AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 19:53   Link #61
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Deneve is the real star without a doubt. Anyway with dietrich showing up, maybe I'll get lucky and my theory that she is the scruffy little girl at the teresa and clare statue will come true. but with yagi, I'm not holing my breath.
Old 2010-03-01, 19:53   Link #62
Joe_fh

The reason I think Galatea didn't regenerate her eyes is probably not because of something like what haegar said but rather because she wanted to live a peaceful life and on top of that in Rabona. It's kind of hard to do that with those silver eyes that scream Claymore
That is to say she had a more logical reason to do this rather than something symbolic though it might be both in the end. Either way it was necessery if she wanted to live with other people and no in solitude like Irene.

Though I must say Galatae's character is handled really well and we can see a clear change (maybe the biggest so far) from when we first saw her to what she is now.

@Gangsta isn't that girl a bit too young to be Dietrich? I don't quite remember her though so maybe I should look at it again.

Well Yuma's actions started way back when she started helping Cynthia rather than escape on her own and she was ready to stay there and try to protect her to the bitter end. And mind you she's the weakest one of all the ghost and probably the most inexperienced of them as well. What she did was really something. On the other hand Deneve really showed strength of character here so I would rather not chose actually.

And btw about those symbols
Spoiler for because I don't like how it looks...:

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2010-03-01 at 20:04.
Old 2010-03-01, 20:32   Link #63
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Deneve is the real star without a doubt. Anyway with dietrich showing up, maybe I'll get lucky and my theory that she is the scruffy little girl at the teresa and clare statue will come true. but with yagi, I'm not holing my breath.
Why not? it would be really cool if he revealed that, and I'm sure the idea crossed his mind at least once, or SOMEBODY out there told him about it.

--

, Yeah, they're different, but come on, you gotta admit how close they look, especially the first two

I just love how Yuma pulled out all these cool moments, yet she still feels insecure enough to wonder how all the others would react. Even Claire would feel proud about her

That was such a "awwww" moment
Old 2010-03-01, 20:59   Link #64
manmmlala

i suppose we can now say that Noel is No.3 rather than Sophia being No.3 ?
Old 2010-03-01, 21:15   Link #65
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
It's just me or Yagi is recycling old pages? Compare Renne in chapter 91, page 10 and Yuma in this chapter, page 23.
There are some major similarities. Though some differences too. The main differences (minus the obvious hair and uniform) is when comparing Yuma's left eye to Renee's left eye (well, right eye really but on the left side of the page ) her pupil is smaller and eyebrow is more bushy and longer. Also Yuma's nose, though similar to Renee's, is slightly bent (if you draw an invisible line from where the nose starts between the eyes to it's tip).

Great spot though... it is very likely borrowed but modified a bit. Can't blame the guy though, it's a short month. Some short cuts, I guess, had to be made due to publication deadlines.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:47   Link #66
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Thanks a lot for the translation Weils!
DITTO... and in case you don't get the american movie reference (Ghost)... I mean Thank from me too.

Quote:
Another thing I realized which is really major is that Noel actually cut Prissy's arm off. No really I've read that chapter like 100 times and not even once I saw that.
I've always noticed it.. sadly though I never pieced together that Clare was watching too and might have descided to imate Noel... Great role model by the way... ... It explains why Helen looks smart(ish) for calling her an idiot.

It's part of the reason why I aways thought Priscilla was so strong after her awakening... since I always took it as she let Noel do it, since she showed no shock and retaliated so quickly.

Kinda agree about the failures of her plan... though she didn't know how much stronger Priscilla was than Isley (or that Isley was really really fast too). She likely just thought something like this... "I was almost as strong as Flora with Irene's arm... she was a bit quicker than me running speed though. However, once I awakened my limbs I easily beat someone as fast, if not faster, then Miria's phantom technique. So if I spend 7 years of training doing everything I can to increase this speed... when I awaken I just might be able to close in quick enough to kill that BITCH! Even if she's the strongest abyssal one. I saw Noel harm her... and she relied on speed not strength... so this is a good plan."

Now Clare was observing Spohia and Noel attack Priscilla with Human eyes. So she was likely deceived into thinking they actually caught her off guard. However only Noels abilities let her harm her... After all she had no idea Teresa could read Priscilla's yoki flow due to it's magnitude, that Riful's seemingly logical assumption about two AO could likely hold her off was not nearly enough, plus she never actually sensed the Alicia and Beth vs Priscilla fight since The Destroyers yoki masked the fight (she only sensed Priscilla after Riful bit the dust but could focus on it due to the incoming barrage of rods). Clare was lead to believe her plan had a shot at working and she was too obsessed to not try the first "good" plan she had.

However your right... her plan was stupid. It was like building the blueprints to a jet fighter and assuming it can win wars before it's even put in a wind tunnel. It has swept wings for extra speed and other planes have those wings... so it will work.

Quote:
Oh and another thing is it me or are Noel and Teresa's symbols the same? I mean really look at them. They are basically the same thing and no two symbols are that similar. They all look alike but each and every one of them so far had at least one or two extra lines (or a different agle of the lines) that make them clearly distinguishable.
Quote:
And btw about those symbols
Spoiler for because I don't like how it looks...:
I took this from the Claymore databook... there symbols are virtually identical minus two tiny lines...

Actually... Priscilla's looks like Teresa's too... and same with Sophia too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
i suppose we can now say that Noel is No.3 rather than Sophia being No.3 ?
See above... data book said she was #5 (after her demotion because of Priscilla, so she was rank #4 before Priscilla and Sophia was #3)
Old 2010-03-02, 00:53   Link #67
elyK

first of all, I can't begin to express how proud Clare made me in this chapter for being a smart and perceptive fighter and what not; Brings a tear to my eye. Yuma, you tried... somewhat. I can't believe that I forgot about claymore for all this time until stumbling on this chapter, shame on me.
Old 2010-03-02, 00:59   Link #68
roninenix

Clare being able to subconsciously pull back from being an awakened might end up being a great thing. Could just be the next step closer to being able to do it at will.
Old 2010-03-02, 01:07   Link #69
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Japanese to Chinese to English dialogue.

Spoiler for size:
Your going to love this... Frankyhouse has done it again. They thought this was a Japanese to English translation and they made a Scanlation out of it. I guess they missed the statement at the top of his post clearly stating this wasn't a direct translation of the RAW

To make matters worse they sourced as AnimeSuki as the translator... sorry Weils you got no mention. This is the second time they've done this in my memory since they did this with Chapter 98 too... except the that time they misspelled AnimeSuki as AnimeYuki
Old 2010-03-02, 01:09   Link #70
Sassarai
Army of One

Spoiler for jean's secret:

Who knew?
Old 2010-03-02, 01:11   Link #71
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Spoiler for jean's secret:

Who knew?
See my above post...

Kinda funny though...
Old 2010-03-02, 02:17   Link #72
celestialguy

I just read the translated chapter on onemanga. I find this a chapter really weird with the wording. Why would they use wedge why not mental block or something along those lines.

Also, did the author made a mistake in the plot? I don't ever remember Noel slicing Priscilla's arm off. One more thing, how did Claire obtain those memories about Noel? From Rafaela's memory?
Old 2010-03-02, 02:31   Link #73
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
I just read the translated chapter on onemanga. I find this a chapter really weird with the wording. Why would they use wedge why not mental block or something along those lines.
See my above post... I mean the post above that one... The used translation was of a Japanese to Chinese to English... so it made less sense. It wasn't a direct translation of the RAW. As spotted in the above post by Sassarai... the proofreader didn't even spot Jean being called a he and not a she in the translation.

Quote:
Also, did the author made a mistake in the plot? I don't ever remember Noel slicing Priscilla's arm off.
Noel did slice off Priscilla's arm... Chapter 24 page 14 on Onemanga (last panel) and continued on the next page... were Priscilla has already reattached it and stabbed both Noel and Sophia. I... know it was so quick half of everyone today is saying they never noticed it... rhetorical question: Am I the only one who did notice it?

Quote:
One more thing, how did Claire obtain those memories about Noel? From Rafaela's memory?
No... Clare personally witnessed Noel slice off Priscilla's arm as a child... she was there at Priscilla's awakening after all.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-03-02 at 02:44. Reason: bad typo
Old 2010-03-02, 03:22   Link #74
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Noel did slice off Priscilla's arm... Chapter 24 page 14 on Onemanga (last panel) and continued on the next page... were Priscilla has already reattached it and stabbed both Noel and Sophia. I... know it was so quick half of everyone today is saying they never noticed it... rhetorical question: Am I the only one who did notice it?
No

Just read it on OM. Pretty good chapter, and in the end, the question of why Clare couldn't awaken turned out to have a much more simple answer than we expected. However, I did think using the word "wedge" was wrong on so many levels. I could easily think of at least 9000 sexual puns involving Clare and Jean because of that.

I jest. But now I wonder if Cynthia will be able to use her limbs as she used to before Uma healed her. She is a defensive type so she should be able to, unlike offensive types who can only regenerate limbs as strong as a human's rather than completely restore them to their former strength.

Quote:
No... Clare personally witnessed Noel slice off Priscilla's arm as a child... she was there at Priscilla's awakening after all.
Ah, but the question is: How did she know their names?
Old 2010-03-02, 03:50   Link #75
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Your going to love this... Frankyhouse has done it again. They thought this was a Japanese to English translation and they made a Scanlation out of it. I guess they missed the statement at the top of his post clearly stating this wasn't a direct translation of the RAW

To make matters worse they sourced as AnimeSuki as the translator... sorry Weils you got no mention. This is the second time they've done this in my memory since they did this with Chapter 98 too... except the that time they misspelled AnimeSuki as AnimeYuki

roles on the floor laughing...and that for some time....

rly that is baaad style XD

@cyclone: my deepest appologies... you are of course totally right. It's just that I wrote it so that even less dedicated acoloytes could identify with my statement. I'm all with you on the things you mentioned of course
Old 2010-03-02, 03:56   Link #76
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Ah, but the question is: How did she know their names?
She's mentions it to Irene when she they meet up that she studied everything about the incident and people who were there. Basically Clare read through the Organizations databook.
Old 2010-03-02, 04:24   Link #77
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
IMO pretty dull chapter. Clare's inability to awaken was....pretty boring. Was expecting else....oh well.

Jean's a guy. Woot. And what's with wedge?
Old 2010-03-02, 05:02   Link #78
gxy1069

well, that explains some things...

but i still dun get it about clare's subconscious wedge on herself. what does it really mean? anyone care to help me elaborate?

so, yuma and cythia is saved, miria and the others are arriving, and calre and gang is gonna be so screwed...that sure sets up the finale well.

go yagi!!! we know you can do something cool

p.s. freya's right. though it is a gud filler chapter, action is, well...boring. what else?
Old 2010-03-02, 05:14   Link #79
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxy1069 View Post
well, that explains some things...

but i still dun get it about clare's subconscious wedge on herself. what does it really mean? anyone care to help me elaborate?
It's a mental block from a bad experince, consiously she may have come to terms with Jeans death but subconsiously she hasn't and it's blocking her abilty to awaken.
Old 2010-03-02, 05:22   Link #80
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

I noticed that, and I'm not pleased. I usually leave the rough translation up with the understanding that it's not very accurate and only serves to give everyone an idea of what happened. Unfortunately this ended up backfiring.

Future translations are no longer permitted, period.

For those wondering why I don't permit a translation thread, this is one of the biggest reasons why.