AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-15, 11:07   Link #61
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ch.24 is out as well!
Spoiler for Unchain:
Spoiler:

Last edited by surerman; 2012-03-15 at 11:25.
Old 2012-03-15, 13:29   Link #62
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i was reading last chapter, and watching that boy meets boy development left me, but i have to admit that its interesting.
Old 2012-03-27, 07:53   Link #63
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for ch.27:

DAT CLIFFHANGEEEEEERRRRR!
Old 2012-03-27, 08:56   Link #64
jaisy26

Quote:
Spoiler for ch.27:

DAT CLIFFHANGEEEEEERRRRR!
I laugh so hard at that scene

Spoiler for next chapter maybe:

Last edited by jaisy26; 2012-03-27 at 10:15.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:11   Link #65
Gundamx

Hmmm I think that Uncain will fight Ratman without showing his face until he lose/die.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:11   Link #66
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Hand energy! XD
How one eats curry with chopstick? Poor Jacky
Damn it, they should have their own spin-off. They're too awesome XD
Old 2012-04-11, 05:19   Link #67
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

New chapter...
Spoiler for #27:
Old 2012-04-11, 07:23   Link #68
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Finally ch 27 has come out. I can't wait to read the next chapter since only up to ch 27 has been published in Thai when I was there.
Old 2012-04-11, 08:43   Link #69
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Finally, next chap the fight scene...Also now a question popped up, what is the S-gene? I know its something to do with Shining man but thats it
Old 2012-04-11, 12:23   Link #70
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Finally, next chap the fight scene...Also now a question popped up, what is the S-gene? I know its something to do with Shining man but thats it
That and apparently Shooto has it.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:08   Link #71
Velsy

I know I am only up to chapter 12 now. But I've become so dissapointed. I thought the heros in this manga were going to be corrupt. Was the main reason I was reading.... Sif those Aiba girls wouldnt of stolen the stolen goods from him! Was kinda hoping that he had become the villian so he could shape those heros up, I guess not. Well least the Jackies are still amusing.
Old 2012-04-13, 11:11   Link #72
XFire
150% done

Isn't it more interesting if their are people on both sides who are good and bad? That way, instead of just going "I'll crush the bad guys!", Shoto has to figure out what is going on for real, while at the same time trying to remain a real hero true to his ideals.
Old 2012-04-13, 12:24   Link #73
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Isn't it more interesting if their are people on both sides who are good and bad? That way, instead of just going "I'll crush the bad guys!", Shoto has to figure out what is going on for real, while at the same time trying to remain a real hero true to his ideals.
I just wished the battle scenes were better.
The author doesn't seem to know how to draw a battle sequence.
At least the story isn't bad, wich saves the manga for me.
Old 2012-04-13, 12:33   Link #74
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
I just wished the battle scenes were better.
The author doesn't seem to know how to draw a battle sequence.
At least the story isn't bad, wich saves the manga for me.
The story + the unique concept that holds my interest and I agree that the battle scenes are not on the same level as the story, but I am holding out for it later on when the protagonist is more experiences (after this arc maybe).

Regarding the heroines, it seem the senpai (find annoying) is a person he respects/admires and Mirea is the one he loves. -> I can see the set-up, but there isn't many strong moments between Shuto + Mirea. Its more like Mirea crush > Shuto. Not very equal grounds for me to ship >_<
Old 2012-04-13, 14:29   Link #75
Velsy

I think I am dropping this one. Had enough reading it

He lost his first battle.. and of all things hes given up. He's never trained, never tries hard, all hes done all his life is dream of being a hero and pretend to do there moves, no effort at all. Without ratmans power hes just a weakling who gets beaten up by school bullies. I apoligize if anyone likes the guy, but he just a uesless guy thats all talk and dreams. He cant even use his own strength.

If you look at Rio whos had the same mineset of becoming a hero since she was small. She trains when she can, she tries hard, she actively shows inititive, She even uses a tracker device to get to the scenes on her own strength. Yet in the end shes not allowed to become a hero. To me, she shows more heroism than he ever will. Hell when she first met Ratman, it scared the shit out of her. But shes been able to put that fear behind her ever since. Her protiental is far more superior than his.

Guess thats why ima drop it, had enough of his hero wannabe talk. Giving up is one my biggest no no's for a hero. I really liked Mirea too. Was curious to what role she would start playing later into the manga. The Jackies were pretty harlious too. I mean, they appeared stupid and silly, but they were quite resourceful.
Old 2012-04-13, 15:19   Link #76
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

1. He does train later on, maybe just a few more chapters pass 12

2. Getting beat-up by bullies and not having the strength to do it, makes him less generic than every other series. We don't want a overconfident bastard all the time.

3. Rio will always be physically stronger than the protagonist (human form). Its like comparing a bed ridden lung cancer kid to the the high school basketball ace. Heroism isn't purely relying on power. Have you notice the way the series portray few of the rank A heroes and their motivation toward being a hero? They only want money first, which contradicts being a hero morally.

Secondly this ain't kung-fu series, the majority of the heroes use tech. Not sure why your comparing the protagonist w/o his armor to Rio who has been training and growing up daily with heroes.

Can yo u remind me when the protagonist was giving up being a hero? You might got it the wrong way. He is continuing to be Ratman to project his own ideals of what a hero is.
Old 2012-04-13, 17:04   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
he just a useless guy that's all talk and dreams. He cant even use his own strength.
He can't be all talk and dreams when he has already saved people...and Ratman is his own strength, directly related to his S-genes.
Quote:
Can you remind me when the protagonist was giving up being a hero?
Don't think he ever did...
Old 2012-04-13, 18:27   Link #78
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
1. He does train later on, maybe just a few more chapters pass 12

2. Getting beat-up by bullies and not having the strength to do it, makes him less generic than every other series. We don't want a overconfident bastard all the time.

3. Rio will always be physically stronger than the protagonist (human form). Its like comparing a bed ridden lung cancer kid to the the high school basketball ace. Heroism isn't purely relying on power. Have you notice the way the series portray few of the rank A heroes and their motivation toward being a hero? They only want money first, which contradicts being a hero morally.

Secondly this ain't kung-fu series, the majority of the heroes use tech. Not sure why your comparing the protagonist w/o his armor to Rio who has been training and growing up daily with heroes.

Can yo u remind me when the protagonist was giving up being a hero? You might got it the wrong way. He is continuing to be Ratman to project his own ideals of what a hero is.
Hes just gave the watch and stuff back to Crea, and doesnt want to do it anymore. I call that giving up, the going got tough, he lost a battle and now hes given up. Then picks some fights and gets beaten up at school. Not the mentallity I expected from a *true* hero.

Main point with Rio, is that shes putting in effort. Trains, trys hard. Someone whos even not allowed to become a hero, shes doing everthing possible for that dream. Whats he done in the past? Sit around watching videos of heros, reading comic books and dreams all day. Hes got to realize being a hero isnt about puting on a cape and relying on his borrowed power. Or maybe thats just my definition of heros.

I guess after loosing that battle agaisnt a pro hero, hes the type who calls it quits. Crea fairly gave him a chance to legitly pull out of the program. But he didnt take it. Now he quits out of the blue. Guess its not my taste :/

Maybe if he just moped around in depression, it wouldnt of bothered me much (expected after a loss) but the fact he quit doesnt sit well with me.

Quote:
He can't be all talk and dreams when he has already saved people...and Ratman is his own strength, directly related to his S-genes.

Don't think he ever did...
True, he saved the camera person, but then why did he quit? and its borrowed power he got from Jackall. Well thats my understand of it? Its not his own ability.

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-04-13 at 18:40.
Old 2012-04-13, 18:44   Link #79
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Hes just gave him watch and stuff back to Crea, and doesnt want to do it anymore. I call that giving up, the going got tough, he lost a battle and now hes given up. Then picks some fights and gets beaten up at school. Not the mentallity I expected from a *true* hero.

Main point with Rio, is that shes putting in effort. Trains, trys hard. Someone whos even not allowed to become a hero, shes doing everthing possible for that dream. Whats he done in the past? Sit around watching videos of heros, reading comic books and dreams all day. Hes got to realize being a hero isnt about puting on a cape and relying on his borrowed power.

I guess after loosing that battle agaisnt a pro hero, hes the type who calls it quits. Crea fairly gave him a chance to legitly pull out of the program. But he didnt take it. Now he quits out of the blue. Guess its not my taste :/

True, he saved the camera person, but then why did he quit? and tts borrowed power he got from Jackall. Well thats my understand of it? Its not like heros (I am into season 4) where they come with there own abilities.

As far as I know, you're gonna end up be reading into some more new manga with MC's having to face their problems when it gets too much. It is annoyingly common, you never know unless you read it, maybe it's not your taste, but for some people consider this stuff ok as it is supposed to be a part of character development, we tend to question into this crud too much. Some people do get tired of reading books where someone ups and quits for the time being before learning the same ol lesson to get them back in the whole thing.

I don't find this annoying enough to drop this manga yet, because for all I know, just dropping manga won't do much if I'm gonna run into another manga with the same situation, and keep hoping for another unique manga to come around. I have to chalk up to the facts that despite some difference from some manga, there tends to be some stuff that some all find to be getting on our nerves but it's supposed to make darn sure that the character has some development....

Hating the character itself for the way he was created in the manga won't do much of anything, except what the character does in the story to make us feel any kind of emotion towards him or her. Did that make any sense...?

Shooto is one of many kinds of MC's who doesn't have much going on for him or him because of their height, and their current state of their on strength (which mostly likely sucks), and etc., and they end up getting a new power suddenly, then face a lot of situations that makes them think twice.

If it's not your taste, I understand. Me, I'm gonna read this thing to the end.

Anyway, I'm choosing to stick around with this manga after I was done with author's Murder Princess and see its way through to the end.
Old 2012-04-19, 02:57   Link #80
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Ch 28 is out...
Wonder how Shooto will win this fight. He already got beaten and even if he can turn the situation Shiki/Unchain is pretty much Hulk, he'll get stronger when the opponent corners him.