AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-03-09, 04:32   Link #361
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

playing those games requires a simple yet hard thing understanding Japanese if there are no English versions out there and simple curiosity are there other people that don't like censorship ?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 04:35   Link #362
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkandSpoon
I actually found a nice proggie that searches online for any kanji you find in a game http://www.animeye.it/henteye/Giochi/jap2eng/othE.shtml
It saved me. :P

For those that are wondering. She said that moss grows to the south on tree's. So following the directions of the tree's I finally managed to get out of that stinking maze.

thanks for sharing that link
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 10:00   Link #363
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
playing those games requires a simple yet hard thing understanding Japanese if there are no English versions out there and simple curiosity are there other people that don't like censorship ?
You know, I suspect most non-Japanese reading people fast forward to the H-scenes and leave it at that...

I tend to listen to the voiced characters and try and understand what's going on from that. Then again, playing eroge is the sole reason I learn so much kanji, simply because I can hear how it's spoken.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 23:49   Link #364
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

Well, I'm playing these at the moment:

AIR
Kanon
Ramune
Little My Maid
True Love

and a few others.. I'm not too fluent in Japanese but I can at least play these games..
Cloudkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 00:42   Link #365
Aru
dead

To Heart 2

Last edited by Aru; 2006-03-11 at 00:51. Reason: ...
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 07:59   Link #366
Manowar

Muv Luv Alternative
Crescendo
Kana Imoto
Brave Soul
Tsukihime
Kimi Ga
Manowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:30   Link #367
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Bringing this topic back from the dead...

Haven't had any time before to purchase me some Ero-games but I've finally got me more Ero-games to play. Instead of buying Refrain blue like I had planned I had gotten me EL instead because it was cheaper even if it was only by a couple of bucks. EL one of Elf's older remakes, although surprisengly short and extremely linear(Only one person was winnable) was decent, the plot twist was very unexpected. Too bad my somewhat limited Japanese couldn't completely comprehend what it was to the fullest. It's not worthy enough to be one of my favorites but it was still a fun game none the less.

After buying Refrain Blue, I'm deciding if I want to buy Elf all stars Datsuijan 3 but the insane price for it even if it is an Ero-game(An Ero-mahjong game to be precise.) is holding me back. I dunno if I want to spend so much money on a Mahjong game.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:01   Link #368
ayyo

Than don't buy it yet and wait for price to drop a litte, like any other game. Simple no?

Anyway, my current favorite adv atm is Tsuyokisu,

And for when I don't feel like playing an adv, Eiyuu X Maou

^ Why can't they freaking voice the damn 'hero', specifically in this game when they voiced Soldier G and Child D and even voiced 'Roel-sama', which made that whole event 1000x awesomer, but can't voice the main. WTH. I want a headcount of how many people actually follow through the whole theory of voicing the hero themselves in their mind, when they go and give his past self a kick ass voice.

Anyway, </rant>, looks like plenty of stuff coming at end of April to hold off until DCII and Summer Days, like Nekonekosoft's, and Shana and SOS-dan's illustator's.

Ohohoho, where have my time gone.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 22:15   Link #369
arias

Guys, how do I set up my system such that it can read the Japanese characters while playing the game? I'm trying to play Tsuyokiss, but all it shows are those weird symbols. I figure that if I listen to the voices and read the characters often enough, I'll at least pick up some basic Japanese along the way...
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 02:02   Link #370
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Check out this site and you will find your answer:
http://home.comcast.net/~kagamix2/xp...e_setting.html
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 20:24   Link #371
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Games I'm currently working through:
Scarlett (Nekoneko Soft)

The game is really different from your typical bishojo game because the setting is huge: all over the world. So rather than having the entire game confined to some generic Japanese town/city (or worse yet, some generic school) with a splatter of characters, you get to go all over the world and meet all sort of people from different countries. The first eroge to have a hollywood action thriller feel to it? Certainly, it's refreshing to see a game with such a large world view and such a diverse cast. It's not very often you get to see visual novels like these, so this one is a joy to play through. (Amelia is cute, go super dojikko~ (taking a bath in the sink was brilliant ), but then again, so is Kurou ^^; )

Besides that, I'm just sad to see that this is actually Nekoneko Soft's last game. Kataoka Tomo-san is a great scenario writer, and I hope I can see his stories again in the future.

true tears (Lacryma)

Now then, now then, the art by Izumi Rei-sensei was the main reason why I bought this game. Even if the game sucked, at least I got to support her. ^^;

Well, how was it?

...Just to say this first, I haven't finished the game yet (not even close). In any case, I went down Rui's route first...

......Hmm, lukewarm, this story is. I can feel the character and the story, but it required an effort on my part. The game's schedule system really made the story feel broken up into mini-episodes rather than one big story. As a result, sometime it felt unnatural for a serious event to "suddenly occur". I loved the art, the musics and voice were all nice as well, and even the story concepts were excellent. But the way it was presented really weakened the impact quite a bit.

Key games like AIR and CLANNAD were much more "cryable" because their stories fully immerses you, and then hit you hard with a tear-jerker after you became fully absorbed in the story. On the other hand, true tears is meant to be a tear-jerker to begin with (hence the title), but the "immersion" aspect could've been done better: you can't cry for the characters if you can't feel for them.

Really, the game is great in all departments, the art, music, acting, story are all excellent. But the execution is just unexciting.

Well, I'm not done with the game yet, so maybe it's a little early for me to say all this, somebody give me the ability to stop time so I can finish it. m(_ _)m

Upcoming games I'm looking forward to:
H2O (Makura)

Makura's debut game.

I was drawn to this game by the super fine art and the interesting story premise: the main character is a blind young man who moved to the countryside to live with his uncle due to his father having issues with work. Also, the game is split into 2 major sections: Meeting and Reunion. During the first part of the game, the story focuses on how Takuma got to meet the main heroines and how he became involved with them. After the 1st portion ends, the game enters the 2nd portion, which portrays the reunion between Takuma and the girls after a few years of seperation. By this point, we can see how each girl has grown throughout the years (both physically and mentally), and we can watch how our main characters finally complete their unfinished stories. There's also a 3rd portion of the game that portrays the life of Takuma with the selected heroine after they finally get together in the 2nd portion of the game.

What can I say? Sometimes, a game just clicks with you, and H2O is one for me. I watched the demo movie (which you can download from the official site linked above), and I loved it. I actually bought the July PUSH magazine just for find out more about it and play the trial version...

And after finishing the trial version, I can say this game is a winner for me. The art quality is incredibly high, the characters are all very nicely presented (a little bit on the stereotypical side, but it's obvious they were aiming for that childish naive feel (because there's a hidden side to that)). On top of that, I absolutely love the main character, Takuma! I have never seen such a funny blind guy before. ^^; The serious portions of the story, particularly about Takuma and his blindness, as well as Hayami being bullied at school, were really absorbing, I find myself wanting to know more and more about the story and where it's going... A sign of a good novel!

And the deformed character art used during comedy moments are so cute~! (>ヮ<)

Summer Days (0verflow)

I don't think anyone who has played School Days would NOT buy this game. ^^; Especially for Setsuna-lovers like me. (>ヮ<)

For what it's worth, I played the trial version (first chapter of the story). The animation is still choppy in places, just like the previous game. But if you think of this as an "animated visual novel" rather than a full-fledged animation, then it becomes much more forgivable.

Anyway, since the chapter was played out from Setsuna's viewpoint, I was a little surprised to see a selection point when Makoto showed up. Then again, only a hetare (loser) like Makoto is capable of even THINKING of calling his little sister Itaru "my girlfriend". ^^; (I chose "my treasure". And surprisingly, Makoto is actually capable of being gentle and sweet. ^^; Must be a fluke)

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-07-27 at 19:24.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 23:01   Link #372
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I was finally able to get my hands on Alcot's latest game, Triptych~ *yay!* I've waited so long for this game since Clover Hearts~

Maya has already stolen my heart <3
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 10:45   Link #373
martino
makes no files now

Is there a good website, or even a blog where translated(even by fans) bishoujo games are listed or something like a news site(in english)?

I have played a few games(Kana, Crescendo, Figures of Happiness - I really like Bishoujo games with a good story), but it's really had to keep track if there are any new ones going to be translated or released in english.

And are any of these "game translators" really good? I mean do they actually work(I'm not expecting a full blown translation)?

Last edited by martino; 2006-06-07 at 10:57.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 11:15   Link #374
DaFool
Resident devil

forums.haeleth.net

Sorry for the quick reply...too quick lol.

-------------

Okay, expanding a bit...

I can't comment on the 'professional' translators who work in the industry, as they tend to be like the ones in manga or anime...work for hire, some go overboard in Japanese-ness while others are ok with keeping the translations basic.

Of the fan translators I only know of the insani people (gp32 and Peter Jolly). One being a medical doctor in training and another being an Englishman like you, no doubt I regard them with high respect.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 13:31   Link #375
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I'd use http://forums.haeleth.net/ as a forum in which to discuss this, http://www.shii.org/translate/ as a general database to check up on which games have translations and http://www.visualnews.net/ for your latest news (may be more oriented towards fan translations but occasionally do post information on commercial translations from companies like Hirameki).

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
And are any of these "game translators" really good? I mean do they actually work(I'm not expecting a full blown translation)?
If you mean something like AGTH hooked up to a machine translation, it would probably get some of the simple, straightforward sentences right, but would probably barf on slang, characterization, nuance, subtlety, etc. So essentially, you'll have a murky understanding of what's going on, but any finesse in the writing or any subtleties will be lost. In essence, take a poorly(inaccurately) translated fansub, and sprinkle in grammar and flow problems ^_^;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 14:52   Link #376
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
When I played the trial version from Dengeki Hime's demo disk, I liked it (the art and music). But once I saw Nanami's interview, I was forced to rush to the nearest online store and preorder the game. Mao-shama~ killed me.
Hmmm. Boy Meets Girl feels a little lackluster to me, or maybe it's just cause I haven't gotten that far into the game yet. Nice little scenes like,

Spoiler for game:

Mao's really lovable though. I don't think I've ever seen any game character talk that fast before.

I like "Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo" and "Princess Serenade" Better, at the moment.

Kono Aozora has the best student council pres character ever!!

EDIT: About H2O: The main character is blind? Hmmmm, but you can still see what's going on. I assume it's not entirely from the main character's point of view or something? Either way, this game sounds really interesting.
Old 2006-06-07, 15:54   Link #377
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
If you mean something like AGTH hooked up to a machine translation, it would probably get some of the simple, straightforward sentences right, but would probably barf on slang, characterization, nuance, subtlety, etc. So essentially, you'll have a murky understanding of what's going on, but any finesse in the writing or any subtleties will be lost. In essence, take a poorly(inaccurately) translated fansub, and sprinkle in grammar and flow problems ^_^;
Just as I expected. And even worse, because the main reason why I would be playing these games would be for the story...such a pity
Old 2006-06-07, 21:59   Link #378
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I updated my last post with some screenies. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
About H2O: The main character is blind? Hmmmm, but you can still see what's going on. I assume it's not entirely from the main character's point of view or something? Either way, this game sounds really interesting.
Takuma is completely blind. He can "imagine" what the world looks like, and that's the image we see on the screen.

For example, when he "imagined" what Hinata looked like in the beginning, she looked like this:

But when he got to touch her head and felt the plastic headband on her head, his "image" of her changed accordingly:

However, Takuma cannot imagine the colors (which is a big theme of the game, Takuma "losing his colors") (If you had "blindness effect" turned on, that is. If you don't want to play the game in "Takuma-vision", you can turn the blindness effect off in config).

Example:
Blindness Effect On

Blindness Effect Off

Either way, you'll see something (it wouldn't be very fun if the entire game was played against a blank screen ^^; ).

---
The game is really great though, both Hayami and Takuma are "wounded" people themselves (Takuma losing his sight and colors, and Hayami losing her faith in people). When Hayami licked Takuma's wounds that he got because he protected her from the bullies, it really felt like these two were meant to survive together by "licking each other's wounds". Kinda bittersweet.

Can't wait for it to be released on 6/23. ^^
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:02   Link #379
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Did you get my pm?
Old 2006-06-07, 22:15   Link #380
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Summer Days (0verflow)

I don't think anyone who has played School Days would NOT buy this game. ^^; Especially for Setsuna-lovers like me. (>ヮ<)

For what it's worth, I played the trial version (first chapter of the story). The animation is still choppy in places, just like the previous game. But if you think of this as an "animated visual novel" rather than a full-fledged animation, then it becomes much more forgivable.

Anyway, since the chapter was played out from Setsuna's viewpoint, I was a little surprised to see a selection point when Makoto showed up. Then again, only a hetare (loser) like Makoto is capable of even THINKING of calling his little sister Itaru "my girlfriend". ^^; (I chose "my treasure". And surprisingly, Makoto is actually capable of being gentle and sweet. ^^; Must be a fluke)

My hope of doing Itaru may become a reality in Summer Days. Of course, Setsuna is my main reason I'm gonna get SD Alt. <3 <3!
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel