Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 20:24   Link #561
golthin

Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 15:09   Link #562
kittybear

This probably the most underrated show I've ever seen. Anyway 9/10 for the whole series.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:32   Link #563
Peanutbutter

So, what happened to Tofusensei? Or Live-evil for that matter? Just 2 more episodes to a full batch...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:12   Link #564
Molenir

I've been wondering about this show lately as well. Never finished watching it yet since we're waiting on the final 2 to be subbed.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 06:47   Link #565
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

episode 21 is in encoding-phase acording to the project status page of live-evil!
in a way i know it's annoying since this happened to several other projects done by L-E,but remember that those people are sacreficing there own free time to give us a quality product!
ginrai1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 22:24   Link #566
Molenir

Yeah, is one of my biggest gripes with them. They start shows, do a great job, but then crap out before the end. Ending up taking a long time to finish the final few episodes. Shion no Ou was another show they did this on. As ginrai said though, can't really complain as the people translating and subbing the show aren't being paid for this. Its all volunteer work for the unappreciative masses.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 03:23   Link #567
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Yeah, is one of my biggest gripes with them. They start shows, do a great job, but then crap out before the end. Ending up taking a long time to finish the final few episodes. Shion no Ou was another show they did this on. As ginrai said though, can't really complain as the people translating and subbing the show aren't being paid for this. Its all volunteer work for the unappreciative masses.
Hey, the almost finished Harlock TV in the last weeks of 2008! They also seem to not have that many staff and a real life too, so it takes its' time. And they do shows no one else is doing!
But iI also hope it is done ASAP!

SignorRossi.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 04:49   Link #568
stewie0814

Yeah i was following this and stopped watching at around 16 since the new eps were taking a while to be released. Hopefully we'll get em soon (no rush though), since it was a pretty entertaining show (was watching it along with allison to lillia and toshokan sensou )
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:08   Link #569
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 21 has appeared.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:24   Link #570
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Haha, geez... it took them long enough! XD Thanks for the work (if you read this).
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 18:29   Link #571
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
It was really odd that the DVD with episode 20 arrived the day after I watched episode 21 ^^;
I guess it will be a "race" to the finish at this point.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 05:00   Link #572
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 21

That was essentially an ending, so I'm guessing ep 22 is an epilogue of some sort. If not, a filler episode.

I'm happy enough with how that ended, but like most people, I really think this could have been much more. It didn't quite live up to its potential.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 06:56   Link #573
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
It was really odd that the DVD with episode 20 arrived the day after I watched episode 21 ^^;
I guess it will be a "race" to the finish at this point.
haha

on your marks...

get set...

GO!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 23:01   Link #574
aldw

Finally saw this anime for the first time, I'm surprised that it didn't get more attention by bloggers when it aired, it's pretty good and Aya Hirano's performance impressed me quite a bit.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:52   Link #575
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

After waiting a few months for Tofu to serve up episode 22, I tracked down a Russian/English sub, then re-watched the entire show with SeijiSensei no Musume. Well, it turns out that ep. 22 is pretty much a standalone, and not a very good one at that.

We both felt that there were many good things about this program, but they were often undermined by the clichéd nature of the characters. We have the predatory, greedy aunt, the incompetent boob detective, and to top things off an evil mad scientist. I realize that anime isn't generally intended to portray serious drama, but the reliance on these stock characters gets a bit old after a while. It does rather support the persistent belief that, at least in terms of scripts, anime really is intended for children.

There were so many excellent features to this show -- the artwork and voice acting in particular -- that the weak points in the script seemed more glaring in comparison. This is still Hirano's best performance in my experience, and I really enjoyed Arai Satomi's portrayal of Tome. Her voice had a rather unusual timbre and pitch not often heard in anime.

So though I'd like to have given this show an A, I'm afraid it still gets only a B because of the script. It just seemed to lose its pace after the train wreck and left a few key points on the table. In particular I never really did understand what was supposed to have transpired after the "white-haired demon" and Nijuu Mensou fell off the blimp. Nor was his apparent invulnerability ever really explained. How did he escape death in the exploding train car, or after failing hundreds of feet into open ocean? Inquiring minds still want to know.
Old 2009-04-18, 22:30   Link #576
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Have to agree with most of what you said, SeijiSensei. A watchable show, but wasted promise. I think one can make cliched characters work, if we are invited to wink at them a bit, but this was played awfully straight. And the plot just seemed to replay itself too often. I wonder if they could have made it work as a 13-episode show.

This is the kind of Hirano performance I particularly like, but even so, I felt as if the character didn't develop. The script didn't give her a chance, perhaps.

Another similar Aya performance, to me, was as Layla in NANA, but she doesn't have that big a role and it's hard to find the places where she performs. I think it's in ep4 of Manabi Straight where she does some similar things, as well as in other eps of that show.

Arai Satomi was very strong, as you say. I remember her blowing me away as Kozue and all her various alter egos in Mahoroba.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 19:21   Link #577
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
This probably the most underrated show I've ever seen. Anyway 9/10 for the whole series.
+1 just finished watching it it was actually pretty awesome
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 00:00   Link #578
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Might I suggest that, under this policy, Nijuu Mensou be restored to the AS main series listings?
Old 2009-09-08, 15:16   Link #579
aorta

L-E subs are out for Episode 22! Woot!
Old 2009-09-09, 13:47   Link #580
Ghostfriendly

They just don't seem to be streaming anywhere yet.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen