AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 23:31   Link #81
Echoes

Indeed a well executed first episode, it got me interested, and I felt like they managed to pack it full of events without leaving me with the feeling of the show being rushed or the plot forced.

The premise of a blind lead certainly gives it a unique feel, and I shall be on the lookout for the next release, anxiously anticipating the continuation!
Old 2008-01-05, 00:04   Link #82
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting opening, certainly enough to keep me watching. Bit of a "Sola" vibe and look, for me. Even the ED had a similar feel.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:15   Link #83
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Spoiler for Ep 1:
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:21   Link #84
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
><

but yeah, the art is very beautiful ^_^

a gift D:

I got it already ^^. You should see the two artbooks Sca-Ji has put out for their works ^^, beautiful. I took some pictures of them in the artbook thread i made a while back.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 01:44   Link #85
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Wonderful first episode.. I will definitely watch the rest.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:08   Link #86
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I was really hyped up about this series before it even started (thinking that it would be a nice replacement for ef this season). After watching I am glad to say that the enthusiasm I had before hasn't change one bit ^^.

ep 1
Spoiler:

Oh and the OP/ED is to die for
Don't get too hyped up now Deathkillz ^^. It's more how Zexcs will execute the theme of the anime to the viewers. Like we stated in the Ef, presentation is what it's all about. Shaft did it's job right, I wanna see how Zexcs does now ^^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-01-05, 02:10   Link #87
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, I'd be happy enough if it lives up to Myself;Yourself slot I have wide open right now.

Actually I'm running out of fansubbed shows with all the seasons ending or close to ending. Even Hayate no Gotoku is trickling down to the endgame.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:29   Link #88
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, I'd be happy enough if it lives up to Myself;Yourself slot I have wide open right now.

Actually I'm running out of fansubbed shows with all the seasons ending or close to ending. Even Hayate no Gotoku is trickling down to the endgame.
Hayate went down hills, to never rise again after ep 26. But I can understand that, all of the series i've kept up with are about to end too. Gotta migrate to other anime, like ---> H2O ^^.

Old 2008-01-05, 02:36   Link #89
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I wouldn't quite agree with Hayate.. I mean, I resigned to knowing that it's mostly a moé affair after a while. Too many other comedies are better at the actual comedy while Hayate seems to go down the cuteness avenue.

BTW, I'm wondering how much of Junpei Fujita's influence in H2o will be. Gonna see if the Haruhi Suzumiya influence is there.
Old 2008-01-05, 02:47   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
BTW, I'm wondering how much of Junpei Fujita's influence in H2o will be. Gonna see if the Haruhi Suzumiya influence is there.
Well, he arranged the Haruhi Suzmiya OP, but I'm not sure that you'd be able to see the connection or influence...? The other anime he composed the music for is Mushi-Uta. I assume his influence on the music in H2O will be... absolute? (As you can see, I'm confused... )
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:55   Link #91
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Hayate went down hills, to never rise again after ep 26. But I can understand that, all of the series i've kept up with are about to end too. Gotta migrate to other anime, like ---> H2O ^^.
Agree 100%, Shana S2 is also very disappointing to me so far.

For this show so far I'm very interested to see which way it goes in terms of how violent etc. it might end up being, the opening scene was pretty crazy. Also, kinda bummed that
Spoiler for H2o:
Overall though getting decent vibes from this show, seems to have a lot of mystery.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:44   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Don't get too hyped up now Deathkillz ^^. It's more how Zexcs will execute the theme of the anime to the viewers. Like we stated in the Ef, presentation is what it's all about. Shaft did it's job right, I wanna see how Zexcs does now ^^.
Well I actually see this series as this season's version of ef, so I dam hope it doesn't fail
It's already too late how much hope I have for this series, so if it does fail, I'll be shattered

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:44   Link #93
MonkeyDude

Spoiler for ep1:
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:54   Link #94
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Spoiler for ep1:

Yea, but it is one of those "Its Rock your Soul" moments and it wont be the last, and it is kinda funny that after what happen, she just stay there, in that position. She didnt move at all, she just stayed just like that
Old 2008-01-05, 04:16   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's a TV series (probably 12 episodes long).
I said this yesterday, but I just noticed that all of the Japanese DVDs for the show have already been solicited, and yup, it's confirmed: 12 episodes (on 6 LE/RE DVDs, typical Kadokawa-style).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 04:44   Link #96
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow1770 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 1:
He didn't realise the stairs were there, that's why he fell down them.

Spoiler for for ep1:

The blind protagonist from Until Death Do Us Part is so much more awesome.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 05:10   Link #97
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

That was... errr... interesting.

I think this has potential, but I think this also has potential to be epic fail if it's not careful with the way it handles its characters. There's a lot in this that's rather generic, but there are hints of a fair bit of depth behind these characters, and some of the scenes (like the dream sequence at the end of the ep) feel really good (as in right atmosphere and music, etc etc). Some of it does not, though.

There's a real visual novel feel about this anime, particularly the scenes that take place in school. Yes, I know, it feels like a visual novel because it's based on one, but I've been finding recently that a lot of the best visual novel conversions have been the ones that have managed to shake the visual novel feeling (ie, story driven by mundane dialogue and interactions where the main lead acts like a deer in the headlights, plot driven by sudden "situations" interrupting bouts of calm, etc, etc) and really make the most of the animated medium. I also hate the way this series is doing fanservice. I appreciate fanservice... it can actually be quite funny when it's done right. But this really pushes it into your face and says "here... fanservice... did you see it... look here... ok, laugh now". No subtlety.

I like Hayami, even if she is the standard tsundere personality. They've made it fairly clear why she is so anti-social, though, and the fact that she's had to deal with so much crap could make her a really interesting character to study.

Anyway, I'm intrigued, so the first ep has done its job, but I'd wager it'll be a number of eps yet before I'm convinced this will be a winner.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 05:35   Link #98
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Episode 1 was just the introduction and I was completely confused now too >.<, at least the animation wasn't so poor it would've turned me off from it. But i'm glad the detail of the uniform wasn't degrade from game to anime transformation. That's what I really loved about Makura ^^

Old 2008-01-05, 06:08   Link #99
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Pardon me saying, but I H2O ROCKED my soul.

It had everything: swift pacing (for an introduction, they sure explained a lot without spilling too much. The situation at the school is already taking shape and things already moving forward), that weird/alien/godly/alternate-dimension girl, that crazy tsundere, the weird little bully girl who bullies FOR REAL instead of teasing it like how all the teasing-girls usually do it, the clumsy girl who are great panty fodder, mysterious horsemen, the blind/sight predicament, AMAZING OP/ED combination and a soundtrack that fits the show like a glove.

Oh, and the visuals, I'd say, were maybe a notch above Myself;Yourself's and some of the static scenes were actually pretty gorgeous. The animation was smooth and none of it took me out of the show at all.

And I appreciate the BLATANT panty shots and fanservice in shows like these, as far as the few we did get. The thing about fanservice, mind those who have said that they did not like it, is that if they're willing to show one of the craziest panty shots I've seen in a while with a full frontal beating right on the screen, then that means why won't blot out or shy away from showing the truly sexy/violent/crucial scenes later on. Yes, I love fanservice for fanservice's sakes too, but I think it works very well in the context of shows like these actually. As long as it remains consistent and sets a consistent mood, even if at the expense of a fully leaning over panty shot comedy scene. NO, what am I saying? There's nothing shameful about it!

I think this show fills up my Myself;Yourself slot more than adequately and I might actually enjoy this more than some of the shows before like it such as Kimikiss and M;Y.
Old 2008-01-05, 06:18   Link #100
Blaat

Well the first episode bored me to tears, it might end up being a different visual novel/dating sim based show such as last season ef and Kimikiss but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'll wait until the show is done before giving it another chance.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs