AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-25, 03:03   Link #141
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

not really, since it can be adjusted by a few degrees (HIMAT), then it could stand like, say, a WZC.

http://www.core-works.com/product_in...73405c7d7c0b91
this is also a good SF version
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 03:03   Link #142
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
not really, since it can be adjusted by a few degrees (HIMAT), then it could stand like, say, a WZC.

http://www.core-works.com/product_in...73405c7d7c0b91
this is also a good SF version
But that doesn't change that the wings are severely out of proportion.
Old 2006-02-25, 08:04   Link #143
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I can imagine the designers.....

"BIGGER BACKPACKS! NO YOU FOOL! THE WINGS MUST BE BIGGER THAN DESTROY! I GOT IT LETS PUT FLASHY SPARKLY DUST AND CALL IT WINGS OF LIGHT! IT'LL MAKE IT LOOK HUMONGOUS!"

S-Freedom looks like its about to topple over from its own weight sometimes and doesn't even look aerodynamic. Its more like a downgrade of Freedom.

I mean come on.......

Spoiler:

vs
Spoiler:

Those wings aren't even shaped for flight, they're just plain excess.
Even the Murasame looks several times nicer if we want to stop comparing across series.

Spoiler:

Its like they pick those ranks simply because its the newest hero's machine and not because it looks good. But I guess then again this IS a popularity contest.......but when I show it to people who've never seen Gundam before, even they mention that S-Freedom looks like the ugliest thing they've ever seen, even when in action.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-02-25 at 17:55. Reason: Do not hotlink images.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 17:05   Link #144
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

murasames do look nicer, seems like the SEED version of the ZETAPlus series...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 18:21   Link #145
alexsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
I can imagine the designers.....

"BIGGER BACKPACKS! NO YOU FOOL! THE WINGS MUST BE BIGGER THAN DESTROY! I GOT IT LETS PUT FLASHY SPARKLY DUST AND CALL IT WINGS OF LIGHT! IT'LL MAKE IT LOOK HUMONGOUS!"

S-Freedom looks like its about to topple over from its own weight sometimes and doesn't even look aerodynamic. Its more like a downgrade of Freedom.

I mean come on.......

Spoiler:

vs
Spoiler:

Those wings aren't even shaped for flight, they're just plain excess.
Even the Murasame looks several times nicer if we want to stop comparing across series.

Spoiler:

Its like they pick those ranks simply because its the newest hero's machine and not because it looks good. But I guess then again this IS a popularity contest.......but when I show it to people who've never seen Gundam before, even they mention that S-Freedom looks like the ugliest thing they've ever seen, even when in action.

whatever man that just you opinion, i can say like you too that my friend say that S-F is the most hot looking gundam when i show them, and they never see gumdam before.
And plz dude S-F and Freedom they are look the same so is you like the old freedom should like this one too.
alexsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 18:38   Link #146
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well I liked the old Freedom but I hate the look of the SF. They just added switched the guns around and tacked on dragoons on the wings which made them look fat and bulky, and an ugly belly cannon. The old Freedom wasen't aerodynamic but heck atleast it looked sleek, I still cant believe SF is beating Zeta Plus im not a fan of those gold joints they just seem tacky to me. Oh well it just boils down to personal taste, I prefer the new Justice over the old one though definatly an improvement there
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 21:31   Link #147
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

The Gundam Ace poll doesn't mean much in terms of actual sales. I would think the people that does the voting are young teenagers, as they are the target audience for SEED according to Fukuda. The people buying the models can range from teenagers to middle-age men.

From what I've heard and read, SF is doing terrible in sales and they slapped SF with discount after discount because they're having trouble selling them. Destiny is supposed to be the best selling GSD model but it's not doing "great" either. At this rate, IJ will probably never have a 1/100.

My assumption is that GSD's target audience are just people that aren't interested in models. On the other hand,

1. The DVDs and CDs are doing good thanks to a large female fanbase.
2. The character figurines are selling like hotcakes and there are TONS of them out there, with many more planned to be released. Lunamaria and Lacus are particularly popular. (I would think this is due to the horny teenage male fanbase )

So I guess the SEED series is more about the characters than the gundam themselves.

As for SF? Well, I don't like its design. My fav in GSD is by far Savior.
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 21:53   Link #148
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

And thats a shame that IJ wont make it, I really want an MG IJ to put next to my MG freedom... Freedom is lonely fighting megatron and optimus prime alone

Well the models not selling well shouldnt be really that surprising... I mean Destiny is probly the only suit in GSD that wasent a blatent rip of older UC designs, which the majority of the model buyers most likely already have. I do hope they come out with an MG Murasame since I own everyother Zeta MG and higher varient and wont mind adding another to my collection.... they need help gang beating that giant transformer battleship on my drawer
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 06:52   Link #149
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
And plz dude S-F and Freedom they are look the same so is you like the old freedom should like this one too.
.......if they did, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.

Quote:
I mean Destiny is probly the only suit in GSD that wasent a blatent rip of older UC designs, which the majority of the model buyers most likely already have. I do hope they come out with an MG Murasame since I own everyother Zeta MG and higher varient and wont mind adding another to my collection
That and a Windam, Forbidden and Raider would be wonderful if very far off......

Quote:
My assumption is that GSD's target audience are just people that aren't interested in models. On the other hand,

1. The DVDs and CDs are doing good thanks to a large female fanbase.
2. The character figurines are selling like hotcakes and there are TONS of them out there, with many more planned to be released. Lunamaria and Lacus are particularly popular. (I would think this is due to the horny teenage male fanbase )
Sex sells we all know that n_n *cough*

And thats actually rather interesting now you pointed it out, that is right S-Destiny does target a audience thats very little interested in models as it went more mainstream, I never actually noticed that.

Quote:
As for SF? Well, I don't like its design. My fav in GSD is by far Savior.
I'm happy as it got a 1/100 as it is.

Quote:
From what I've heard and read, SF is doing terrible in sales and they slapped SF with discount after discount because they're having trouble selling them.
I do know Impulse is also another highly unpopular model thats being virtually given away for free. Most stores stocked up apparentally thinking S-Destiny would shift alot of models but as it turned out nobody wanted them. (The old MG Freedom proving to be way more popular)

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-03-07 at 19:59.
Old 2006-02-26, 07:42   Link #150
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Just for your infomation ^^

ANIMAG BEST ANIME COUPLE 2004 (Thailand)
1st - KiraxAthrun
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:18   Link #151
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

...................*cough*..........

Is that for real? Guess that answers everything
Old 2006-02-26, 09:01   Link #152
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety

I do know Impulse is also another highly unpopular model thats being virtually given away for free. Most stores stocked up apparentally thinking S-Destiny would shift alot of models but as it turned out nobody wanted them. (The old MG Freedom proving to be way more popular)
Thats kinda amusing, doesnt matter who the hero of the show was, model sales for both SF and Impulse arent doing so well.
I still remember when everyone was going crazy over the picture of Kira's "Nu Freedom" gundam at the end of the 2nd ending song. From that picture people assumed "no sheilds, 2 beam rifles and possibly dragoons". No one expected SF would turn out the way it did. Even Destiny, I think similar stuff happened when we were given the spoiler picture for Destiny in the 2nd Opn.
They didnt turn out like we expected.

BTW These poll results were on Gunota today, I was quite happy that Gundam X/DX was on the list:

Quote:
HJ EMSiA poll results
The final tally of Hobby Japan's EMSiA poll (mentioned previously here and here) are given at MIA Sora. The column on the left being HJ's poll and the column on the right being MIA Sora's own poll of site visitors:
1) Hyaku Shiki (80 votes)
2) Nu Gundam (78 votes)
3) Wing Gundam Zero Custom (60 votes)
4) Sazabi (58 votes)
5) V2 Gundam (54 votes)
6) Strike Freedom Gundam (53 votes)
7) Crossbone Gundam (52 votes)
8) Gerbera Tetra (41 votes)
9) Gundam DX (36 votes)
10) Gundam X (33 votes)

Last edited by Strike Mk.II; 2006-02-26 at 20:27.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 04:08   Link #153
Kai Yukari

There are just too many Gundam SEED characters there...too many

Kira beating Char Aznable?? maybe it's Fukuda's fault for making Kira too invincible .

Lunamaria Hawke being 2nd while Cagalli is only 4th? Just how powerful was Lunamaria anyway?

Strike Freedom being the #1 mobile suit, I like it in terms of power but aesthetically speaking, I like Wing Zero in Endless Waltz. Akatsuki just blinds the eye .

Last edited by Kai Yukari; 2008-04-17 at 10:18.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 04:26   Link #154
MrNotalk

Pretty much all the Mobile Suits from Seed Destiny aren't selling that well. With Impulse being at the top of the not selling well list.
They kind of released too many mobile suit with lots that are just recolors or a added bit of this and that. They release so many in toys and models from GSD that people probably don't even have room to place them, even store need to clear more room from all their different kits.

Strike Freedom and Destiny both suppose to be top sellers, but people can only buy so much considering all the models and toys of other GSD mobile suits that came before this. Stores also expect higher demand on them so they stocked up more than others, as a result both ended up in the bargin bin along with most of the other mobile suits from SGD.
MrNotalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 06:13   Link #155
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Lunamaria Hawke being 2nd while Cagalli is only 4th? Just how powerful was lunamaria anyway?
This one is easier to answer. Lunamaria Hawke is way more powerful because.

1) She actually showed some decent skills in the early episodes of S-Destiny against Gaia.

2) She has a miniskirt.

Quote:
BTW These poll results were on Gunota today, I was quite happy that Gundam X/DX was on the list:
You and me both, Gundam DX had one of the nicest designs and unique abilities ever for a Gundam and rarely gets any justice done to it. Nice to know there are other people who still like it enough, though a minority.

Quote:
Strike Freedom and Destiny both suppose to be top sellers, but people can only buy so much considering all the models and toys of other GSD mobile suits that came before this. Stores also expect higher demand on them so they stocked up more than others, as a result both ended up in the bargin bin along with most of the other mobile suits from SGD.
Yeah the annoying thing is, MG Freedom was in much higher demand, to the point that it sold out near everywhere. Yet they weren't shifting enough model sets and if you didn't get it in the initial rush the thing now is at the higher end of pricing due to the availibility so I've been reluctant to get it.
Old 2006-02-27, 07:58   Link #156
MrNotalk

Yeah, there's always seem to be a huge demand for the MG Freedom. Especially when you see lots of model builders using them for their Base Frame on their own MG Strike Freedom, MG Destiny, MG impulse, and of course other MG Freedom mods.

You can get the MG Freedom for $42 before shipping in the USA now so it's pretty reasonable.
There was a sale about month ago for $36,, but boy did it sold out quick.
MrNotalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 09:31   Link #157
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotalk
You can get the MG Freedom for $42 before shipping in the USA now so it's pretty reasonable.
There was a sale about month ago for $36,, but boy did it sold out quick.
The average I see it for is around $50 so $42 is pretty damn reasonable as it is. In UK its even more expensive since they're almost always imported and have tax added on. I think most people prefer using the MG Freedom as a base for their own Strike Freedom since it actually tends to look better as you said.

Oh and since this is on topic.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sety; 2006-03-01 at 05:34.
Old 2006-03-07, 17:18   Link #158
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
1. Kira Yamato
2. Char Aznable
3. Amuro Ray
4. Athrun Zala
5. Kamille Bidan
6. Anavel Gato
7. Yzak Joule
8. Quattro Bagina
9. Shinn Asuka
10. Ramba Ral
11. Mwu La Flagga
12. Kai Shidan
13. Heero Yuy
14. Seabook Arno
15. Pappitimus Scirocco
16. Raww Le Kleuze
17. Kou Uraki
18. Dozle Zabi
19. Shiro Amada
20. Garrod Ran
21. Yazan Gable
22. Sleggar Row
23. Cucuruz Doan
24. Croto Buer
25. Jerid Messa
26. Andrew Waltfeld
27. Hayato Kobayashi
28. Rolan Checheck
29. Lowe Gear
30. Rey Za Burrel

1. Lacus Clyne
2. Sayla Mass
3. Lunamaria Hawke
4. Cagalli Yula Athha
5. Haman Karn
6. Emma Sheen
7. Four Murasame
8. Stellar Loussier
9. Lalah Sune
10. Aina Sahalin
11. Meyrin Hawke
12. Cima Garahau
13. Murrue Ramias
14. Tiffa Adil
15. Frau Bau
16. Elpe Ple
17. Fa Yuiry
18. Cecily Fairchild
19. Loux Louka
20. Talia Gladys
21. Meer Campbell
22. Mirai Yashima
23. Matilda Adjan
24. Flay Alster
25. Rain Mikamura
26. Maoura Pharoah
27. Shiho Hahenfuss <--- HAHA! BITCH! I HOPE YOU DROP OFF THE LIST!
28. Christina MaKenzie
29. Chein Agi
30. Miharu Ratokie

1. Strike Freedom Gundam
2. Zeta Gundam
3. Akatsuki
4. Freedom Gundam
5. Hyaku Shiki
6. Quebely
7. Nu Gundam
8. Gundam
9. Infinite Justice
10. Destiny Gundam
11. Accguy
12. Zaku II
13. Sazabi
14. Gundam Mark II
15. Gundam Wing Zero
16. Gouf
17. Dom
18. Gundam F91
19. Gelgoog
20. Gouf Custom
21. ZZ Gundam
22. Rick Dias
23. The O
24. Legend Gundam
25. Saviour Gundam
26. Zagokk
27. GM (or as Tokyopop says "Jim")
28. V Gundam
29. Asshimer
30. Kampher
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 17:27   Link #159
tetsuo69

nothing really new kira still no.1 with Strike Freedom

Quote:
9. Infinite Justice
10. Destiny Gundam
Akatsuki it owns them

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-03-08 at 03:34.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 18:27   Link #160
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
nothing really new kira still no.1 with Strike Freedom

Akatsuki is owns them
And S-f for one should be getting owned by many other mecha on that mecha list. Just goes to show how much actual consideration for talent goes into the voting. (those gold joints...ugh )

And DB, what's your gripe against Shiho?