AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-13, 05:09   Link #61
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
You know, anime team can spice things up, you never know. I'm interested in this, primarily because it smells yuri from mile away
Old 2011-05-13, 09:16   Link #62
tsunade666

loli + yuri = I die while watching
Old 2011-05-15, 04:20   Link #63
Used Can

OH HELL YEAH!
Hopefully this will do well.
Old 2011-05-16, 04:47   Link #64
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The shoujo-ai level if they can be faithful with the manga is quite high by itself (in anime standard). If the director plan to spice it up a bit more, then... surely... i can't wait for it...

PS: on the topic of yuri manga, i think "Girl Friends" are easiest and best choice for anime adaption since it has long content, and one of the best with character developments, side story and sorts. However if i can choose, i will like the anime adaption of Hitomi& Nana short series (also from Morigana Milk), and "Ebisu-san and Hoteru-san". The later one sit on the top of my list

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-05-16 at 06:52.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 08:52   Link #65
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This series is going to premiere on the 4th of July:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iere-on-july-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

PS: on the topic of yuri manga, i think "Girl Friends" are easiest and best choice for anime adaption since it has long content, and one of the best with character developments, side story and sorts.
THIS!!!!!

And if you give this to a competent studio and staff and make it a hit, fans will know what yuri should entail.
Old 2011-05-20, 18:42   Link #66
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP theme is quite a mouthful to say.

"Yuriyurarararayuruyuri Daijiken".

It doesn't help that I'm not a native Japanese speaker, but I get tongue tied by the fourth syllable.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 01:05   Link #67
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

if i were to choose which yuri titles i want to have an anime adaptation, i think it would be Otsu Hiyori's since all of her works are nicely done. She's not so straight-forward with the romance but she skillfully implies it without being too cheesy. LOL. She's rather subtle. Her works are short so an OVA is apt. XDD

anyhow, It would be nice to see Girl Friends made into an anime. LOL. I love how the romance developed in there. XDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 02:26   Link #68
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
if i were to choose which yuri titles i want to have an anime adaptation, i think it would be Otsu Hiyori's since all of her works are nicely done. She's not so straight-forward with the romance but she skillfully implies it without being too cheesy. LOL. She's rather subtle. Her works are short so an OVA is apt. XDD

anyhow, It would be nice to see Girl Friends made into an anime. LOL. I love how the romance developed in there. XDD
Otsu Hiyori's story is mostly fluffy among the two main characters at least with happy ending... but i always found them too short for character development and the ending is just a bit weak.... Aqua Blue Cinema, Maple Love and Love Letter are probably the only high-note

We need more yuri with angst, with sudden development. Something that slap audience like how the end of each volume of Girls Friends did.

PS: We are discussing anything related to yuri in a anime thread which has little actual yuri in it. Isn't it a bit contradiction?
Old 2011-05-23, 03:16   Link #69
tsunade666

I think it's fine because if you look at the title. You will be expecting yuri stuff but ended up with not much of it.
Old 2011-05-24, 02:39   Link #70
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Otsu Hiyori's story is mostly fluffy among the two main characters at least with happy ending... but i always found them too short for character development and the ending is just a bit weak.... Aqua Blue Cinema, Maple Love and Love Letter are probably the only high-note
i don't think the same. Otsu Hiyori, so far is the best one to pull a good character development through a single shot IMO. I never felt the weakness in her endings actually. Compared to Morinaga, some of her oneshots had me cringing for some reason. I think because they're kinda cheesy.

AS for GF, there were times i kinda feel the drama was a bit exaggerated. But nevertheless, I like how things between them progressed. =) that's only my opinion though.
Old 2011-05-24, 07:20   Link #71
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
i don't think the same. Otsu Hiyori, so far is the best one to pull a good character development through a single shot IMO. I never felt the weakness in her endings actually. Compared to Morinaga, some of her oneshots had me cringing for some reason. I think because they're kinda cheesy.

AS for GF, there were times i kinda feel the drama was a bit exaggerated. But nevertheless, I like how things between them progressed. =) that's only my opinion though.
Morigana Milk is quite weak on one-shot to say the true. I only count Girl Friends and the series of Hitomi x Nana. The rest does not exist for me....

Weak might not be the right word, but basically Otsu Hiyori's works lacked some dramatic event, some character turmoil, angst before the characters turned to a new light (*coughyurcough*) which is quite realistic in the real life, but not dramatic enough for standard yuri manga... But then you found the drama in GF was exaggerated so it's all matter of tastes, i guess

You haven't told me your favourite Otsu Hiyori story yet... Any comments on "Ebisu-san and hoteru-san"? Come on we have to keep the topic alive long enough for it to go back to Yuruyuri
Old 2011-05-26, 08:06   Link #72
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You haven't told me your favourite Otsu Hiyori story yet... Any comments on "Ebisu-san and hoteru-san"? Come on we have to keep the topic alive long enough for it to go back to Yuruyuri
I think it's a wonderful piece of work. The story is told from one person's perspective, so we could see her emotion and feeling are slowly changing as time pass. I love the atmosphere of the story, with how she's struggling about her feeling.

A bit off-topic, aside from Morigana, is there any noteworthy yuri mangaka out there? I'm not new in this regard, but I'm not old enough to be sure I've known every name, so any recommendation?
Old 2011-05-28, 03:46   Link #73
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think it's a wonderful piece of work. The story is told from one person's perspective, so we could see her emotion and feeling are slowly changing as time pass. I love the atmosphere of the story, with how she's struggling about her feeling.

A bit off-topic, aside from Morigana, is there any noteworthy yuri mangaka out there? I'm not new in this regard, but I'm not old enough to be sure I've known every name, so any recommendation?
*Cough*AokiUme*cough*
She does some really short one-short through, mostly sweet and fluffy.

But if you already in the genre then you probably know every notable mangaka. If i have to anme another, i will say Yoshitomi Akihito (you knows "Blue Drop"). The only non-yuri that mangaka did: "Mermaid" really scarred my sanity, so i hope he (or she) will just her keep up with yuri
Old 2011-05-30, 04:11   Link #74
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
ah, Maple Love, The Proof of her Love, Aqua Blue cinema and Katakoi Hime

Ah, Ebisu-san and Hoteru-san.. LOL. i haven't finished reading that one for some reason=)) I'll give you my thoughts when i get back to it.

anyway, i love kenn kurogane. LOL. his non-hentai shots are very nice as well.
Old 2011-05-30, 08:36   Link #75
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
ah, Maple Love, The Proof of her Love, Aqua Blue cinema and Katakoi Hime

Ah, Ebisu-san and Hoteru-san.. LOL. i haven't finished reading that one for some reason=)) I'll give you my thoughts when i get back to it.

anyway, i love kenn kurogane. LOL. his non-hentai shots are very nice as well.
Katakoi-hime...couldn't find that one-shot? Maybe I missed that? And who is Kenn Kurogane? Which series did he do?

PS: Oh... found Kurogane. I actually couldn't borther to check out who he is. But was thinking of how nice those non-h managa that mangaka who drew SHoujo Sect did, and maybe i should recommend it to Duo Maxwell. So yeah Kenn Kurogane and that series called "Hoshikawa Ginza District 4'. Also Shisei Kuromasa has really nice art also

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-05-30 at 09:31.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 09:24   Link #76
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
K-On! with yuri.

Well this sure ain't Strawberry Shake Sweet, but the droughts for this romantic sub-genre are so long that I'll take whatever I can get. In fact, anything with yuri is sure-fire enough to get me watching weekly again.

The thing is, how does one discuss a show made of nothing but fluff?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:18   Link #77
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The gags in the manga are actually quite funny and devious. That's where Yuru Yuri shines. I hope the anime keeps the manga's spirit of self-parody intact. The character designs are cute and all, but I wouldn't lump it in with moeblob stuff. It lures you in with the promise of fluff and then busts out a ton of oddball gags and self-deprecating comedy. The humor is self-aware enough that it doesn't make you feel like you're losing brain cells. (At least not in my case, haha.)
Old 2011-06-09, 06:07   Link #78
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
OP sequence is out:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1307589169

Maybe someone could upload it on Youtube?
Old 2011-06-09, 20:59   Link #79
Sparvid
*hic*

I like the long-sleeved uniforms with the cape-ish thing on top, a pretty distinctive look.
Old 2011-06-09, 21:47   Link #80
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post

I like the long-sleeved uniforms with the cape-ish thing on top, a pretty distinctive look.
The summer and winter uniforms both look fairly unique with their designs and lenghts, I like them and the OP song is cute enough .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri