AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-28, 02:30   Link #301
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
So Clayman outsmarted them by actually doing something instead of just setting around having meetings? The cheater!
Kinda refreshing to see an antagonist get one ahead, strategically, of the protagonist in an isekai show. Those feel few and far in-between. Too bad we all know Rimuru is gonna wipe the floor with him hahaha

And, yay, Ramiris finally gets her episode and respect (from the Dryads). Ramiris mentioning setting up her labyrinth in (under?) Tempest also sounds cool. At least the little sprite will get some much-needed protection so she can grow up properly into her full strength-- however strong she becomes.

Honestly, I wasn't too high on Ramiris in the first season, but having a loveable idiot like her is a welcome break to the monotony of the shows politicking.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 11:29   Link #302
Frontier

Veldora and Ramiris have really bonded over a shared love of manga, although while Ramiris respects him as her "master" the courtesy does not extend to Veldora caring enough about her to protect her if she needed it .

Raphael is really on the ball! Coming up with all the solutions and abilities Rimuru needs to change the odds in their favor .

Diablo has finally learned how to speak Shion's language. I have to think he realizes bickering with her won't get anywhere so he knows what to say to make her happy...that or they're both so loyal to Rimuru that they've finally realized they think alike .

Ramiris is lucky that she gets no respect but the Dryads seem to really care for her .

So Rimuru is planning to crash Walpurgis with Ranga and Shion to directly confront Clayman, which is a perfect use of his newfound Demon Lord status. He's also holding Veldora in reserve as a deterrent and backup plan, although I feel the fact that they mentioned Rimuru can just summon him is indicative that that's what's going to happen .

Oh yeah, Leon Cromwell. The Demon Lord that summoned Shizu. He might show up for this? I had almost forgotten about that sub-plot and that Rimuru promised he'd find him so he could get an answer as to why he summoned Shizu .

Milim's vassals are loyal, if passionate, and they're unfortunately stuck having to service Clayman's forces because of this new alliance that no one can quite figure out. That Yamza guy is a real piece of work .

Rimuru has evacuated all the civilians in Eurazania and now has his stylish and cooly-named army waiting to meet Clayman's forces. It's time for the battle to begin .
Old 2021-08-03, 12:08   Link #303
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It took 1 episode for them to prepare for the battle, they sure are taking their time

Other series always had a problem with cut content that doesn't fit into the planned number of anime episodes, but it looks like slime doesn't have this problem
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 14:47   Link #304
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wait, where do those ogres come from? Did they recruit them from villages other than Benimaru's?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 18:06   Link #305
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Instead of teleporting Eurazania's entire population and then building an army that he also teleported, couldn't Rimuru have teleported himself and just wipe out Clayman's army? They're 30k. He wiped an army of 20k with ease before becoming a Demon Lord. He wants to announce to the world he became a Demon Lord, what better way than that?

It feels like the author just wanted to give something to do to the other characters. I expect them to completely steamroll Clayman's army.
Old 2021-08-03, 18:09   Link #306
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wait, where do those ogres come from? Did they recruit them from villages other than Benimaru's?
No. The anime didn't explain it but those are hobgoblins who evolved into ogres.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-03, 18:10   Link #307
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Instead of teleporting Eurazania's entire population and then building an army that he also teleported, couldn't Rimuru have teleported himself and just wipe out Clayman's army? They're 30k. He wiped an army of 20k with ease before becoming a Demon Lord. He wants to announce to the world he became a Demon Lord, what better way than that?

It feels like the author just wanted to give something to do to the other characters. I expect them to completely steamroll Clayman's army.
I guess we're back at the point where the protagonists barely struggle anymore .
Old 2021-08-03, 20:41   Link #308
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there finely on the move and putting up a very nice army

That poor guy had his arm cut off just for speaking up
Old 2021-08-03, 22:45   Link #309
mickbis

Quote:

Remember... there will be 3 day before Walpurgis and Rimuru didn't want to show his hand before he manage to corner Clayman. Walpurgis is a demon lord gathering so basically he intend to do it there when all the other Demon Lord eye is on the stage
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 01:48   Link #310
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
No. The anime didn't explain it but those are hobgoblins who evolved into ogres.
Great, now digimon evolution rules apply too?
Old 2021-08-04, 05:24   Link #311
Xiyon

I enjoyed seeing the Beastmen-Tempest army. My boiz Geld and Gabiru are definitely moving up in life!

I'm excited for a War Arc. The last one with the human army ended way too quickly; hopefully the different factions and captains will have their time to shine--- even if it means delaying Rimuru's curbstomping Clayman. I just wanna see Gabiru, Geld, and Gobta get some more action XD

Raphael is even more OP than she was before. Being able to deploy a legion in a split second is waaaaay too OP, particularly when you've got a Benimaru that could go toe-to-toe with Carrion pre-Rimuru's awakening.

And if the army is in dire straits, Rimuru can just send over Veldora and/or Diablo.... yikes! In a darker anime, the Dwargon King and Elf rep will prolly start making contingencies just in case Rimuru goes off the deep end.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 06:37   Link #312
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Great, now digimon evolution rules apply too?
They always did. Though I didn't think Ogres were on the same tree as Goblins. (I should have. They are in Re:Monster.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 11:23   Link #313
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
lol I probably should delete my post from yesterday
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 10:31   Link #314
Frontier

Diablo's going to make a political coup look simple just so he can get back to Rimuru sooner .

Frey's sky people look pretty hot, with boobs and legs to die for, especially in those leotards .

Hey look, it's Milim's Slime Diaries dresses! Continuity !

So what happened to Milim? Well, it turns out she's actually friends with Frey who ended up fulfilling a promise to Clayman by putting her under mind control through a necklace. And then Clayman takes out all his frustration at her for looking down on him by beating her while she can't fight back (but before her self-defense mechanism initiated and eradicated them all). Poor Milim gets betrayed by someone she trusted and liked and is being used as a tool. Even if Rimuru frees her and she takes her revenge, it's still kind of sad .

Frey isn't about to be cowed by Clayman, she's working this deal on her own terms, although she doesn't seem too worked up about what she did to Milim either. It seems like she's playing the angles and using this to her own advantage, and she seems pretty in control of herself and what's going on .

Jun Fukuyama and Akira Ishida reunite as Leon Cromwell and Guy meet as old Demon Lord comrades...and would-be-lovers as Guy makes the move on Leon, who apparently doesn't swing that way and is all business. Shame, although now I kind of want to see Guy's female form .

Veldora has a big sister who is an Ice Dragon with her own human form? And voiced by Yuka Iguchi? And she's Guy's "partner" (possibly in more ways than one)? I didn't see that coming. Although she's not going to be joining in on Walpurgis, so I wonder when she and her brother might be reunited...and what her dragon form looks like .

Guy and Leon make their own plans for Walpurgis and discuss all the machinations going on, and keep coming to Rimuru as a point of interest. Leon has no idea that Rimuru is also interested in him through their shared connection to Shizu, nor that Rimuru is going to want some answers for what Leon has been up to .

Leon wanted the kids to? As part of more injecting spirits? Jeez, thank goodness Rimuru saved them before they were forced to endure what Shizu did .
Old 2021-08-10, 18:11   Link #315
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We know Clayman is a scrub on the Demon Lord scale, and he is apparently also pretty dumb. He's not only manipulated by Yuuki, he also fell for every single one of Rimuru's lies and doesn't have a single clue how hard he's about to be raped. I'm doubting his ability to cast a spell that can make Milim his slave. It probably worked for a while (no way she would let him beat her up) but she's probably broken out of it and is just faking it for fun now. Laplace implied as much.

Guy and Leon seem a lot smarter, Leon in particular. He doubted all the misinformation Rimuru spread and made some good speculations. The only thing everyone has fallen for is Veldora being weakened.
Old 2021-08-10, 18:50   Link #316
Frontier

Quote:
We know Clayman is a scrub on the Demon Lord scale, and he is apparently also pretty dumb. He's not only manipulated by Yuuki, he also fell for every single one of Rimuru's lies and doesn't have a single clue how hard he's about to be raped. I'm doubting his ability to cast a spell that can make Milim his slave. It probably worked for a while (no way she would let him beat her up) but she's probably broken out of it and is just faking it for fun now. Laplace implied as much.

Guy and Leon seem a lot smarter, Leon in particular. He doubted all the misinformation Rimuru spread and made some good speculations. The only thing everyone has fallen for is Veldora being weakened.
Even Frey, who is ostensibly his "partner," doesn't seem to take him seriously and fully expects this to blow up in his face .
Old 2021-08-10, 19:24   Link #317
Chosen_Hero

Do characters really need to praise Rimuru for every little thing he does no matter howany times he does it?

"Oh great Rimuru, well done on breathing, your technique is most amazing."

"Yeah, the way you just exists is marvelous, well done Rimuru-sama."

Old 2021-08-10, 19:35   Link #318
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Do characters really need to praise Rimuru for every little thing he does no matter howany times he does it?

"Oh great Rimuru, well done on breathing, your technique is most amazing."

"Yeah, the way you just exists is marvelous, well done Rimuru-sama."

Well yes, yes they do. You see it a lot with real life celebrities nowadays and even moreso with Rimuru because they've elevated him to a level beyond celebrity and worship him as their Lord and Savior (which he kind of is.)
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 20:18   Link #319
Frontier

Slime Diaries pretty thoroughly showed off how much Rimuru is worshiped...
Old 2021-08-10, 20:48   Link #320
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Clayman really is an ass he just seem so pathetic and insecure

Poor Milim was just so happy about her gloves then that had to happen

Well that guy really wanted to kiss that other dude