AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 00:01   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 637 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers have not been released...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 02:39   Link #2
Otogakure Legends

Obito is god.
Otogakure Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 02:40   Link #3
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
What in the world just happened? So confused lol.
Old 2013-07-03, 02:41   Link #4
ri0

As I understood, the fourth realised that the guy they were fighting was tagged by him somewhere in the past in the first panel on page 3.
He then jumped to him and saw where the tag was on the guy's body and how he looked like and came to the conclusion that it must be Obito.
After their failed attempt to take Obito's life the Uchiha became the Juubi's Jinchuuriki.

The panel where Minato slashes Obito is so awesome
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 02:41   Link #5
Johnny
Working the bags...

What I got out of it was Obito got what he wanted and gave the alliance the finger...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 03:14   Link #6
Cael
Lurker Mode

This chapter is full of win!

However the Third's absence from joining the other Hokage is looking a little suspect. There's still time for him to shine. This chapter though belonged to the Yellow Flash!
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:03   Link #7
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

A bit confused.. What does the Fourth mean when he says "I see.. now I understand"? Is that in any reference that he understands "Sasuke's Goal" some how, seeing as when the first said stop the person on top of the Jyuubi, Sasuke was the first one to rush in? or am I interpreting wrong somewhere...

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 05:54   Link #8
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
A bit confused.. What does the Fourth mean when he says "I see.. now I understand"? Is that in any reference that he understands "Sasuke's Goal" some how, seeing as when the first said stop the person on top of the Jyuubi, Sasuke was the first one to rush in? or am I interpreting wrong somewhere...
Great Chapter. Though need to see animated!

Wonder who is the traitor Obito speaks of just before becoming the 10 tails?
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 06:00   Link #9
mayumi

Hashirama thought that Madara was controlling Obito and going to revive him with Rinne tensei. Hashirama orders everyone to stop Obito while he sends clones to Madara incase he is resurrected.

Minato realizes that the guy who he fougth 16 yrs ago was the guy who was marked with seal.

Minato kills him not caring who it is. When Minato sees Obito he realizes who it is.

Meanwhile Naruto who could obviously sense that Obito was never really controlled by Madara was planning to become juubi jin. It was a lose lose situation. Either Madara gets resurrected or Obito becomse jin. I guess Naruto choose the later.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 06:14   Link #10
HasuMasu
*Artist

Okay, I honestly did not see Obito becoming the jinchuriki himself.

Plot Twist Kishi
Old 2013-07-03, 06:21   Link #11
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Bravo Kishimoto, bravo. No seriously, this was a nice little twist. We were all lead to believe that Obito was being forced by Madara to revive him using Rinne Tensei. Except, Obito kicked his plan into high gear by commandeering the 10 tails instead. OK, color me surprised. Though I will admit that Obito's face plastered onto the 10 tail's body looks very, very silly.
Old 2013-07-03, 06:29   Link #12
Monster0

I'm glad i didn't loose faith in Obito,s character.It's not logical to think linear about stories like this.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 06:40   Link #13
shalala

I'm quite sad on how quickly Obito became the jinchuriki. Plus it looks like Madara was the one that did the sealing. Soo I take it this was all part of their plan all along? Soo why didn't they do that in the first place. I can't help but feel that when the forth said "I see.. now I understand" it was really Orochimaru that was talking.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 07:02   Link #14
Tchadnis

damm Obito really tricked us in that one , look like he even suprised Madara at his own plan .. to become the jinchuriki he fooled them all
Old 2013-07-03, 07:04   Link #15
HasuMasu
*Artist

Madara didn't look fooled though, maybe he was in on it?

I'll have to read it again.
Old 2013-07-03, 07:14   Link #16
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Madara didn't look fooled though, maybe he was in on it?

I'll have to read it again.
He said it was a failure i doubt he was all on to it , but im sure he isn't worried since he is like immortal i guess he can always kill obito after or something ..
Old 2013-07-03, 07:25   Link #17
Pentium
Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Hashirama thought that Madara was controlling Obito and going to revive him with Rinne tensei. Hashirama orders everyone to stop Obito while he sends clones to Madara incase he is resurrected.

Minato realizes that the guy who he fougth 16 yrs ago was the guy who was marked with seal.

Minato kills him not caring who it is. When Minato sees Obito he realizes who it is.

Meanwhile Naruto who could obviously sense that Obito was never really controlled by Madara was planning to become juubi jin. It was a lose lose situation. Either Madara gets resurrected or Obito becomse jin. I guess Naruto choose the later.
Well explained! Spot on I think.

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:14   Link #18
Typeblue

It was fun reading last chapters post and how everyone jumped to conclutions, as always, that Obito's character was flawed and the author was a terrible writer. So now we know that Obito had a plan all along.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:03   Link #19
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Okay, I honestly did not see Obito becoming the jinchuriki himself.

Plot Twist Kishi
me neither. i quite like this development. there are still some explanations i want from obito (particularly spiral zetsu) and i want to see more of a discussion between him and minato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
It was fun reading last chapters post and how everyone jumped to conclutions, as always, that Obito's character was flawed and the author was a terrible writer. So now we know that Obito had a plan all along.
who's jumping to conclusions? the obito story has been horrible. this twist changes nothing about his awful motivation or awful fight with kakashi. and in case you hadn't noticed, this chapter still talks about his unrequited love for rin. that horse has been beaten to death to the point of it just being a puddle of blood at this point.

someone should have informed obito about internet dating. there's plenty of fish out there
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:23   Link #20
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

....Wow what an overpowered technique.

You'd think over the decades Obito would have suffered enough injuries (i.e fight with Kanon's paper justu, which killed Obito and forced him to use his Izanagi) would have gotten rid of the mark. Or the fact that he was blown to bits would have removed the mark.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion