AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 13:00   Link #821
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

aw thats a shame :P

heres to hoping VC3 is back on the ps3 :P
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 17:04   Link #822
DC20

Glad to see they changed Licorice to Anisette. Licorice for a name sounds pretty ridiculous, and anisette is delicious (not that licorice isn't, but eating licorice doesn't lead to nearly as much fun as drinking anisette ).

That said, my excitement for VC2 is hovering at just above nil. PSP or PS3, I think I'll wait to see what direction they go before I get excited about VC3
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 18:35   Link #823
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
To be fair, Licorice is kinda of a silly name for a girl.
Well, it's their damn fault for not having it as Lycoris and thus forcing the team that's localizing it to change it.
Old 2010-08-24, 20:55   Link #824
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
aw thats a shame :P

heres to hoping VC3 is back on the ps3 :P
Seriously...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 04:17   Link #825
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
English dub only. The PSP cartridges don't have the capacity to hold dual audio for VC2, considering everything else that's in it.
I think voice files actually takes up the most amount of space, unless the game itself is relatively small, like Disgaea2?? it's not likely.

Anybody have an idea about how the unlockable characters with passcode from the JPN version would work on English one??
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 06:02   Link #826
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
English dub only. The PSP cartridges don't have the capacity to hold dual audio for VC2, considering everything else that's in it.
In the 1st one they have it options to choose from but the 2nd one...

.... Are you freaking kidding me!? *sarcasm*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-08-27 at 02:11.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 06:08   Link #827
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I guess that's understandable, but still that's pretty news. Especially seeing as how i'm used to the Japanese voice cast thanks to the demo. Damn.
Old 2010-08-31, 00:07   Link #828
Runty

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is now out. Hoping to read some player reviews and maybe find a playthrough soon on Youtube. There isn't one out yet for the Japanese version (or at least I can't find it), so I'm hopeful that someone on Youtube will be gracious enough to provide a complete playthrough.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 01:11   Link #829
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I guess that's understandable, but still that's pretty news. Especially seeing as how i'm used to the Japanese voice cast thanks to the demo. Damn.
Spoiler for My thoughts about an absent of audio options in the 2nd one:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-09-01 at 23:26.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:47   Link #830
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
In the 1st one they have it options to choose from but the 2nd one...

.... Are you freaking kidding me!? *sarcasm*
We all know that UMD is a failure. Not that digital distribution on PSP is that successful anyway.

I hope PSP2 will use a new physical containment. A Blue-ray UMD with 10GB capacity might be awesome. 1GB single layer for UMD is just too little to hold the massive amount of content.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:42   Link #831
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Alright I'm about to leave and go pick up VC2.

Don't expect to see me online for a few days.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 06:03   Link #832
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Alright I'm about to leave and go pick up VC2.

Don't expect to see me online for a few days.
You can at least make a post during those few days with your thoughts on the dub.
Old 2010-09-02, 06:37   Link #833
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You can at least make a post during those few days with your thoughts on the dub.
I must have went to half a dozen different game stores and no one had even heard of it let alone the original.

They were promptly schooled on their lack of faith but no one had any ETA on when their copies would arrive whereas others doubted that they'd even get the game in.

I'll just order it online from Game or JB depending who is cheaper.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 07:40   Link #834
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I must have went to half a dozen different game stores and no one had even heard of it let alone the original.

They were promptly schooled on their lack of faith but no one had any ETA on when their copies would arrive whereas others doubted that they'd even get the game in.

I'll just order it online from Game or JB depending who is cheaper.
I usually order my games online (cheaper and less hassles with incompetent clerks) but I can't really afford VC2 right now so I guess it'll have to wait till it drops in price. 30€ is currently above my budget for games.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:22   Link #835
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I'm coming out of my cave in order to say that this game is awesome.

Interestingly, either I'm much better at this than the first one or something, but I consistently get B's in the "Boss" missions and A's everywhere else. Some of the Boss missions get really difficult, which is nice.

Huge difference: You can't save anytime during a mission anymore. No more lining up perfect shots. But I like that better.

I like the dub. There's no really annoying voice, though I was afraid of Cosette's from the demo, but none of her lines have been even close to that brash. Of minor annoyance (as most of the time it's amusing) are the sounds they make when they're not reading lines, particularly when what they say aloud has little to do with what they say on the screen... but that's less to do with the VAs and more to do with poor planning.

The orders are less useful, (Defense Boost is now 4 CP. Yeah, you heard me) I think so that the Musical Buffs are more useful (taking 1 CP to boost something). Gotta figure out more about the Buffs before I can talk more about how it can help.

I'll come back and dump more info as I go further, but I can already tell you it was worth every penny I spent on it.
Old 2010-09-02, 23:20   Link #836
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I'm coming out of my cave in order to say that this game is awesome.

Interestingly, either I'm much better at this than the first one or something, but I consistently get B's in the "Boss" missions and A's everywhere else. Some of the Boss missions get really difficult, which is nice.

Huge difference: You can't save anytime during a mission anymore. No more lining up perfect shots. But I like that better.

I like the dub. There's no really annoying voice, though I was afraid of Cosette's from the demo, but none of her lines have been even close to that brash. Of minor annoyance (as most of the time it's amusing) are the sounds they make when they're not reading lines, particularly when what they say aloud has little to do with what they say on the screen... but that's less to do with the VAs and more to do with poor planning.

The orders are less useful, (Defense Boost is now 4 CP. Yeah, you heard me) I think so that the Musical Buffs are more useful (taking 1 CP to boost something). Gotta figure out more about the Buffs before I can talk more about how it can help.

I'll come back and dump more info as I go further, but I can already tell you it was worth every penny I spent on it.
I am totally screwed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 23:36   Link #837
Duraccano
ehhhhh...?

Anyone here play ys 7 and VC2 yet?
...i need an opinion on which is better... because sadly i can only afford one (at the moment)

please and thank you's
Old 2010-09-03, 12:30   Link #838
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraccano View Post
...i need an opinion on which is better... because sadly i can only afford one (at the moment)

please and thank you's
Ys 7, VC2 is completely a waste of time, if you like the first one, for a lot of reasons. Hope that VC3 will bring the series back to an older audience, this academy thing feels like the series has been dumbed down for a kindergarden audience, really disappointed.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 13:50   Link #839
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraccano View Post

please and thank you's
Whichever genre you like more, natch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ys 7, VC2 is completely a waste of time, if you like the first one, for a lot of reasons. Hope that VC3 will bring the series back to an older audience, this academy thing feels like the series has been dumbed down for a kindergarden audience, really disappointed.
Have you even played it? Doesn't sound like it. While some tired tropes of school life are brought out, the school is treated more like, you know, a Military Academy than a high school. And since the school is expected to be on active duty due to the main army going all explode-y two years ago...

Then there's the gameplay improvements, though some changes are debatable, I like the changes; made it more about tactics instead of a perfect shot when going for good rankings. And I'm mostly into this series because the gameplay is so addictive.

So yeah; I'm thinking you haven't actually played it. Even if you have, you are ignoring the main reason I wanted to play it, and have been doing little else this week.
Old 2010-09-03, 20:01   Link #840
kactaplb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Trust me, VC2 is superior in every way. They took almost every complaint I had about the original, and made it better... There is no such thing as scout/alicia rushing anymore-Much to my complete surprise and misfortune. The 6 person limit on all the areas makes this much more strategic, and I found myself using and switching out my whole squad and all classes, including the tank/apc... whereas in vc1, I used like... 4 members max(alicia rush ftw), and never really used the tank. Although the orders are useless this time around. I think I remember a couple orders costing around 8 cp... and with the 6 squad limit...No. Just no.

And saying VC1 is for the older audience...

What is... I don't even...

If you don't remember what VC1 was like, this might help you. It has anime cutscenes. The characters routinely say cheesy/embarrassing lines. The entire story was a light hearted affair, with love wins all just oozing everywhere. Yes VC2 is childish, but how does a highschool setting make it any worse than vc1? It is essentially the same, the drama, the comedy, the seriousness. The standard overused jrpg archetypes are all still present. In fact, I like the cast better than in 1, which is a hard feat. I get to know them better, which is a lot better than reading a couple sentences about their past, etc, etc. The characters and settings in both games are all as about unrealistic as it gets. And that's why we love it no?

No offense but... Try playing the game before trying to sound like you know what you are talking about? I mean really, how can people possibly say they liked VC1, and say VC2 looks childish and "dumbed down". It's VC1 that feels like it's dumbed down. This is coming from someone who absolutely loved the first.

Here's to vc3 being a fusion of vc2 and persona\o/ I would love to see social links.
kactaplb is offline   Reply With Quote