AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 154 42.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 113 31.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 6.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 1.94%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 12:00   Link #261
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, the very first moment is of Taiga (as a wife in the kitchen) working on a meal and it has her recalling the "bento incident" (the main part of the episode).
Old 2012-08-03, 02:34   Link #262
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Just finished watching this series. Damm I don't know what to say about it yet, but it's definitely a great show.
Old 2013-05-05, 19:21   Link #263
Micromancer
>_>

might be 4 years late to watch this series, but it's sooooo damn good !!!
Old 2013-05-05, 19:32   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I usually watch it once a year or so. If you get a chance, the light novel series is good reading as well.
Old 2013-05-05, 20:05   Link #265
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromancer View Post
might be 4 years late to watch this series, but it's sooooo damn good !!!
Better late than never!

Not only do I watch bits and pieces of the series often to remind myself how very good it is, I also listen to the soundtrack just about every day, even though I have zip understanding of Japanese.

That kiss is my favorite of any kiss scene, regardless of media.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:18   Link #266
Pat123

At the start, when I saw Ruuji and Tiaga, who had not even met yet, as the poem was read, I figured it was about them getting together. I was kinda right, but during the series I sometimes had my doubts and the ending did surprise me.

This is a remarkable anime in which there are no space aliens, no superheroes, no robots, no time travel, and not even magic. It is just ordinary people with exceptional personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. Mostly it is about high school and I often though about my high school years and how similar things happened then.

Another feature is that even though I figured Ryuuji and Taiga would get together from the start, the anime brought in something surprising in each episode and kept me guessing to the very end. That takes real skill.

I would have given this a "10," except that the animation is not stellar. It is very good, though. And, to tell you the truth, the characters and stories are so compelling I did not actually notice that much.

I enjoyed the use of the anime genre, in which characters' appearance change according to mood and even the obvious corny stuff, like the double spittake by Ryuuji and Tiaga when they realized Kitamura knew Kawashima and the overly-dramatic scenes with Kushieda.

Character development and transformation is really well done. We learn about the characters and they learn about themselves.

I guess the main thing is that this is a credible story about people similar to people I've known. It resonates with my life experiences and reminded me of what high school is supposed to be about. It also reminded me that often the problem in life is not so much ability or opportunity as recognizing what is standing right in front of you.

Spoiler for favorite scenes:
Closed Thread