Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 07:19   Link #181
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Um... why? he fits my Custom Shepard more..
If male Shepard used that sassy voice that the actor had used for the man-whore elf in da2 I would totally consider playing one
Old 2011-04-15, 12:45   Link #182
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It had a 3 seconds worth of illusion of gray behind it when one of your allies will always try to play the straight-man and tell you there might be some value in preserving it, but the post-mission discussions pretty much slap it in your face that you're a massive tard and your comrades doesn't respect you as much if you chose to be TIM's lap dog.
Yeah... I heard even Miranda expresses some doubt in your decision to leave the base to Cerberus. You know you likely have messed up somewhere when even she disagrees with a significant pro-Cerberus decision such as that. Anyway, I destroyed the base. As much as giving the base to TIM seems like a good idea, I just wanted to give the guy the middle finger once in while. Hopefully, I'm not going to regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
If male Shepard used that sassy voice that the actor had used for the man-whore elf in da2 I would totally consider playing one
I was surprised when I discovered that.

Mark Meer adopts a rather stoic, military persona as the male Shepard, (which some might find boring), but his role as Jethann, the male elven prostitute demonstrates that he can bring out different personalities with his voice.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:07   Link #183
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

My coin is on IM's cyber-eyes turning him into Saren V2 and he's a puppet for the Reapers.

Playing ME1 again, and... was there ever a way to turn helmets on or off? I vaguely remember this being the case, but I can't for the love of my life remember how.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:21   Link #184
Mortis
You fool!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My coin is on IM's cyber-eyes turning him into Saren V2 and he's a puppet for the Reapers.

Playing ME1 again, and... was there ever a way to turn helmets on or off? I vaguely remember this being the case, but I can't for the love of my life remember how.
The equipment window, there's a 'toggle helmet' button
Old 2011-04-15, 13:41   Link #185
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sorely missed on ME2, that button.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:25   Link #186
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

The equipment window, there's a 'toggle helmet' button
*nod* And I always loved it in ME1. I could run around without it and simply switch it on in combat situations.

Was a little disappointed that I had to choose in the ship if I would wear it or not in ME2.
Old 2011-04-15, 18:50   Link #187
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
That's because helmets aren't just cosmetic in ME2--they actually provide separate bonuses, except for some of the DLC armor that can't be broken up into pieces.

I usually just use the visor from the Citadel because that little headshot bonus makes it a lot easier to one-shot-kill people with the Phalanx pistol. Rarely do I get that little tiny sliver of life remaining.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:51   Link #188
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Still no reason to left out a "toggle helmet" button.

But maybe it was similiar feedback that made them put one into DA2.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:54   Link #189
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Srsly hope ME3 has more melee attacks or techniques. I love playing Vanguard and having more than just a tackle-buttstroke would be awesome. Gotta love the Charge > buttstroke > shotgun blast to the face combo. Would be cooler with different melee attacks.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:57   Link #190
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

True, I'm quit interested in this "every class has access to unique close-quarter attacks" myself.
Old 2011-04-16, 16:00   Link #191
Nikkan

It worries me that Tali still isn't confirmed when other "minor" character like Legion and Mordin is.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:05   Link #192
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Depending on how you completed her loyalty mission (if you do it by using the Charm or Intimidate options or grandstanding the trial) then there's a high chance the Admiralty Board will promote her to her father's former position.

I suspect Tali will have a big role in ME3, specifically getting the Migrant Fleet on your side to fight the Reapers, but I don't think she'll actually be a squad member--unless they write an entirely different path (which would be a lot of dialogue to record) for Tali'zorah vas Normandy (you agreed to keep her father's involvement silent and could not either use the Charm/Intimidate options or grandstand the trial).

Let's all Post Our Shepards!

Spoiler for big:

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2011-04-16 at 16:36.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:47   Link #193
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
It worries me that Tali still isn't confirmed when other "minor" character like Legion and Mordin is.
dont worry, the characters that have been announced have only been mentioned in the confrience and interviews...
Old 2011-04-17, 01:12   Link #194
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
*Shakes Yumii-chan*

Nobody likes her! Nobody ever did! It's a good thing Bioware understands that! It's time to forget about that silly alien and move along!

Quote:
It's unfortunate though that Mass Effect 2 shoves down your throat that giving that base is WRONG and BAD.
Well it's the middle child so they can't have too many deviances from the major lines. With the third since its the end they should have more opportunities.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 04:49   Link #195
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

I was surprised when I discovered that.

Mark Meer adopts a rather stoic, military persona as the male Shepard, (which some might find boring), but his role as Jethann, the male elven prostitute demonstrates that he can bring out different personalities with his voice.
As far as I'm concerned, it's his best role to date. At least he shows genuine emotion, his Shepard voice on the other hands sounds so bland and tranquil like.

And my sentinel Shep for greater justice. She is pure renegade, don't let the plastic pretty face fool you!
Old 2011-04-17, 04:54   Link #196
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Let's all Post Our Shepards!
Ah, well... as I said before... not that good looking!

Spoiler for :-D :
Old 2011-04-17, 06:15   Link #197
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I can't play Sentinel or Adept, it's just too frustrating. They're good at not dying, but not so good at doing damage. >< Soldier is just boring. Infiltrator was more fun in ME1, still very useful in ME2 though.

Vanguard's my favorite, which is funny--Vanguard sucked balls in ME1, but Charge makes it oh so awesome. It's just so much fun to get in a big room full of bad guys and bounce back and forth between them like a Shepard-pinball, Charge, punch, shotgun to the face, rinse and repeat. Just wish my dumb shotgun held more than three shots.

A rough and tough Vanguard up-close-and-personal Renegade, that's my Commander Shepard. About 1/4 Paragon, 3/4 Renegade. Good to my crew, ruthless to everyone else.
Old 2011-04-17, 06:31   Link #198
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Tali fans were legion on Bioware's forum during ME2. My guess is that they are delaying the announcement to make things more interesting through the long, long, long wait
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 07:11   Link #199
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

here iss mine

Old 2011-04-17, 08:07   Link #200
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's unfortunate though that Mass Effect 2 shoves down your throat that giving that base is WRONG and BAD.

It had a 3 seconds worth of illusion of gray behind it when one of your allies will always try to play the straight-man and tell you there might be some value in preserving it, but the post-mission discussions pretty much slap it in your face that you're a massive tard and your comrades doesn't respect you as much if you chose to be TIM's lap dog.

I guess it'll show itself in Mass Effect 3 properly as the game railroads Cerberus into being your enemy anyway no matter how much of a Cerberus fanboy you might be in Mass Effect 2.
Perhaps, but I base my decisions not on morality or even logical thought.

I base my choice on "what kind of setup would make the third game interesting in a convoluted way"

Why play it safe? The more wild cards the better.

Hey, if I was given a choice to make my own Reaper in ME3.. I would totally do it.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass