AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 3 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 19.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 23.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-11-30, 01:53   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index III, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 00:31   Link #2
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
And with that Misakas' character development can now begin to take form.

Well, well, well, we finally get to see Fiamma and his stand... If you need to ask if this series is a Jojo reference then all I will say is that you have not been paying attention so far.

There is a reason Touma is so loved by the fandom, and in this episode in the scene with Misaka we saw a glimpse of it.

Next episode begins the British Halloween arc with Die Hard on a plane... You'll understand once you see it.
__________________

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2018-12-01 at 00:54.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 01:14   Link #3
Side-streetdog
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Better than previous arc so far
But I feel they could do way better than this
Well, we finally see our little princess.
__________________
Side-streetdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 02:34   Link #4
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
There is a reason Touma is so loved by the fandom, and in this episode in the scene with Misaka we saw a glimpse of it.

Next episode begins the British Halloween arc with Die Hard on a plane... You'll understand once you see it.
Regarding Misaka's character development bit: You mean all after five seasons of Toaru series??

Yep, him in this episode made me remember what made me stick around in the Index subforum for quite sometime (until I kind of disappeared). Of course, there's things like a certain someone tweeting "Here be Kamijou-san, the first-class (galge) flag builder performing his usual feats of professionalism" from this episode made me remember it all the more.

Man I can't wait to see how they adapt Touma solving problems not by punching people or raising his hand to cancel out some sort of an esper/magic contraption but with some piping hot tea if you get what I mean.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 03:25   Link #5
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
I think Acqua and Fiamma are underestimating Academy City way too much.
The way Fiamma doesn't care about Academy City even though Acqua was beaten is so beyond me.
And this kind of ignorance is working in Aleister's favor, I can't believe this.
Messing with Academy City, France, England, and then what?

If God's Right Seat really wanted to win, Acqua just should have crushed Academy City and Touma at the first time they launched the attack.
Like Accelerator, Acqua seriously thought nothing can beat him.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 08:56   Link #6
Jord
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Better than previous arc so far
But I feel they could do way better than this
Well, we finally see our little princess.
I feel the same, the pacing is quite nice at the moment but is sad to know that they're doing this now and not since the beginning, most of the previous arc was adapted in a very poor way and the awful animation didn't helped.

So far the episode was quite good, Fiamma is here to stay but I can't stop facepalming at how bith Acqua and Fiamma are understimating the power of Academy City, that's a huge mistake.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 11:28   Link #7
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
The fight was better than last episode, thats a big plus, at least the seen attacks had been on a passable level. The moment where touma catched aquas power looked like its a joke or so, even without supernatural forces, that lance + aquas body weigh a lot, but i guess it got ignored, wouldnt want the MC to be crushed so inconsistencys are used instead, also didnt like how well he looked, didnt seem like he had any big injury at all.
Either way, Fiammas scenes looked ok as well, i didnt expect much to begin with, and i guess they decided to make the third "hand" look just like a real thing instead of a ghost-like entitiy, i understand that, its a lot easier to animate. The "fight" wasnt anything interesting either, lets hope the powers of fiamma wont be cgi'ed into existence.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 11:59   Link #8
Daft
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 28
I enjoyed the episode. I'm surprised they're adapting the airplane bit next episode. Not surprised they can't fit in SS2 though it introduces a lot of characters I would've like to see voiced finally. No space for all those mini stories, and it would be jarring for people who never read them to just cut through the most important ones without any time for the context behind each scene to become clear.

Quote:
So far the episode was quite good, Fiamma is here to stay but I can't stop facepalming at how bith Acqua and Fiamma are understimating the power of Academy City, that's a huge mistake.
I wouldn't say Fiamma necessarily underestimates them but his primarily goal is definitely to gain full control over his Holy Right which he needs to go to England to do and get Index as he and the Pope argued about. Everything is second to reaching his full power to him. As shown, it seems his weak Holy Right can obliterate a sizeable chunk of the Vatican with one shot and that was with it being protected by the Pope. Oh, and I loved the little hymn sound that resonates when the Holy Right is used. I hope that a trend that continues like Imagine Breaker's sound effect.
__________________

Last edited by Daft; 2018-12-01 at 13:15. Reason: Add text
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 13:31   Link #9
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
I am happy with this arc went. Sure the animation could have been much better, but I have given up caring about that part of this season at this point.

They nailed the scene between Misaka and Touma. That was what was worrying me most about this episode. I also think they nailed the emotional impact of Kanzaki and the Amakusa Church coming together. That really ruffled Aqua's feathers.

I am glad that they kept the fallen angel ero maid scene the same as the novel and didn't try to drag it out more once Kanzaki put on the costume.

I am honestly surprised that they are keeping the flight sequence in the next episode. I thought for sure it would get the axe in order to rush to the start of the next arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
The moment where touma catched aquas power looked like its a joke or so, even without supernatural forces, that lance + aquas body weigh a lot, but i guess it got ignored, wouldnt want the MC to be crushed so inconsistencys are used instead, also didnt like how well he looked, didnt seem like he had any big injury at all.
Well, that is Imagine Breaker, no matter how flashy the attack, it gets reduced to zero. The reason that Touma wasn't crushed when stopping the lance was the same reason back in season 1 the Golem Ellis took a few seconds to collapse. The moment that Aqua used magic to change the downward force he was exerting, the entire vector became a supernatural quantity regardless of the fact that gravity also played a factor. So when Imagine Breaker made contact, Aqua's downward force became absolute zero. Aqua and has mace were weightless in that instant before gravity starting taking hold again. Touma standing there after the fact was not how that scene played out in my head after reading the novel. I assume Kanzaki took the burden of Aqua's and the mace's weight after binding him in place. Or at least that what I think the writers were thinking. Maybe they were too strapped for time to animate Touma hobbling away from the impact zone.

The staff's unwillingness to show Touma's injuries when he is seriously hurt continues to baffle me about this series. It is especially obvious when you compare Index to Railgun S, which had no problems showing how much Accelerator messed up Touma's body.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 14:12   Link #10
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Well, the arc was adapted faithfully (though this is one of the easiest arcs to adapt and they gave it three whole episodes), but my main problems with are bad animation and general lack of impact to anything going on really.

I'm honestly surprised they are keeping the plane part of the next arc.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-01, 20:30   Link #11
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
I enjoyed the episode. I'm surprised they're adapting the airplane bit next episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm honestly surprised they are keeping the plane part of the next arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I am honestly surprised that they are keeping the flight sequence in the next episode. I thought for sure it would get the axe in order to rush to the start of the next arc.
Without spoiling it, I actually expected this to be included because it shows another side of Touma's character.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 01:33   Link #12
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
The moment that Aqua used magic to change the downward force he was exerting, the entire vector became a supernatural quantity regardless of the fact that gravity also played a factor. So when Imagine Breaker made contact, Aqua's downward force became absolute zero.
But it wast just for a single moment, Touma stood there for several seconds, all forces that could have acted on touma now would be natural, by all logic he should have been crushed.
Quote:
Aqua and has mace were weightless in that instant before gravity starting taking hold again. Touma standing there after the fact was not how that scene played out in my head after reading the novel. I assume Kanzaki took the burden of Aqua's and the mace's weight after binding him in place. Or at least that what I think the writers were thinking. Maybe they were too strapped for time to animate Touma hobbling away from the impact zone.
Been a while since i read the volume....in my mind it had touma just punching the attack iirc and immediately afterwards the attack of itsuwa hit him. But either way, if they want to change the content, fine, than stay consistent with the rules of the universe.
Quote:
The staff's unwillingness to show Touma's injuries when he is seriously hurt continues to baffle me about this series. It is especially obvious when you compare Index to Railgun S, which had no problems showing how much Accelerator messed up Touma's body.
Its probably easier to animate clean clothes than ones that have red on a certain part of it, doesn make much sense but its the only thing i can think of...other than: they didnt give a f*ck.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 03:20   Link #13
Reuan
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
But it wast just for a single moment, Touma stood there for several seconds, all forces that could have acted on touma now would be natural, by all logic he should have been crushed.

Been a while since i read the volume....in my mind it had touma just punching the attack iirc and immediately afterwards the attack of itsuwa hit him. But either way, if they want to change the content, fine, than stay consistent with the rules of the universe.

Its probably easier to animate clean clothes than ones that have red on a certain part of it, doesn make much sense but its the only thing i can think of...other than: they didnt give a f*ck.
In the LN Touma was described as grabbing the front of the mace, so yeah
Reuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 06:21   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 27
realizing your feeling is not a great development, Misaka-san.... you're number 3rd behind Itsuwa and Kanzaki at this moment
you're losing hard

it's been a while since I saw Kanzaki this much... glad that she is under spotlight again although she might disappear next episode... now I want to see Stiyl

I totally forgot that Touma got his amnesia from stopping Index in the first season and first arc... my memory is so bad for this anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 08:28   Link #15
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
This is a reminder that supposely Indexverse Jesus was Superman and Acqua that had the two powers was Super Jesus. But yeah, in this point all the best scenes played better in my mind.

Oh, the scene with Fianma and his Stand was well animated.

And not SS2 and that means...not Gunha

And is Koyasu as Knight Leader?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 06:01   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I think Acqua and Fiamma are underestimating Academy City way too much.
The way Fiamma doesn't care about Academy City even though Acqua was beaten is so beyond me.
And this kind of ignorance is working in Aleister's favor, I can't believe this.
Messing with Academy City, France, England, and then what?

If God's Right Seat really wanted to win, Acqua just should have crushed Academy City and Touma at the first time they launched the attack.
Like Accelerator, Acqua seriously thought nothing can beat him.
Shouldn't they be underestimating Academy City? After all it wasn't Academy City that stopped Acqua. In fact the guy was causing havoc for quite a prolonged period of time and wasn't remotely impeded. He was beaten...by magical forces.

Depending on how we want to define Touma's arm...it's arguable that no espers were remotely involved in Acqua's defeat. In fact one of the top ranked ones in the city was effectively told to just go home .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 12:51   Link #17
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
^She wasn't "told to go home" in any way, she could have easily joined the fight. The reason she didn't go with him was because she understood that he needed to do it by himself, especially after hearing what he said about his memories.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 21:29   Link #18
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
But it wast just for a single moment, Touma stood there for several seconds, all forces that could have acted on touma now would be natural, by all logic he should have been crushed.

Been a while since i read the volume....in my mind it had touma just punching the attack iirc and immediately afterwards the attack of itsuwa hit him. But either way, if they want to change the content, fine, than stay consistent with the rules of the universe.

Its probably easier to animate clean clothes than ones that have red on a certain part of it, doesn make much sense but its the only thing i can think of...other than: they didnt give a f*ck.
Yeah, while at the moment of impact Touma was fine, he should have been in trouble just standing there. Your point about Touma being easier to animate with less injuries makes me think that Touma just stood there because it was easier than animating any more movement for him afterwards.

I pictured Aqua's meteor attack coming at angle, which would allow Touma to catch the front of the mace with his hand without taking on any of its weight. Kanzaki restrains Aqua and Itsuwa delivers the final blow.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 13:48   Link #19
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
So how injured was touma actually? Like he's just limping, but from what I understand, he was on the verge of death as close as he's ever been.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 16:45   Link #20
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So how injured was touma actually? Like he's just limping, but from what I understand, he was on the verge of death as close as he's ever been.
That's Toumas' state on a normal day (No, this is not a joke). Let's just say that later on other characters (and fans) start questioning Toumas' true nature because of moments like this.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.