AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 11:51   Link #3501
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Premise: what if magic and esper abilities were all a game?

Synopsis: the videogame world is taken by storm with the introduction of a new game called FAR or Fake and Reality. This game pits two or more players against each other in virtual combat. Each side can choose their esper powers provided by the system, however each person is given their best match of ower from the get go. The controls are such that the powers only work when the user understand them well or works well with their personality. The story begins when Kamijou Touma meets with index. He is forced to play FAR and realizes that the system may be more dangerous than he thought but it's his only chance to survive.

Characters:
Kamijou Touma: an uninteresting young lad who is an avid gamer. He only plays console games and feels FAR is way beyond what a game should be. Though avid, he's only a teenage boy so his interest is actually quite interspread to anime and manga as well. He lives on his own to learn to stand on his own two feet, but his luck is abnormaly abyssmal so that hasn't been going quite well. He has a good heart but mixed with his luck, gets him into trouble. Upon accessing FAR, he is matched with the ability Imagine Breaker. It negates all codeshift based attacks on him. But it is only on his right hand. He houses a powerful virus that is said to be capable of collapsing the world network in under an hour.

Index: a girl with eidetic memory, she memorized 103,000 methods of coding. Each method is complex and requires verbatim input or understanding, else there is no use. Though she knows the codes and computer languages, index cannot code herself. This is due to her unique neural make-up.

Glossary:
Crystal card: is a one of a kind card issued to FAR players. Initially it contains a person's name, game handle, preferred power, matched power and level in each power. normally loaded into the machine by swiping over a sensor with a voice command of FAKE. However it has a second function. By swiping the card of the skin and shouting the command, REAL. The card emits a wave that connects a person's mind to the system, forcing them into the game of FAR. Through use of sensory stimulation to trick the mind that there is actual damage. A person can be hurt or die from this version of the game.

Player: the players of FAR. their abilities are provided by code hybrid from their own mind and the system. They are arbitrarily leveled on each ability depending on previous performance and voted on by peers. There is a regular re-evaluation of the levels. Not all of them know the second function of the crystl cards.

hacker: a person that gains illegal access to the system and can cause codeshifts or program anomalies. These give the hackers abnormal in game abilities. Outside the game they can also hurt people in the same manner as players who know the REAL function. They use personal terminals instead of crystal cards.

Abilities:
Imagine Breaker: this unique ability is considered the ultimate deep freeze program. By holding on to reference schematics of a system, any anomaly that comes in contact is deleted and reformed intostandard data.

Random plot bunnies hoy!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 12:20   Link #3502
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Arcana Cabal history revising:

=

Spoiler for Code of God, a little more unconventional:

Spoiler for Waking Nightmare:

Edit: I am bored

Spoiler for Ero-ranger roll call:

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-05-16 at 07:39.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 09:47   Link #3503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I may have created a mortal god... But age, you still take the cake. Even after 3 hours of reading and retreading what you wrote.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:14   Link #3504
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Mostly because I am dealing with unconventional stuff.

Reality-Bending nature of Esper.
Multiple Realities
Reality (if all your senses had been manipulated how do you tell one is real?)
4th Wall breaking

=

The rest are just having fun with whatever I got. All my characters are basically living out their own dream. So You got to let them have some fun.

Play is kind of important in the story. It fuels imagination.

A school which contrast the usual study-study-study methods of Academy City and just let the student have fun with their power, just make it stand out more as unconventional.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:55   Link #3505
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Has there been a successful crossover between toaruverse and nasuverse?
Old 2013-05-22, 09:19   Link #3506
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Define 'successful'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:30   Link #3507
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rather than just tossing a character from one series into the other's world, they actually meld the lore together and make the concept of both shine?

wondering if the concept of Origins can apply to to-aru-verse :-?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-05-22 at 13:23.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:51   Link #3508
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Shameless promotion of my fanfic passing by...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9216123/...-Keep-You-Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Rather than just tossing a character from one series into the other's world, they actually meld the lore together and make the concept of both shine?

wondering if the concept of Origins can apply to to-aru-verse :-?
I think those fanfics have not posted enough chapters to show that.
Maybe you could be the first one?

Btw, I think you could use that concept to create a separate branch of magic in the To Aru verse. It might be pretty interesting to see how it'd interacts with the verse, and the Imagine Breaker.
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 06:07   Link #3509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I was playing around with an OC in my head who is a freshly minted level 5 pyrokinetic ESPer. The only reason he reaches level 5 is because his origin is fire. Actually he'd be the host for the very concept of fire. So his control and ability far surpasses that of normal pyrokinesis users.

There would be others like him but mixed between espers and magicians. Instead of merely idol theory, I wanted to borrow the ideas of conceptual weapons and the origins. Idol theory is merely creating something that is a replica that borrows from the power of the original. Conceptual weapons use an idea and imbue it into a spiritual tool. It'll most likely be labelled as just another OC fic though probably since I wanted him to be the hero. I even have this cheesy chant all ready for him when the "flame" persona takes over his body. Ryuen Aragami would be his name.

I think hosting origins would be too OP though. To the four element origins, it doesn't matter wether their host is science or magic aligned in manifesting their powers. When the origins are in control. To them, using their element is just like moving their hands or feet. Human common sense does not apply wether it is magic or science. Calculations are rendered moot as the scale goes beyond human reckoning and even magic cannot call it magic because it uses no mana or telesma. The idea of fighting them is like fighting a incorporeal thought given flesh. They are an existence akin to angels in a sense that the normal reality is one they do not belong in but somewhere else.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-05-24 at 20:59.
Old 2013-05-25, 09:38   Link #3510
Darknet

A certain fanfic idea

[No longer relevant]

Last edited by Darknet; 2022-09-04 at 08:59. Reason: No longer relevant
Darknet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 10:30   Link #3511
Narrator 1
Master of Ellipsis

Hi, it's me, Narrator 1, the author of the Index/Madoka crossover, To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari, on FF.net.

I just wanted to stop by to let people following my work know that I'm working on Chapter 6, which keeps Homura as the point of view focus but also continues to involve Index as a primary player. Chapters 4 and 5 (which were originally one chapter but had expanded in word count until it eclipsed the first three put together) involved Homura and the circumstances that led her to Academy City, but Chapter 6 will pick up where Chapter 3 left off.

Chapter 6 will also include the return of a certain fan favorite.

Last edited by Narrator 1; 2013-05-25 at 10:56. Reason: Forgot to add fic link the first time.
Narrator 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 10:36   Link #3512
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Certain Unexpected Meeting
When Kuroko meets Last Order.

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 6

Oh Goody! Touma is in the same restaurant as Team ITEM. This will be fun.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:51   Link #3513
NeutralZero

Considering he 'hit' on one of their members and defeated Mugino in the remaining minute of their duel, it will surely be fun...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 08:51   Link #3514
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So... with the split of Railgun and Index subforums, where the HELL does my fic go?!

The crew of the Enterprise encounters enough mages to be considered Magic, but they are fully Science faction. And then there's Tainaka who is mostly Science with some Magic!!
Old 2013-05-28, 09:03   Link #3515
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm pretty sure you're still index.
Old 2013-05-28, 10:21   Link #3516
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Certain Unexpected Meeting Chapter 2
"'I don't know you,' says Misaka after making sure."
lol Kuroko's reaction.

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 7
Let the misfortune begin!
Old 2013-05-28, 22:42   Link #3517
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator 1 View Post
Hi, it's me, Narrator 1, the author of the Index/Madoka crossover, To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari, on FF.net.

I just wanted to stop by to let people following my work know that I'm working on Chapter 6, which keeps Homura as the point of view focus but also continues to involve Index as a primary player. Chapters 4 and 5 (which were originally one chapter but had expanded in word count until it eclipsed the first three put together) involved Homura and the circumstances that led her to Academy City, but Chapter 6 will pick up where Chapter 3 left off.

Chapter 6 will also include the return of a certain fan favorite.
Faster, dangit, faster!!

Oh well, I'll read it when it comes anyway.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 21:45   Link #3518
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Greetings to all!

I'm not all that good in terms of introducing myself, so I'll just go ahead and get to the point. I'm the author of A Certain World of Darkness and I figured that, after finding out someone here had been linking the story after each update, the person in question deserves my thanks. So, MrTerrorist, thanks for doing this and I thank everyone else who enjoys my little piece of work.

I also want to say that I may periodically pop in here to find some ideas for said story. If nobody is against that, I'll be looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more in the future.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 09:40   Link #3519
demino_hellsin
That one guy

looks like the veterans aren't here. So let me greet you. Welcome. *friendly hug*

Now about yandere Mugino...
Old 2013-05-30, 09:54   Link #3520
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
looks like the veterans aren't here. So let me greet you. Welcome. *friendly hug*
You just wanted to touch my fluffy fur didn't you.....fine be me! *Accepts hug with kindness*

Quote:
Now about yandere Mugino...
Myeessssssssss?
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction