AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-21, 00:55   Link #101
EmptySoul
C1Anime

let me explain this in the simplest way i know how.

http://www.lamune.jp/

And my job here is done.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 01:08   Link #102
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul
let me explain this in the simplest way i know how.

http://www.lamune.jp/

And my job here is done.
C is to K in English as L is to R in Japanese. You will see this mixed in many Japanese anime/manga. Typically, R is substituted with R when the names are Romanized.

There's really no "R" sound in Japanese. It's sort of an "L" sound.
That being said, Super Mario Brothers, is it Mario and Ruiji or Luigi?
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 01:29   Link #103
nite0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
There's really no "R" sound in Japanese. It's sort of an "L" sound.
You've got that backwards.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 01:29   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Correct as in Peking? or Beijing?

And the "sort of an L/R" sound has a bit of "D" in it due to the tongue placement.
Its easier to demonstrate than to explain.

<sigh> going into Lamune withdrawal/shakes .... hope the team can get their steam engines re-ignited.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-21 at 01:50.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:41   Link #105
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Bumping this in anticipation of discussion starting after 9 was finally released by C1 (according to their forum the translator was out for a long while, but now all episodes are translated and should be out relatively quickly).

For me, 09 was the point when this went from being a pretty good show, to a darn great one. And I'm interested to see what other people think.
Old 2006-03-26, 23:33   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen all the raws and read summaries... unlike other shows we've been ranting about --- I really have no complaints about this show. Hoping REC finishes out likewise.
Old 2006-03-26, 23:58   Link #107
h2o2shadow
[AR]

Here is something i want to note out

Spoiler:

XD
h2o2shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 01:12   Link #108
brightredglow

Thank you C1!!

I've been patiently waiting for them to start up with Lamune again, but it is understandable with RL and other stuff so I'm definitely not complaining. I'm grateful for whatever I can get of this series.

I think I may be one of the few who liked Lamune from the start for its lack of melodrama and its easy going pace. I also like that I never felt like my chain was being jerked. It is clear that Ken and Nanami are the main couple and the story is really about them coming to terms with their feelings. Maybe it is me, but I find that certainty refreshing.

Ep 9 was wonderful, especially those last 5 minutes.

Since I've heard that the last 3 episodes are very good, I am looking forward to them.
brightredglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 01:34   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah... after so many series that basically trainwrecked from less than competent writing in setting up the climax... Lamune is kind of cherished in my book.

There is a climax to Lamune but it works in a way that fits and respects the characters.
Old 2006-03-27, 01:35   Link #110
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightredglow
I think I may be one of the few who liked Lamune from the start for its lack of melodrama and its easy going pace. I also like that I never felt like my chain was being jerked. It is clear that Ken and Nanami are the main couple and the story is really about them coming to terms with their feelings. Maybe it is me, but I find that certainty refreshing.
Nah, it's definitely not just you. This is a gem that a lot of people overlook, and is a top priority to watch whenever I get my hands on the fansubs or DVDs. There definitely is something refreshing about the story and the way it's told that's just hard to describe, but I like it a lot. Plus, I have to admit that I don't mind the fact the low-key nature of the show's early episodes means that the fanbase here tends to be a bit older and a bit less noisy.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 01:42   Link #111
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
It's not just you.
I love the fact that it's an ero-game conversion that doesn't go very emo-angst (not that there's anything wrong with emo-angst necessarily, but it's definitely refreshing to skip it sometimes) and instead shoots for slice-of-life.
Old 2006-03-27, 09:26   Link #112
Furudanuki

Quote:
Again, you are certainly not alone in that regard. I've loved Lamune since the first episode, and have highly recommended the show to people who are looking for an anime with a relaxed pace and thoughtfully explored characters. There are some episodes that stand out for me - 5, 6, and 8 especially - but I have yet to be disappointed by a single one of them. Of course, I am also one of those "a bit older" folks that relentlessflame referred to in his last post, so he may well be right about the show's demographics. And I'll also echo the kudos to C1 for subbing this show! I'm really happy that episode 9 became available right now because Lamune has always been my "calm down" anime that I turn to after watching something stressful. And judging from the big change in the post count since yesterday for the thread of another series I'm following, I have a sinking feeling that series has just jumped the tracks in a bad way.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 10:36   Link #113
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Again, you are certainly not alone in that regard. I've loved Lamune since the first episode, and have highly recommended the show to people who are looking for an anime with a relaxed pace and thoughtfully explored characters. There are some episodes that stand out for me - 5, 6, and 8 especially - but I have yet to be disappointed by a single one of them. Of course, I am also one of those "a bit older" folks that relentlessflame referred to in his last post, so he may well be right about the show's demographics. And I'll also echo the kudos to C1 for subbing this show! I'm really happy that episode 9 became available right now because Lamune has always been my "calm down" anime that I turn to after watching something stressful. And judging from the big change in the post count since yesterday for the thread of another series I'm following, I have a sinking feeling that series has just jumped the tracks in a bad way.
Nah, you want to see shark-jumping, you should watch Mai Otome.
Old 2006-03-27, 10:46   Link #114
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Gotta say I really enjoyed this as well, and I'm gonna watch the subbed versions now.

Nice that they're back working on it.
Old 2006-03-27, 12:31   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Now that I've seen 9 'nonraw' ... I *really* like this show.

Two sixpacks of Lamune in the fridge (they had a sale..... I'm a sucker).
Old 2006-03-27, 14:49   Link #116
Zappster

Quote:
T

Repeating for the nth time already but yeah, it's not just you. I don't fall into the older demographic(I am just 21) although that maybe relatively old compared to some others on the forums I've enjoyed the show from the beginning mainly because of the interactions between the main characters and the slow paced nature of the show(which makes it a perfect watch for when I just want to relax and unwind I guess, see also Aria for another anime that's good for this purpose). Although for my part there's definitely a greater emphasis on the former.

I've only seen up to episode 6 since I want to watch the latter half of the show in one go when the subs are out, but for those few episodes it's been the interactions/interplay between Ken and Nanami that I've really loved. It's one of the things that I look for in a romantic anime between main couples at least, how well they work off each other, how they are in each other's company and how they deal with certain situations. I'm not that experienced with anime(It'll be about a year to the day that I properly got into it and found my way here) but for my money I don't think anyone comes close in that regards to Ken and Nanami. I suppose to now that I've seen it, the closest would be Kaoru and Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi(feel free to disagree with me).

I'd like to thank C1 for picking up and subbing this show. Thanks a lot guys, really appreciated on my part.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 20:14   Link #117
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 09 really upset me, right from the start as you see chibi Sakura hugging the bottle, seriously some amazing stuff.

Imo, Sakura shouldn't be allowed to leave the series like that.. its just not right at all.. she loves Ken so much. ;_;
Old 2006-04-08, 00:25   Link #118
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just a little bump to present this entry from the "Things I wasn't expecting to be included with Lamune DVD 3" file...

Spoiler for Lamune DVD 3 postcard (NSFW?):
Um, yeah... hello...

For the sake of completeness, here are the other postcards released so far
Spoiler for Other postcards so far...:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 07:19   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think i might have to order the DVD's now.. >_>
Old 2006-04-08, 07:33   Link #120
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Just a little bump to present this entry from the "Things I wasn't expecting to be included with Lamune DVD 3" file...

Spoiler for Lamune DVD 3 postcard (NSFW?):
Um,
[/spoiler]
Nose bleed attack!!!
now im wondering what will we get if play the game

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation