AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 01:21   Link #261
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I pretty much tell anyone I love/watch anime whenever people ask me about my likes or interests without a second thought. I don't tell people I watch ecchi material and stuff related to that though.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:31   Link #262
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i mostly avoid telling people that i watch anime, many people around think that it is cartoons and kiddish stuff, and if i tell anyone openly that i watch anime, they will make fun of it, so i don't
Old 2012-08-02, 10:03   Link #263
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

I don't hide the fact that I love anime,But I will begin to talked about it when I'm sure that people that I talked with have a knowledge in anime a bit.But about the conversation??...I have to try and adapt the interests so I could talked to them a bit more fluently.
Glad that I was research in many type of anime before.(I'm used to write a blog about it.)

Well, it still rarely to see people who have the same level and watch many non-mainstream anime like me in real life.They read manga more.T^T
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 07:15   Link #264
Liddo-kun
is this so?

To a person I've just met, I won't tell right away.
But eventually the truth will come out. I often tell a person after knowing for a week or two. With a quick but semi-detailed explanation on the kinds of anime that I like (True Tears, Madoka Magica, etc.).

All people who work at the office where I work know I'm an anime fan.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 07:23   Link #265
gsilver

I talk about it like any other hobby, which is to say I'll mention it, but unless the person I'm talking to is interested about it specifically, I don't go into detail. There's also a big difference between the "watch one show a year" fan and the "anime is my life" fan.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:28   Link #266
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Only if the subject come up in a conversation, but if there my friend or becoming my friend sooner or later they will find out I love anime.

And no, I don't tell people I watch Shounen ai or anything related or similar because most of my family would question me, since most of them are religious >_< but my intermediate family kind likes anime because of me though lols

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 01:55   Link #267
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It's not the type of thing that naturally comes up in conversation.

"Is Brees going to pull a Chris Johnson?"

"Who cares? More importantly, guys, by the way, I watch anime."

But, I certainly don't hide it if people are over at my place hanging out, and have turned plenty of my male friends on to anime over the years. Some popular gateway shows that have tended to get friends of mine interested enough to seek out anime on their own are:

Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Outlaw Star
Eureka Seven

It's especially a good idea not to start off with anime that kind of requires having some otaku knowledge to 'get'.

Interestingly, I don't believe I've ever turned a female friend over to anime. At least, not seriously. I don't really count those who've gone on to watch only Gibhli shows as having turned on to anime, for instance. Most of my moderately serious girlfriends over the years have at least tried to get into it, to humor me if nothing else, but while some have enjoyed a show here and there, I don't believe any ever got to the point where they'd go and watch any on their own. Which is fine. They suffer with a smile through marathoning Macross with me. I suffer with a smile Gilmore Girls marathons.

I have, however, and continue to have, female friends who were already into anime before I met them.

I'm not sure if there's something to be read into that.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 09:13   Link #268
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Whenever I see someone who's takes a like to anime material, I usually tell the same stuff. Even though I sometimes watch ecchi animes, I don't tell that to anyone.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 18:10   Link #269
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
I do but I only tell them I watch cool looking shows like FMA,deathnote,darker than black etc. I never tell people I watch cute or ecchi anime shows it would ruin my image
Hahaha. That's exactly what I do. One of my good friends told me he watched a very ecchi anime and I gave him a hard time for it. Though he did say the ecchi stuff did have the best story. I never expected him to watch this particular show though. He's one of my best friends so knowing he watched it doesn't really tamper with my image of him. And I've never told any one else about this as I think it would ruin his image somewhat. There really are some shallow people in the world...

But yeah, general rule of thumb is I tell people I watch anime but have only seen the cooler looking stuff (ie no romances like Clannad or animes that look like chick-flicks).
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:33   Link #270
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I never tell anyone, most people I know don't watch it, unfortunately. For the ones that do, they only watch one or two of the mainstream ones.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:27   Link #271
KimbaWLion

Send a message via AIM to KimbaWLion
If you walk in my house you see my Anime cels and posters. You go in my basement you see 15 pachinko machines with anime themes. You see my 100s and 100s of anime dvds, you see my Anime OSTs and posters. When people ask me what I like I tell them. :-)

I get called a freak of nature. That works for me :-) My 19 year old daughter will always think that but she forgets how she use to watch Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Wedding Peach as well as Sailormoon...

If your not good she will CURE you too
KimbaWLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:38   Link #272
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did you have an anime wedding theme as well?
Old 2012-08-09, 10:22   Link #273
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimbaWLion View Post
If you walk in my house you see my Anime cels and posters. You go in my basement you see 15 pachinko machines with anime themes. You see my 100s and 100s of anime dvds, you see my Anime OSTs and posters. When people ask me what I like I tell them. :-)

I get called a freak of nature. That works for me :-) My 19 year old daughter will always think that but she forgets how she use to watch Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Wedding Peach as well as Sailormoon...
'Dis guy got cash money $$$
Old 2012-08-11, 17:49   Link #274
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Hmmm... I only tell people I watch anime if they ask me or if I see that they're also into anime.
Not everybody has the same interest as me anyway, especially in med school... Well, except I did meet a few who are anime fans too, and a couple of true blue otakus.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 19:31   Link #275
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hmmm... yup!!! But not direct saying it.... Just trying to know if they watch cartoons at home... then progress slowly into anime..... Some anime lovers are kinda soloist.... But they love a discussion...

I did it many times... and I found three of them who likes anime in my hospital.. all females...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:01   Link #276
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Oh yeah, I do. It's nothing I feel the need to hide or feel nervous about when bringing it up in a conversation.

Of course, I don't talk about it daily to others. If people go "What are you up to" I say "I'm just watching some anime" or if they ask "What kind of things do you like?" and i'll happily reply "I enjoy watching anime". I wont necessarily bring it up randomly to start a conversation or small talk, because I know that most of the people around me aren't into anime (Unfortunately)
Old 2012-08-12, 08:06   Link #277
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Only if they ask me then i will.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:10   Link #278
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Only if they ask me then i will.
Otherwise, nobody cares what you watch and like.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:12   Link #279
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Exactly.I'm aware that their are people who thinks that anime are for f*gs or shit like that.That is why i don't share stuff about anime that much.Unless if he/she is also an anime fan.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:12   Link #280
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

If someone is talking anime or brings up the topic, I usually join in then. But I hardly ever share that with other people considering the stereotypes that comes with it.