AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 08:05   Link #4381
fukarming

Spoiler for spoiler manga:

Spoiler for respond to spoiler:

Also I don't understand why Shido would be arrested if Rei's dad succeed in whatever he is doing? For flunking the grade of a student? I don't know the education system in Japan, but if Shido simply change the grade of an exam with definite answers (like MC) Rei can simply request a regrade or something like that. So for Shido to pull it out it must be essay exam. If it is essay exam then Shido cannot be faulted as he can always claim he truly believe Rei deserve to fail (even that is not true) kinda like the Gymnastics/diving during Olympics. Unless you have concrete proof that the judge accept favors, you cannot proof the judge wrong no matter how unnatural the score seems to be. If it is a MC exam and Shido change the answer sheet altogether, then Rei would have no proof on that either.

And to me, Takagi's dad chase Shido away simply because he hated Shido's dad. It is obvious that Takagi's faction is on the opposite side of Shido's father faction.

As the anime coming to a close (is it 12 or 13 episode?), it seems it will be my last time to see Shido. Man I hope they create a side story called Shido's counterattack. Shido is pissed at the main characters and I hope he had his revenge.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 08:30   Link #4382
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Currently they have a Soyuz module to serve as life boat, while that thing CAN do re-entry without steering you'll probably land in the sea which would screw you over just as much.

X-38 which was supposed to be the real life boat got cancelled.
Well either way they'd probably be screwed. I mean they'd have to get real lucky (assuming they had something that could land on the ground) to avoid zombies to begin with. Now their options are dying at sea (maybe they find an island in time) or dying in space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

Also I don't understand why Shido would be arrested if Rei's dad succeed in whatever he is doing? For flunking the grade of a student? I don't know the education system in Japan, but if Shido simply change the grade of an exam with definite answers (like MC) Rei can simply request a regrade or something like that. So for Shido to pull it out it must be essay exam. If it is essay exam then Shido cannot be faulted as he can always claim he truly believe Rei deserve to fail (even that is not true) kinda like the Gymnastics/diving during Olympics. Unless you have concrete proof that the judge accept favors, you cannot proof the judge wrong no matter how unnatural the score seems to be. If it is a MC exam and Shido change the answer sheet altogether, then Rei would have no proof on that either.

And to me, Takagi's dad chase Shido away simply because he hated Shido's dad. It is obvious that Takagi's faction is on the opposite side of Shido's father faction.

As the anime coming to a close (is it 12 or 13 episode?), it seems it will be my last time to see Shido. Man I hope they create a side story called Shido's counterattack. Shido is pissed at the main characters and I hope he had his revenge.
I think the reason for rejecting Shido is pretty obvious. With seeing those kids I certainly wouldn't want some crazy cult being brought into my area. He's already got enough control issues which is obvious. The last thing he needs is someone like Shido creating chaos and making the situation harder to control.

Apparently Rei was a pretty good student so it'd be pretty tough to get her to be held back from an essay exam. Seems more likely he'd have to forcefully change a lot of grades to get her held back. I think Rei's father was planning more to tie Shido to his father with charges of conspiracy.

I hope they show an episode of Shido's world crashing around him and him getting killed off by zombies. Unlikely he's going to last long with a crazed group of students that can't fight. Love to see him try to chat to the zombies and see how that goes .
Old 2010-09-14, 12:07   Link #4383
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Spoiler:

As it's been said, Shido is apparently very narcissistic, he wanted to bring down his father himself. As to what was also explained by a previous poster, Japan's education system is taken very seriously, being held back a grade will do serious damage to your credentials and can be held against you by the university you wanted to go to. Shido's father is apparently a pretty powerful man if he's able to pull of what he did, without some sort of investigation going on involving Rei being held back.

Saya's dad isn't a moron, he knew Shido was tainted and Rei just reaffirmed that for him.

For why the student was thrown off the bus, read chapter 12, it's not that far from the beginning. It doesn't matter if it's a zombie apocalypse, unlike the rest of those tools on the bus (lesbians, school slut and school bully), it's normal to want to know if your family is okay, which has also been the goal for the main cast.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 13:48   Link #4384
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
[/spoiler]

As it's been said, Shido is apparently very narcissistic, he wanted to bring down his father himself. As to what was also explained by a previous poster, Japan's education system is taken very seriously, being held back a grade will do serious damage to your credentials and can be held against you by the university you wanted to go to. Shido's father is apparently a pretty powerful man if he's able to pull of what he did, without some sort of investigation going on involving Rei being held back.

Saya's dad isn't a moron, he knew Shido was tainted and Rei just reaffirmed that for him.

For why the student was thrown off the bus, read chapter 12, it's not that far from the beginning. It doesn't matter if it's a zombie apocalypse, unlike the rest of those tools on the bus (lesbians, school slut and school bully), it's normal to want to know if your family is okay, which has also been the goal for the main cast.
We still don't know the full details of why he changed Rei's grades. He could have been coerced into it, as in... forced.

In the flashback we learn that he hates his father. He sought an honorable profession as a teacher. He seems like he wanted to be a good person.

There is probably a twist to the story...

1) His father gave him the option of setting her back a grade or having her killed.
2) His father told him it was him or her. His entire career and life's work or one year for Rei.

At one time Rei and Shido could have been close. Was probably a mentor, brother figure. This may be why she is so furious. The betrayal....
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 14:04   Link #4385
Dahak86
Classics never age

ok guys, some gifs from ep11 =>
here's a better stitch for Saeko =>
Spoiler for Saeko awesomeness:
here's some other very important pics from ep11 =>
Spoiler for pics:
well, nothing much to say about the ep, it was good; just, I thought the thing between Rei and Shido was rape... oh well... nevermind. mmh, Shido's past didn't impress me much, and lol'd at "he's not even worth my time" hahaha.. well said, Rei!

next: Armageddon?!
Old 2010-09-14, 14:50   Link #4386
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
It's really the budget cuts that screwed them, I remember that the original plans called for emergency return vehicles.
I believe they keep a Russian Soyuz module up there to serve as a rescue craft so they could attempt a re-entry... Of course doing so when nukes are flying around and zombies are rampaging wouldn't be the smartest of ideas.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:53   Link #4387
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
We still don't know the full details of why he changed Rei's grades. He could have been coerced into it, as in... forced.

In the flashback we learn that he hates his father. He sought an honorable profession as a teacher. He seems like he wanted to be a good person.

1) His father gave him the option of setting her back a grade or having her killed.
2) His father told him it was him or her. His entire career and life's work or one year for Rei.

At one time Rei and Shido could have been close. Was probably a mentor, brother figure. This may be why she is so furious. The betrayal....
I don't know about them being close, Shido did drop the line basically saying he treated her no different than any other girl in the school and had nothing against her, if they were close, he wouldn't of done something that would permanently damage her school credentials. I believe Rei was just a casualty of "business," Shido's dad needed a way to get her father off his back before he found out where the money was coming from that was supporting his campaign. Shido wanted to be the one to bring down his father and destroy his family name and nobody else, of course that's not really the case anymore due to the zombie apocalypse
Old 2010-09-14, 15:00   Link #4388
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Shidou resent his father deeply for favoring his second son over him. The reason why he obeyed his father is likely because he wanted to show his father that he is The Son that his dad should have favored (even tho for his father, Shidou is just the son of that loser of a mother who let herself destroyed by alcohol). Rei and her father were just insects that had to be crushed to further whatever plans he had at that time.

Quote:
It is nothing about betrayal. To Rei, what Shidou have done happened for NO reason at all, it was arbitrary, petty, heinous, in a society where repeating a grade can definitely lock down a lot of choices of careers.

Spoiler for about the kid and the bus:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:05   Link #4389
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Yo have you not been watching this show?

The goal of the main cast is to find their family. Heck, they are getting ready to leave the mansion which right now seems to be the safest to find them.

Any respectable or responsible leader would've made him understand or at least let him somewhere off safe to make him realize his errors.

That or if it was me I'd beat him senseless until we got to a safer location. I mean Takashi does the same to the group though by grabbing and lifting them into the air.

Quote:
Rei was simply a casualty in this. Though I am not familiar with Japan's education system but I do know in the west where we tend to be more lax we have several teachers that would mark scores on major exams. In fact, it's not that easy to tell a student they have to repeat a grade let alone even make them, it in fact looks bad on the teacher and I would think that an Asian system which is more strict would be similar.

Unless Shido was her teacher in every subject or had some power over the other teachers, it is almost impossible to force them to repeat a grade without having to go through the other teachers, principle, and adminstration. I'm also guessing Rei was an honors student. So obviously flunking her in one subject to hold her back would've raised questions.

If a student has good marks in a subject but all of a sudden fails the final exam, everyone is going to know about and ask about it as well as to the point of even auditing it. Students can even argue to have the test re-marked and it would be a different teacher.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 16:38   Link #4390
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Shido's personality doesn't make sense.
Old 2010-09-14, 16:41   Link #4391
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Shido's personality doesn't make sense.
Yeah.. I mean when Rei put the gun down and decided not to kill him, he was all pissed-off and angry (Does he want to die or something? If he did, he would have just ran up to the zombies and say "eat me!")

Or was it because he felt pathetic after hearing Rei say "He is not worth it"?
Old 2010-09-14, 16:41   Link #4392
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You're right, holding Rei back would have raised questions but Shidou's father, for lack of a better way to describe his position of power, is 'on the school's board of directors'. Any inquiry would have been shot down and smothered - similar to what happens when there's an internal investigation and to keep the situation 'under control', it is swept under the rug.

So basically, her records show that she has been held back a year for a non-medical reason aka failing. The colleges will look at that and say 'pft, whatever' and leave her high and dry. She'll have to work extra hard to overcome this blemish on her life, all because of her father's work. She seemed more upset that her father actually broke down and cried in front of her than her actually being held back. That and the fact that she'd been wronged by a bad person as well also offended her sense of justice (she IS a cop's daughter after all). Circumstances are just that - circumstances. It's not like Shidou tried to explain why he did held her back - it's not like he asked Rei's father for help on getting dirt on his father - he just didn't care how he got the dirt, he'd dig anywhere to get it.

As for Shidou being all miffed about not getting speared, he's got a big ego - he wants to be acknowledged somehow, even if he does something 'bad'. He wanted to 'break' her in front of everyone, pushing her moral dilemma to the breaking point to where she would just stop and cry.
Old 2010-09-14, 17:25   Link #4393
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

As I understood it (and maybe I just got it all wrong!) his father is a complete utter failure as a father and husband, and his mother committed suicide because of him. In the end he more or less ran away somehow and became a teacher leaving that life behind. But, apparently after going though all that shit he's more then happy to make someone else's life complete crap; and supposedly becomes a complete ass afterwords too. What's with this 180 turn? Would it not make more sense for him to actually help the cop after hearing that?

That's what I don't get. Normally when you have a problem afterward you sympathize with people who have that problem. By no means do you want to cause the problem yourself; and this has nothing to do with anime. I don't know, either his character is just broken from a plot perspective or he's suppose to be a complete nutcase retard stereotype (along with the rest of the orgy bus). A fear we'll see him for a long time, as it seems their purpose is to break the ice every time the plot needs to make sharp turns (misdirection ftw, lol).
Old 2010-09-14, 18:49   Link #4394
Simonsy

btw is there a site that show upcoming dvd releases or blu ray whatever to say.

you know like i'm curious on when this, sekirei, asobi, strike witches, ect onto other shows that are censored on tv end up coming out on dvd.

i know how to see when new series are airing, but can't seem to find a place to see blu ray release schedule
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 19:27   Link #4395
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
As I understood it (and maybe I just got it all wrong!) his father is a complete utter failure as a father and husband, and his mother committed suicide because of him. In the end he more or less ran away somehow and became a teacher leaving that life behind. But, apparently after going though all that shit he's more then happy to make someone else's life complete crap; and supposedly becomes a complete ass afterwords too. What's with this 180 turn? Would it not make more sense for him to actually help the cop after hearing that?

That's what I don't get. Normally when you have a problem afterward you sympathize with people who have that problem. By no means do you want to cause the problem yourself; and this has nothing to do with anime. I don't know, either his character is just broken from a plot perspective or he's suppose to be a complete nutcase retard stereotype (along with the rest of the orgy bus). A fear we'll see him for a long time, as it seems their purpose is to break the ice every time the plot needs to make sharp turns (misdirection ftw, lol).
Shido didn't run away, he still wanted to prove to his father that he was worth something, he went to the school he recommended and was also in charge of. When his father revealed to him that his brother would be the one to succeed him, that's what sent Shido into whatever personal hell he's in. Despite that, he continued working for his father, while plotting against him at the same time.

I agree at this point Shido's character appears broken from a plot perspective even with his background revealed, because their's not a reason present to explain his ego tripping narcissism. As for the rest of the bang bus crew, I didn't expect nothing from them, one of them is a bully, another is a slut, and the other two are naive fangirls. They were easy for him to manipulate. I can't help but feel bad for the one kid who got thrown off the bus, if he realized sooner, he could still be alive because he would of left with the rest of the main cast.
Old 2010-09-14, 19:42   Link #4396
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Shido didn't run away, he still wanted to prove to his father that he was worth something, he went to the school he recommended and was also in charge of. When his father revealed to him that his brother would be the one to succeed him, that's what sent Shido into whatever personal hell he's in. Despite that, he continued working for his father, while plotting against him at the same time.

I agree at this point Shido's character appears broken from a plot perspective even with his background revealed, because their's not a reason present to explain his ego tripping narcissism. As for the rest of the bang bus crew, I didn't expect nothing from them, one of them is a bully, another is a slut, and the other two are naive fangirls. They were easy for him to manipulate. I can't help but feel bad for the one kid who got thrown off the bus, if he realized sooner, he could still be alive because he would of left with the rest of the main cast.
If the boy knew about the noise thing he could have just walked away in the rain

Shido development doesn't really do shit. He is a dick with or without his father's influence.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 19:48   Link #4397
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
I can't help but feel bad for the one kid who got thrown off the bus, if he realized sooner, he could still be alive because he would of left with the rest of the main cast.
But then Shidou would seem slightly nicer than he is, which we can't have, and we would have one more guy, which we DEFINITELY can't have. Either way, he's doomed
Old 2010-09-14, 20:06   Link #4398
Mute
エアコンを止めろ!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Mute
Alright I have a question for all of you.

Did Saeko and Takashi do the dirty in the shrine?
Mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:07   Link #4399
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
But then Shidou would seem slightly nicer than he is, which we can't have, and we would have one more guy, which we DEFINITELY can't have. Either way, he's doomed
Not only that, if he'd of got off with the rest of the cast he would of more than likely been dead meat anyway as he isn't really part of the main group.

I honestly want to know how the zombies haven't realised that there's people on the bangbus, especially since the guy was banging on the door pretty loudly (which got him killed). Also, the kids of the bangbus minds have really been messed with, with Shidou. By the looks of the three couples, that guy would of had a threesome had he just kept his mouth shut.

I wonder how many people Shidou is actually willing to sacrafice for his own survival?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:08   Link #4400
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
Alright I have a question for all of you.

Did Saeko and Takashi do the dirty in the shrine?
MADHOUSE took a few liberties and implied that they did, but in the manga, it's not there at all.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse