AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 20:16   Link #441
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The more I think about, the more likely it seems that the other Valvraves are going to be piloted by a few of Haruto's schoolmates.

The delinquent leader, Raizo, is nicknamed "Thunder" (サンダー) and is supposedly hot-blooded. Sounds like the perfect pilot for Valvrave Three, which is nicknamed "Hikaminari" (火神鳴) and the kanji for Thunder (雷) can also be read as "kaminari".

But I suppose that might be a bit too obvious.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:52   Link #442
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

I think Valvrave would be better if it can change form.

Reminds me of Kuuga

Ah my favorite rider series, now it brings me memories.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:05   Link #443
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is to much like Gundam Seed
Old 2013-04-13, 21:12   Link #444
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
This is to much like Gundam Seed
Gundam SEED was itself pretty derivative, what's your point?
Old 2013-04-13, 21:13   Link #445
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Gundam Seed + Vampires + Twitter/Facebook = Valvrave. This show was trying way to hard to be the same and different at the same time. They do get kudos for Shirley-ing the potential love interest the first episode instead of waiting. At least the intro is awesome.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:10   Link #446
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Like I said, this anime looks too much like everything else!

I hope it took the best parts of everything else and not degenerate into the Geass Code known as Guilty Crown.

So far, the OP wins a ship full of Win. I'll keep watching.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:16   Link #447
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I think Valvrave would be better if it can change form.

Reminds me of Kuuga

Ah my favorite rider series, now it brings me memories.
The Valvraves look way too different from each other to be some sort of equipment add ons...and I don't think it can magically change to other forms...

Maybe there are multiple Valvraves but only pilotable by Haruto? Highly unlikely.

Counting the missing Unit II, the number of other Valvaraves seem to tie up nicely wth the bad boy band
Old 2013-04-14, 00:29   Link #448
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Images
Fujoshi strong
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
see? i told you so!
~PRESERVED ROOOOOOSEEEEEEE!!!~
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:37   Link #449
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Counting the missing Unit II, the number of other Valvaraves seem to tie up nicely wth the bad boy band
I've already made my judgement based on the OP sequence.

Ideal-class Mechanized Annihilator

See that? In the OP, right before they show the bad boy band's pilot suit mugshots, 4 of those Ideals fly past on screen and each of them had a custom paintjob that matched the bad boys' pilot suits. Also, the bad boys' cockpits don't even resemble the Valvrave 1 cockpit.

BTW, I'm not completely denying the possibility they're the pilots of the other Valvraves, but I have my doubts. The OP shows them piloting machines that aren't the Valvraves and then suddenly the Valvraves show up. I suspect the production team is using the OP sequence to mess with us.
Old 2013-04-14, 01:37   Link #450
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am curious about the antagonists; they are deliberately portraying them as absolute villains. We are not just talking about the infiltration squad, but the entire empire. The info from ep2 preview suggest that the population unanimously voted on a genocidal war.

Why? We haven't had absolute villains for decades, and most of the time the only villains were the rulers. Sunrise is going above and beyond to make the Empire look bad, to the point that it had to be deliberately unbelievable on the part of the script writers. And there isn't even any excuse of them being space aliens.

At this point, my theory is that the Empire is so extreme only so it makes the Valvrave faction relatively tolerable. I am expecting the VVV organisation to be filled with evil people, who Maruto tolerates only because the Empire is a little bit worse.
Old 2013-04-14, 01:44   Link #451
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Valvrave I-IV and Arus' Fighters:
Is it just me or Valvrave III looks like Raphael Gundam from 00 movie.(From the OP and the picture.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

See that? In the OP, right before they show the bad boy band's pilot suit mugshots, 4 of those Ideals fly past on screen and each of them had a custom paintjob that matched the bad boys' pilot suits. Also, the bad boys' cockpits don't even resemble the Valvrave 1 cockpit.

BTW, I'm not completely denying the possibility they're the pilots of the other Valvraves, but I have my doubts. The OP shows them piloting machines that aren't the Valvraves and then suddenly the Valvraves show up. I suspect the production team is using the OP sequence to mess with us.
That MA, from OP and pic, looks too OP to be true...

I think Valvraves have something in common... (I also think not all Valvraves have the same cockpit design...)
Old 2013-04-14, 02:12   Link #452
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
<snip>
That is disgusting. Please remove that pic please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:02   Link #453
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What's this about Twilight representing vampires?

No, I don't get it. You are seriously calling Twilight a representative franchise for vampirisim. And you are not the only one. A novel about a horny girl deciding which boy she wants to sleep with is now what vampires are about?
Twilight is an abusive relationship story dressed up as a vampire romance story.

This show is a mech toy commercial parading around as.....I don't know. It's like a checklist of tropes, minus a few things. Shades of Guilty Crown here, in the sense that things escalated very quickly with little development to connect any of it.

All I got was: humans live in a Dyson sphere, other humans are attacking it, there's a Japanese school complete with a shrine for some reason, which has a bunch of scientists building a neon robot under it, which some other kids are killing everyone to get to, they get screwed for not double tapping one of the scientists, cute girl dies, pansy protagonist decides not to be pansy for once, kills shield carrying robots while anime music plays, holy shit social media because some neet girl youtubes it, then he's all vampire over the arrogant bishie.

And none of his classmates are shocked over any of this, except that the school was bombed.

Apparently every mech this season must be designed after Rinne no Lagrange. Except they forgot the maru.

This shit deserves an Academy Award or something.
Old 2013-04-14, 04:40   Link #454
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also the bad guys are named after numbers in German... (L-11, A-3, H-9, X-1, Q-4)

(That said, I'm no fan of translators doing this unless they have more info about the world, but whatever, the German connection is there.)
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 04:40   Link #455
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

so if that's true, the possibility of 'Valvrave 03~06 is just another form of the basic red Valvrave' is just getting higher

and these buttons sure giving "press me to change the colour" vibe

red, green, blue, yellow and purple(?) all accounted for

making valvrave 02 identity more and more mysterious @__@
Old 2013-04-14, 04:44   Link #456
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Valvrave 2 must be your typical mc upgrade mecha. By the way, if Valvrave 1's motif is a rosé flower, what type of plants the other Valvraves supposed to represent?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:05   Link #457
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
so if that's true, the possibility of 'Valvrave 03~06 is just another form of the basic red Valvrave' is just getting higher

and these buttons sure giving "press me to change the colour" vibe

red, green, blue, yellow and purple(?) all accounted for

making valvrave 02 identity more and more mysterious @__@
Good eye. Never noticed those buttons.

So the form changing possibility just got higher.
Old 2013-04-14, 05:09   Link #458
Xander

To briefly comment on something from a few pages back, I'll just say that the writer of a given show has to match both the materials and the job description he is given. Valvrave, as we have now seen, isn't exactly the sort of project that is requiring high-brow sophistication nor any kind of subtlety. Quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This show is a mech toy commercial parading around as.....I don't know. It's like a checklist of tropes, minus a few things. Shades of Guilty Crown here, in the sense that things escalated very quickly with little development to connect any of it.
Shades of a lot of rushed first episodes in anime, I'd say, though ironically the first episode of Guilty Crown was almost painfully methodical in its attempt to fully get the viewer into the shoes of Shu (bad pun intended) and make you feel sorry for his suffering. It takes a longer time for the protagonist to act.

In contrast, this show isn't even trying to spend a comparable amount of time on any of that during the premiere, which might be worse technical form since the characters aren't as fleshed out, but perhaps it'll be better for the watching experience in the end, especially given the differences in circumstances.

Quote:
All I got was: humans live in a Dyson sphere, other humans are attacking it, there's a Japanese school complete with a shrine for some reason, which has a bunch of scientists building a neon robot under it, which some other kids are killing everyone to get to, they get screwed for not double tapping one of the scientists, cute girl dies, pansy protagonist decides not to be pansy for once, kills shield carrying robots while anime music plays, holy shit social media because some neet girl youtubes it, then he's all vampire over the arrogant bishie.
Speculations and nitpicks aside, I'd say that's about it.

But for the record, the standard approach even for this kind of show typically includes filling in more of the blanks next episode and generally slowing down a little past the first one or two weeks to, you know, actually let things cool before ramping up the pace much later on.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:13   Link #459
Tokkan

One thing that puts a damper on the theory of all the Valvraves being one machine is they all have different model numbers.

Valvrave 1 = RM-011
Valvrave 3 = RM-031
Valvrave 4 = RM-047
Valvrave 5 = RM-056
Valvrave 6 = RM-069
Old 2013-04-14, 06:13   Link #460
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
My understanding is "D-Zero" was a bad translation and not at all what was said in that scene.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire