AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 13:51   Link #1041
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

After I cast the spell can go to Battle to the Death in the Hall, before the text shows up, I get a runtime error and the game shuts down. but the first time I started playing I got to the door before this happened. How can I fix this~?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 14:36   Link #1042
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

What does the runtime error exactly says? (A screenshot might be better in fact).
Also, do you have this problem if you get to that chapter from the previous one, chapter 13?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-01-26 at 16:47.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:03   Link #1043
clevomon

Having Trouble Running Demo

I downloaded the demo of the first arc and was trying to set it up on my mac, but I'm having trouble finding the fullscrn folder. I've got everything up to that point set up, so does anyone know where I can find that folder?
clevomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:43   Link #1044
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
She also wanted to ask if anyone elses copy came with the chess piece charm!
My Umineko 4 disc just arrived earlyer today from Himeya Soft, and it also had a little chess piece charm

very nice! Im looking forward to trying day 3... when I get finished with more pressing matters....
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:05   Link #1045
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevomon View Post
I downloaded the demo of the first arc and was trying to set it up on my mac, but I'm having trouble finding the fullscrn folder. I've got everything up to that point set up, so does anyone know where I can find that folder?
For the demo version, you don't need to worry about the fullsrc folder because there is no installation phase. Just stick the patch folder in the demo folder and everything should work fine.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 23:15   Link #1046
Shadow Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
What does the runtime error exactly says? (A screenshot might be better in fact).
Also, do you have this problem if you get to that chapter from the previous one, chapter 13?
I tried the one before and it still didn't work. I'll get a screenshot.

Actually, I can't even get it to open now. It just shuts off after the Witch-Hunt logo and stuff. I'll try reinstalling the game and repatching it...

EDIT: I had to copy the game from the E:\ drive because the installation always got caught on the fullscr part. Might that be a problem? Cause this time I heard the waves and stuff before the game shut down. It's because I didn't properly install it, right?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!

Last edited by Shadow Miko; 2009-01-26 at 23:42.
Old 2009-01-26, 23:43   Link #1047
Unison
Banned

For Episode 2, was there supposed to be music during the credits? Because there wasn't.
Unison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:10   Link #1048
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unison View Post
For Episode 2, was there supposed to be music during the credits? Because there wasn't.
Spoiler for the Readme:

So yeah, if your PC isn't set to Japanese locale while you are playing the game, you will miss a dozen of BGM and sound effects.

A good solution to this problem is downloading AppLocale.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 00:30   Link #1049
Unison
Banned

Does that mean the Episode 2 credits should have music?

The last time I asked about all the silence, through a friend, I was told that there were just many moments that generally had no BGM.>_<

How many unlockable Tea Parties are there, and how do you unlock them? And how do you unlock the Music Box?

Also, for Episode 3, the opening for Episode 1 played. This is a mistake, right?

Last edited by Unison; 2009-01-27 at 04:11.
Unison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 04:28   Link #1050
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Yes, Episode 2 should have a BGM playing during the credits (liliana one)

2) Your friend probably got the very same issue then.

3) For each episode, you have the regular tea party unlocked after the said episode is done, and the ura tea party, "?????" that is unlocked once you have read the normal tea party.
Music Box is only unlocked if you finish completely the latest episode of your game (tea parties included). So for example, for episode 3 game, you need to finish reading ura tea party 3.

4) Not at all. the first 3 episodes share the same OP. Only episode 4 has a new OP.
Old 2009-01-27, 06:34   Link #1051
HigurashinoUmineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In the japanese game folder, there must be the folder where the patch is, but you cannot have any sub directory in there.
Basically, in the main game folder, there should be the "[WH] Umineko English", and once you click it, you should have all the patch files. You cannot have "another folder" and then get the files.

Simply put, you must be able to reach the patch files as soon as you get access to the patch folder.
If it is still not working properly, try to launch the game first if it is working properly, and check the arc.nsa file size.
Ok well here's the [WH] Umineko English folder I have. I checked the size of the arc.nsa but I don't know what the size it is supposed to be for the game to work.
I also want to make sure that these are the patch files needed too....

Last edited by HigurashinoUmineko; 2009-01-27 at 06:36. Reason: Did the link bad...Ithink
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 07:57   Link #1052
clevomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
For the demo version, you don't need to worry about the fullsrc folder because there is no installation phase. Just stick the patch folder in the demo folder and everything should work fine.
Okay, and then I turn on the onscriptor, right? Because in that case, it's saying there's no onscriptor data and refusing to start up.
Old 2009-01-27, 08:35   Link #1053
Jenq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post
My Umineko 4 disc just arrived earlyer today from Himeya Soft, and it also had a little chess piece charm

very nice! Im looking forward to trying day 3... when I get finished with more pressing matters....
I also ordered Ep 4 from Himeya but I didn't get any charm, maybe I lost it?
By the way was the charm in the dvd case or inside the package?
Jenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:05   Link #1054
clevomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevomon View Post
Okay, and then I turn on the onscriptor, right? Because in that case, it's saying there's no onscriptor data and refusing to start up.
NM - I got it to start up. Thank you so much for your help! ...And there'll probably be a second thank you later, once I see your great work!
Old 2009-01-27, 09:10   Link #1055
Shadow Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
I tried the one before and it still didn't work. I'll get a screenshot.

Actually, I can't even get it to open now. It just shuts off after the Witch-Hunt logo and stuff. I'll try reinstalling the game and repatching it...

EDIT: I had to copy the game from the E:\ drive because the installation always got caught on the fullscr part. Might that be a problem? Cause this time I heard the waves and stuff before the game shut down. It's because I didn't properly install it, right?
Gah, it seems to be working now.

Old 2009-01-27, 10:37   Link #1056
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
Ok well here's the [WH] Umineko English folder I have. I checked the size of the arc.nsa but I don't know what the size it is supposed to be for the game to work.
I also want to make sure that these are the patch files needed too....
Which version of the game do you have, and where did you put this folder? The error you're seeing usually happens when you put that folder in the wrong place.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 18:04   Link #1057
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCyclops View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenq View Post
I also ordered Ep 4 from Himeya but I didn't get any charm, maybe I lost it?
By the way was the charm in the dvd case or inside the package?
I picked up my package from the post office today and it also contained a pawn chess piece (ordered from Himeya). It was in the package, not the DVD. I really like the gold trim and Star of David. I wonder if anyone got a piece other than a pawn?
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 19:44   Link #1058
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

I got one too! I thought that I hadn't, but I felt around in the shipping package (which I luckily hadn't thrown away yet) and it was sitting in the corner. I wonder why we got them? Other than looking like a chess pawn, does it have any significance to Umineko?

Last edited by Aeriven; 2009-01-27 at 20:58. Reason: Clarification
Aeriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 21:06   Link #1059
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

...I feel kinda stupid for being really late; half a month, I really should check more. But thank you! Now to wait for Ep 4 to be finished (or at least the first part, since it is really huge. I feel sorry for you guys D=)!
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 22:39   Link #1060
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I left my charm at work (decoration ), but on the back it says Umineko no naku koro ni... something, something, "melon books" something, something.

.....My Japanese sucks and I left it at work, what do you people want from me XD ?

I originally had the charm on my purse but... it's so pretty, and I'm so rough with my purse sometimes that I took it off for fear i would loose it ^^; .

EDIT- I'm at work now, so now I can "read" the back of the charm! "'Umineko no naku koro ni' kanji- kanji for the number 4- kanji I should know but I can't remember- melon books - kanji kanji kanji... charm."

.....Have I mentioned that my Japanese sucks? (thank god for The Witch Hunt XD )

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-01-28 at 08:28. Reason: For EPIC "translation" ! XD
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation