AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-08-21, 01:21   Link #2161
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

When Shunsui said Hitsugaya could possible surpass him in 100 years was he being sarcastic?
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 01:50   Link #2162
Gin
*Artist

That's how I always interpreted it. But seeing as Hitsugaya, and other characters have repeatedly stated that his powers are still immature, its possible that Shunsui was being serious. It does seem like an awfully big gap to breach though.
Old 2010-08-21, 04:21   Link #2163
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That's how I always interpreted it. But seeing as Hitsugaya, and other characters have repeatedly stated that his powers are still immature, its possible that Shunsui was being serious. It does seem like an awfully big gap to breach though.
Really sarcasm?

Byakuya 100 years ago was being teased and having Yoruchi runaway with his headband. At that time he didnt have shikai, or even have graduated from the academy. Look at him now, most versatile bankai user seen so far, a shunpo master and competant kido user etc. etc.

Hitsugaya now is already captain class, ever developing his bankai techs and hanging out with the big boys and on the frontline in missions. Amplify those abilites in 100 years....is that much of a gap?
Old 2010-08-21, 13:51   Link #2164
Gin
*Artist

why even ask the question if you're just going to question my answer?
Old 2010-08-21, 17:24   Link #2165
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
why even ask the question if you're just going to question my answer?
My bad. When I asked the question I had no fast net and couldnt go back to read the page.

Now that I did Shunsui said: "Give him a hundred years he might actually surpass me."

From that it seems he was being matter-of-fact.
Old 2010-08-22, 02:31   Link #2166
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Shunsui's a tricky dude, after his shikai I wouldn't believe a word he says :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 17:09   Link #2167
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
All the characters in Bleach speak Japanese, since it is a Japanese manga. I'm not sure if Kubo speaks English or not.
every1 in the soul socity seems to speak one language but dosent the soul socity gather all souls from around the world? surely not everybody they met there is japanise?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:02   Link #2168
Langus
Optimus Prime

This is a Japanese manga we're talking about. Just as is the case with many news broadcasts, books etc. here, there is no world that exists outside of Japan. So no, I strongly doubt anyone in SS comes from anywhere in the world except for Japan.
Old 2010-08-27, 10:41   Link #2169
JustRob

Is Grimmjow dead? Since Yammy is now the only Espada we know is alive, and Grimmjow was pretty much beaten to death by Ichigo + then stabbed in the side by Nnoitra.... Who could survive such wounds?

Aside from that, I don't see Grimmjow having a role in the story anymore. He's of no more use to Aizen, but he would never side with Ichigo either.

Last we saw, Grimmjow was lieing in a puddle of blood cursing Nnoitra. From where the story has gone, Neliel and Kenpachi should be with him. But personally I think Grimmjow died offscreen.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:32   Link #2170
Alchemist007
*Author

Only definite answers can be given to questions, and thus the one to that question is: Nobody knows (possibly not even Kubo).
Old 2010-08-27, 13:26   Link #2171
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Ha Ha...
This raises another question Where is Yachiru, AND Nel?
Last time Nel went flying somewhere and that was the last of her I remember seeing.... Yachiru I really don't remember what happened to her after the battle with Nnoitra... Kenpachi is now fighting Yammy and she is ALWAYS with him.... now she just disappeared
It would be nice to know what happened to Nel and what kind of power Yachiru has.... *Sigh*
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 14:39   Link #2172
JustRob

Well, I sort of feel bad about Nel because all this time she was so thankful to Ichigo for watching over her, and now he just left her on her own while flying off to get Inoue. It seems he forgot all about her.

I was also hoping to see some sort of confrontation between Nel and Aizen, since former Espada an all, but looks like it ain't happening.
Old 2010-08-27, 15:09   Link #2173
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

It would be nice to actually Know what happens to some characters instead of letting the readers guess and never know what happened to them.....

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-27 at 15:21.
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:11   Link #2174
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Is Grimmjow dead? Since Yammy is now the only Espada we know is alive, and Grimmjow was pretty much beaten to death by Ichigo + then stabbed in the side by Nnoitra.... Who could survive such wounds?
Who could survive having your body cut so only your spine is holding it together?

Exactly...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 15:20   Link #2175
JustRob

I know, but since he was never officially confirmed "dead" I was just wondering.
Old 2010-08-27, 15:24   Link #2176
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My rule is anyone who's is not absoutely dead is still alive.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 01:44   Link #2177
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

this is in relation to what aizen said about his Kyōka Suigetsu's ability only affecting those who can see.

well, assuming you need eyes to see, how come baraggan was affected, even though he's a skeleton (with no eyes, just eye holes)?

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 09:56   Link #2178
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Okay wanted to know:

Could Yoruichi have defeated Byakuya in her current state on the bridge all the way back in the SS arc?
Old 2010-09-05, 10:18   Link #2179
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Okay wanted to know:

Could Yoruichi have defeated Byakuya in her current state on the bridge all the way back in the SS arc?
Maybe, but not without causing huge injury to Rukia, Ganju, Ichigo and (if using the element of surprise) Ukitake - she'd turned up to stop Ichigo from getting killed, and if the damage to the landscape after her battle with Soifon is to be used as a marker, a fight with Byakuya wouldn't have gone well for those being held up only by a thin-ish bridge
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 10:38   Link #2180
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Maybe, but not without causing huge injury to Rukia, Ganju, Ichigo and (if using the element of surprise) Ukitake - she'd turned up to stop Ichigo from getting killed, and if the damage to the landscape after her battle with Soifon is to be used as a marker, a fight with Byakuya wouldn't have gone well for those being held up only by a thin-ish bridge
hmm...okay so in the very least it would be a tough fight...

I was thinking if she did have the power to take out Byakuya relatively cleanly, she could have done that, and have Ichigo rescue Rukia and the others while Ukitake would have probably let them go...as they were protecting his subordinates, which he went up there to do anyway.

But since Yoruichi was a cat for 100 years, I would imagine it would have been a tough fight...and could mean why she didnt fight Byakuya directly...

Tags
q&a