AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 13:52   Link #321
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

If us reader could skip some of his training to show at least a sub-plot, I'll be glad.
Old 2014-07-03, 15:14   Link #322
nosaer

I think the Author's done a pretty good job with Jee-Han's training. The parts that we see typically have some plot connection to them, and the rest is breezed over pretty quickly.

I was a bit surprised at how easily Jee-han revealed the details of his ability to her. I wouldn't want someone like her to know the specifics of my skills yet. She hasn't done enough to earn that kind of trust.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 04:18   Link #323
senjiro
ecchi sage

I read all ch. At begining i not like it(fegore read) coz i think this be the same of ark,MS, and i'm not too fond of theses plots...
But this is funny,lol friend call him cheater je je, the truth is his powers are too OP, now he is low level,but when he level up more(around 50) he will be a monster lol
Anyone thinks he is going to make a harem of elemental summonings? He got naum, and i hope he tries summon fire,water,lighting elementals,
Yaeh redhead blushing(that line was deadly...)
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 04:57   Link #324
Breimoon

that earth spirit looked a lot like a pic i saw of an eroge with four elementals, cant remember name though.
here it is, monster quest 2. Hair is shorter compared to the game's but they look a lot alike
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 10:51   Link #325
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
that earth spirit looked a lot like a pic i saw of an eroge with four elementals, cant remember name though.
here it is, monster quest 2. Hair is shorter compared to the game's but they look a lot alike
They look totally not alike at all.
Spoiler for Gnome:
Old 2014-07-04, 18:51   Link #326
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

i am the only one, that feel that the author have some problems with his own work ?

we have so many subs plots, is like the author start something, but then he change his mind......maybe this is how he make the worldbuilding...

the bind (useless or partially useless for me) and mana arrows are good ( not my choice), but he need to focus in close combat, maybe critical or piercing damage ( without mp consumption and less flashy) and, this is important, attacks with some effects .......... i want to see that "life drain".
Old 2014-07-04, 21:36   Link #327
Kerfirou

Well, it looks like he will be focusing more on Wizard type.

To be honest, he wanted to live in modern society, so high INT is a must.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:05   Link #328
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post

I hope he does take his friends advice and level up his STR and VIT stats a bit, and work on some close quarters combat.

He's like, not even level 30 yet, so he can afford to be a bit more well rounded. Assuming his level cap is 100 like in a lot of other RPG's.

It'd suck if he had a low level cap.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:10   Link #329
Kerfirou

Yeah, that's one thing he actually has to take account for, isn't it?

whether he has a level cap or not........
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:11   Link #330
dazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post

...wizard type ..yeah....i guess you are right...... he is gonna suffer a lot ...

he need wisdom to live good, ....if he want a PhD in ...let say .. a lot of subjects.. the int is the way to go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I hope he does take his friends advice and level up his STR and VIT stats a bit, and work on some close quarters combat.

He's like, not even level 30 yet, so he can afford to be a bit more well rounded. Assuming his level cap is 100 like in a lot of other RPG's.

It'd suck if he had a low level cap.
i would chose agility and str.. and 58 inti, a assassin with elemental resistance is gonna chop him to pieces

if he have low level cap, them he better join his bro clan, and start looking for a npc, with the ability to reset and redistribute points... healer ftw

or enter options .... and look for the internal manual... people never read manual

Last edited by dazo; 2014-07-04 at 22:33.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:35   Link #331
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
...wizard type ..yeah....i guess you are right...... he is gonna suffer a lot ...

he need wisdom to live good, ....if he want a PhD in ...let say .. a lot of subjects.. the int is the way to go..

i would chose agility and str.. and 58 inti, a assassin with elemental resistance is gonna chop him to pieces

if he have low level cap, them he better join his bro clan, and start looking for a npc, with the ability to reset and redistribute points... healer ftw

or enter options .... and look for the internal manual... people never read manual
Well, I mean, intelligence is important for him in the real world. Kerfirou wasn't wrong about that. But, his INT stats are already really high at the moment, and doesn't he have like 50 unused stats? He should use those to become a more well rounded character. Being a mage is fine, but outside of a party Mages can be the most vulnerable. Specially if he wants to be a healer. Plus, in RPG's, a random character really can turn into a fail character, but someone too focused in one direction can be a fail character too.

But, I really do wonder if he has an options screen or a game manual. I mean, he should, shouldn't he?
I wonder if he has a notes section that can view his previous conversations...

He should check if he has an options manual. I need to know if he has a level cap.
Old 2014-07-04, 23:53   Link #332
Xacual

It will be amusing if he checks for a level cap and it's something like Disgaea or Rune Factory 4. I think Disgaea's level cap was 9999 and RF4's level cap was 50000. He would be amazingly broken if his cap was like that though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 00:22   Link #333
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It will be amusing if he checks for a level cap and it's something like Disgaea or Rune Factory 4. I think Disgaea's level cap was 9999 and RF4's level cap was 50000. He would be amazingly broken if his cap was like that though.
I can only imagine how long it would take for him to cap out.

But, since everything he does no matter what gives him experience, he'd be leveling up for the rest of his life. He'd eventually end up pretty broken no matter what!

Even though he's already kind of broken in general.
Old 2014-07-05, 00:57   Link #334
omega253

Quote:
I can only imagine how long it would take for him to cap out.

But, since everything he does no matter what gives him experience, he'd be leveling up for the rest of his life. He'd eventually end up pretty broken no matter what!

Even though he's already kind of broken in general.
You'd be surprised how fast a level can be maxed out when you have exp-increasing items/skills/equips. For those of you who are familiar with Disgaea, I bet Han will probably find something similar to a Trapezohedron at one point of another.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 10:00   Link #335
kazzuya13

I hope he distribute some of his stats in agility or vitality so that he won't die so easily.
Old 2014-07-05, 11:18   Link #336
dragon1412

Quote:
i am the only one, that feel that the author have some problems with his own work ?

we have so many subs plots, is like the author start something, but then he change his mind......maybe this is how he make the worldbuilding...

the bind (useless or partially useless for me) and mana arrows are good ( not my choice), but he need to focus in close combat, maybe critical or piercing damage ( without mp consumption and less flashy) and, this is important, attacks with some effects .......... i want to see that "life drain".
i thinks the author is having some problem with power level but in a opposite way from general shounen, Jee-Han is too under level to the current story( even the the weakest char beside the black leather is above him) but he can't suddenly shorten the trainning arc with some special effect since it would ruined the story like most shounen since his ability nature is grinding, in fact, i thinks that's why the black leather appears as a mark to show Jee Han have been getting stronger, and the author conducting his grinding very well, or should i say, true training rather than like suddenly boom trainning and power up like Bleach.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 16:26   Link #337
dazo

Quote:
Well, I mean, intelligence is important for him in the real world. Kerfirou wasn't wrong about that. But, his INT stats are already really high at the moment, and doesn't he have like 50 unused stats? He should use those to become a more well rounded character. Being a mage is fine, but outside of a party Mages can be the most vulnerable. Specially if he wants to be a healer. Plus, in RPG's, a random character really can turn into a fail character, but someone too focused in one direction can be a fail character too.

But, I really do wonder if he has an options screen or a game manual. I mean, he should, shouldn't he?
I wonder if he has a notes section that can view his previous conversations...

He should check if he has an options manual. I need to know if he has a level cap.
58 inti is a lot, if he continues in the mage way, and then change to str or dex, then he is going to become a battlemage , like the readhead girl.. that is a crappy character in high levels ( on low levels you can win... but later.. )....

yeah, someone too focus in one thing become a fail character.. unless is a glass cannon( str- agi ), a glass cannon assassin or archer breaks you.

check chapter 24... there is a options screen.. even there is a gameplay options ... maybe a save /load options

or you can always pull : "don't even think about bothering to read any descriptions ingame, search the web instead for accurate explanations."...

the abyss already know about him so.... time for game guides and walkthroughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
You'd be surprised how fast a level can be maxed out when you have exp-increasing items/skills/equips. For those of you who are familiar with Disgaea, I bet Han will probably find something similar to a Trapezohedron at one point of another.
until the you get banned by the admin(gaia ), for suspicious doings.......
..........time to call admin ,and explain your steps, build, items ...... then the game get patches
------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I hope he distribute some of his stats in agility or vitality so that he won't die so easily.
mmmm agi and vit, will give you a tank?...now...if you start putting point in str and vit , you become a warrior.... mages crush warriors.. go for assassin class .. attack- agi, full critical, and armor piercing damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i thinks the author is having some problem with power level but in a opposite way from general shounen, Jee-Han is too under level to the current story( even the the weakest char beside the black leather is above him) but he can't suddenly shorten the trainning arc with some special effect since it would ruined the story like most shounen since his ability nature is grinding, in fact, i thinks that's why the black leather appears as a mark to show Jee Han have been getting stronger, and the author conducting his grinding very well, or should i say, true training rather than like suddenly boom trainning and power up like Bleach.
my problem are .....the subplot ....
...we have so many thing.. the craft items, the drops, the mother - father, the others characters, existence eater/irregular magician,gamer mind(hi.. mental disorder and immunity to psychological effects.) ,the abyss.. amazon abyss ...items.. books.. and the most important thing.. life drain... but we are stuck with ogres and mana arrows.

the good thing is that the gamer is about stats and skill ..... but..then.... a wild game breaker item appeared!

Last edited by dazo; 2014-07-05 at 16:57.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:03   Link #338
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
58 inti is a lot, if he continues in the mage way, and then change to str or dex, then he is going to become a battlemage , like the readhead girl.. that is a crappy character in high levels ( on low levels you can win... but later.. )....
You said something against Battlemage?

He should leave INT as it is for now and go full WIS & STR and turn into a vanguard Mass Effect (3) Style!

He just needs to learn a self-acceleration (magic-)skill and a body-strenghtening skill. Then he goes kaboom, Charge-Nova style, on his enemies, and there will be nothing left of them! Thanks to his mana manipulation ability, he should be able to do that. Additionally thanks to his self-acceleration (magic-)skill, AGI will become redundant.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:15   Link #339
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You said something against Battlemage?

He should leave INT as it is for now and go full WIS & STR and turn into a vanguard Mass Effect (3) Style!

He just needs to learn a self-acceleration (magic-)skill and a body-strenghtening skill. Then he goes kaboom, Charge-Nova style, on his enemies, and there will be nothing left of them! Thanks to his mana manipulation ability, he should be able to do that. Additionally thanks to his self-acceleration (magic-)skill, AGI will become redundant.
personally, i'd go for agility as priority, consider this is real world fighting, agility is the best attribute, an INT+ AGI build would allow him to continuously maintain the distance while skewering the opponent. Even with high defense, brain or heart strike can kill you, in fact most fighter hate those who are fast more than those who are strong. acceleration is not a good idea since agility also consist of flexibility, mobility,... just fast is not enough i think
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:40   Link #340
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
personally, i'd go for agility as priority, consider this is real world fighting, agility is the best attribute, an INT+ AGI build would allow him to continuously maintain the distance while skewering the opponent. Even with high defense, brain or heart strike can kill you, in fact most fighter hate those who are fast more than those who are strong. acceleration is not a good idea since agility also consist of flexibility, mobility,... just fast is not enough i think
Well it depends on the "type of acceleration". I am talking about the kind, where you can plow into someone, while that someone cannot dodge, even if he/she had 1000 AGI. It depends on the general ability lay-out.

For example in Skyrim doing a battle mage (and in the long term even a normal mage) is outright impossible (unless by doing the almost hax-level enchantment where magic costs no mana).

In Mass Effect (3) though there was nothing like mana, just a cooldown for skill use in general that is determined by the last skill one has used. Cool down could be reduced by carrying less or lighter weapons, so you could easily make a magical (biotic) mass of destruction, with an undodgable charge attack ("Biotic Charge") that would always hit as long as the enemy is not at a place the player character can't get to in some way, which made the player character invincible during use and instantly fills your barriers. Then you could use an AoE skill ("Nova") that used up your complete barrier to do massive damage to all surrounding enemies and also made you invincible during use and doesn't create nor is affected by cooldown. If you don't carry too many weapons you can instantly charge the next enemy and repeat the process until all enemies where dead.

But I guess something like this won't work in The Gamer... well I'd like to see more of such battlemages that focus on point blank precision magical attacks, something that wouldn't be useable by a normal mage or a normal fighter, ever, so I guess the idea with AGI would work too, if it was about to make precise magical attacks which go around usual defenses somehow.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, rpg-like character