flares/smokescreen on roller blades? maybe hidden arms lol? other illusions seem really weird on her).

To be honest, without revamping her skills I don't think she was meant to operate outside of a team. IMO, Teana pins the enemy down and Subaru goes in to kill while Caro is main support and Erio is backup for everyone >.>

Hope I helped ^^
Hekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 20:09   Link #8474
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anything else, she could always do what she attempted to do to Nanoha in BetrayerS.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:13   Link #8475
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If anything else, she could always do what she attempted to do to Nanoha in BetrayerS.
I was thinking this as well, just trying to also think of something else to add.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 20:27   Link #8476
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Let's phrase it this way.

If YOU had these techniques, how would YOU use them?

I know how to use super strength already. And with Subaru's cyborg superstrength, I'd turn everything that wasn't bolted down (and a few things that ARE) into a projectile weapon.

With Vibration Shatter, I'd be frequently using it to 'Hulk SMASH!' things. Like the ground near an opponent.

I've actually just gotten an idea on what to do with Wing Road... It was actually Mach Calibur's idea, but the road itself can be a weapon and has a physical pressence

"Wing Road!"

"It's no-"

*Is tripped when the road rips right through where he's standing.*

On top of just flinging a wing road out from time to time to decoy the enemy.

Then there's Mach Calibur itself.

How would I use 'rocket skates'? Well, if those things can grip the wall inside a train, scaling buildings just got more awesome. Or maybe hanging from the ceiling like a bat, or hanging from my Wing Road like a bat. "BAT-BORG!"

This is what I mean by creative use of her skillset.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:30   Link #8477
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, what she did in BetrayerS is a creative use of her skill-set. She basically pulled a fast one on Nanoha by feinting with Mach Calibur and Wing Road to attack Nanoha from behind, all while throwing her famous "Cool Your Head" line back in her face.

But without long-range attacks, there's really not a whole lot else that Subaru can do, unless she's capable of bringing entire buildings down on her opponent.
Old 2009-11-02, 20:38   Link #8478
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Given how far the Wing road tends to go places, I think that qualifies as a straight up long range 'attack'. Combined with the ability to curve at will and go wherever Subaru wants it, it's perfect for a guided missile. Or perhaps guiding a 'missile'.

And that gave me a NEW idea.

Imagine this.

You have opponent X, who is good at dodging.
You try to punch, they dodge...
You throw heavy items at them, they dodge.

An idea hits. You fire a wing road over their head, then arch it down on them. They smirk and dodge forward as it smacks into the ground. You follow up by throwing something at them, but 'your aim is off'... somewhat too high... So they don't dodge.

What occures is they fail to realize you haven't made the Road disappear. The object you've thrown, backed by Subaru's cybernetic strength, riccochets off the arteficial 'ceiling' created by the Road, and smacks them in the head.

Use the moment they're disoriented to finish the combo with a ISVS.

KO!
Old 2009-11-02, 21:13   Link #8479
Hekate

Depending on how skilled she is at manipulating her Wing Road, she may as well do as you suggested and use it to guide a projectile she punches (forming a tunnel?)

Depending on how tough Wing Road is, it may also be used as a psuedo bind/cage. The problem is that Wing Road itself seems flimsy >.>

Wing Road may also be used to conceal herself, acting as a sort of "screen" between the enemy, although that's a lot of roads being made.

I personally can't see how her vibration shatter can be used differently--it really is just a super punch.

But Mach Caliber does come with small thrusters which she may use to "jump lanes". If two (or more) roads are side by side, she can quickly switch positions right before impact making her a bit more random.
Hekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:19   Link #8480
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

*Ponders*

Maybe not jump LANES... but Jump Jets.

EDIT:

Page claim for-URRK!

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content