AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-19, 18:59   Link #9721
Kurohane

^ There are very few parodies I watch, and I know for a fact Gundam Seed will not be one of them. I don't want to watch people make jokes about things that aren't funny by using their misinterpretations of the series that I have great displeasure seeing repeated over and over on any site related to it.

I'm watching the latest episode, and while scrolling down the comments, Nataku is spamming again. I have a feeling Nataku on Youtube was Destined Fate here, because he debates the exact same way. If he is, that would make so much sense.
Old 2013-10-19, 21:30   Link #9722
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnes View Post
Hey I found this new Gundam Seed Parody. It's pretty good, in my opinion. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4L2dFoUysU
The link goes to the TFS DBZA parody.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 00:41   Link #9723
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I'm watching the latest episode, and while scrolling down the comments, Nataku is spamming again. I have a feeling Nataku on Youtube was Destined Fate here, because he debates the exact same way. If he is, that would make so much sense.
He's not. DF on Youtube and elsewhere goes by Sasuke EX. Nataku is a whole other problem, but I'm taking solace from the fact that just about everyone hates him now regardless of his opinions because of his constant spamming.

Also that parody link is for DBZ Abrdiged, and I'm pretty sure the guy posted it is spamming because he's claimed the same link is abridged for another series as well.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:25   Link #9724
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

He can't be any worse than, say, D-KLAC, WackyModder84, or /m/?
Old 2013-10-20, 08:26   Link #9725
Lagnes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7MxNQtks0

That's the correct link for the Gundam Seed Parody
Lagnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 21:52   Link #9726
monster

Aw, a little Kira-Murrue scene in this episode, and more in the next. I'll take that over nipple and panty shots any time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:16   Link #9727
Skye629

How close are we to Berlin now guys (episode count)? I have not been watching due to my lack of interest (and surging interest in GBF)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:36   Link #9728
Aquaman OS

This week is episode 31. Berlin, episode 32 is next week.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:52   Link #9729
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
This week is episode 31. Berlin, episode 32 is next week.
Ah kk, thnx! Gonna prep the popcorn XD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 22:09   Link #9730
quagmire

At least they didn't do any remastering of Neo's shower scene. Phew....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 22:42   Link #9731
Deadpool2000

Seeing this episode always makes me wonder... What's up with the PLANTS' media? Is it all run by Rupert Murdoch?

The amount of favoritism Durandal gives to the woman he is banging (and she may be having an affair at that) is absurd. How is the media not jumping on this?
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 22:54   Link #9732
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC it was intentional that the media give the Minerva and its captain and crew such attention; he's trying to make them the "heroes of ZAFT", or something to that effect. That's why the Minerva's spearheading all ZAFT's efforts in the war.
Old 2013-10-25, 20:03   Link #9733
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Seeing this episode always makes me wonder... What's up with the PLANTS' media? Is it all run by Rupert Murdoch?

The amount of favoritism Durandal gives to the woman he is banging (and she may be having an affair at that) is absurd. How is the media not jumping on this?
It's probably all controlled by Durundal anyway. His ability to pardon Shinn and Rey from treason, which is as stated by Talia as almost guaranteed death , shows he can do whatever he wants.

Of course, the first thing Shinn does when he gets out is go be a jerk at Athrun. Shinn, I am disappoint.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:50   Link #9734
Kurohane

^ We all know what that attitude gets him though.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:02   Link #9735
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ We all know what that attitude gets him though.
Ya, the most advanced Gundam ZAFT had, the Destiny Gundam.

(Although Athrun in IJ did have his revenge. )
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 00:32   Link #9736
monster

Nice one, Murrue. It's too bad Mu will be returning, ugh.

On a different topic:

Apparently there is someone in the YouTube comments that is saying that it's impossible for Kira to survive 3 explosions. I don't even know where this person get the number 3 from, but apparently this person doesn't seem to realize that the cockpits of the Strike in SEED and the Freedom in Destiny were nearly intact. The SEED incident even has an Astray explanation for the opened cockpit. Additionally, Kira has been proven to have a tough body. So as long as Kira wasn't hit directly by the explosion, it is not an impossibility to survive given the above factors.
Old 2013-10-26, 00:49   Link #9737
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's too bad Mu will be returning, ugh.

Apparently there is someone in the YouTube comments that is saying that it's impossible for Kira to survive 3 explosions. I don't even know where this person get the number 3 from
Are you trying to start a flamewar with this subject? and what you have against Mwu? he's easily the best natural in the show.
Old 2013-10-26, 00:50   Link #9738
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Nice one, Murrue. It's too bad Mu will be returning, ugh.

On a different topic:

Apparently there is someone in the YouTube comments that is saying that it's impossible for Kira to survive 3 explosions. I don't even know where this person get the number 3 from, but apparently this person doesn't seem to realize that the cockpits of the Strike in SEED and the Freedom in Destiny were nearly intact. The SEED incident even has an Astray explanation for the opened cockpit. Additionally, Kira has been proven to have a tough body. So as long as Kira wasn't hit directly by the explosion, it is not an impossibility to survive given the above factors.
I've seen some people claim that the Providence exploding in Seed should have killed him. So that's probably the third one he's referring to.

I find it funny though how people make such a big deal out it with Kira when he's not even the first character in gundam to survive something he shouldn't have.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 01:18   Link #9739
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
Are you trying to start a flamewar with this subject?
Huh? I wasn't insulting anybody.
Quote:
and what you have against Mwu? he's easily the best natural in the show.
I don't hate him, I just don't think he should've been revived. That said, I was just playing around here since I wanted Kira and Murrue to be together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Griffin View Post
I've seen some people claim that the Providence exploding in Seed should have killed him. So that's probably the third one he's referring to.
I see. Well, if a point-blank explosion from the Aegis couldn't destroy a Phase-Shifted Strike, the Freedom, who actually backed away from the Providence, would certainly have no problem with it.
Quote:
I find it funny though how people make such a big deal out it with Kira when he's not even the first character in gundam to survive something he shouldn't have.
Well, even if he was, it still shouldn't matter as Kira was still not directly hit with any explosion.
Old 2013-10-26, 01:18   Link #9740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Admittedly, the G.E.N.E.S.I.S. misfire should've completely destroyed the Freedom as well as the Providence. The Providence is much more heavily armored than the Freedom (it was supposedly designed initially as a heavy-armor close-quarters-combat mobile suit, and the DRAGOONs were retrofitted onto it later), and it still blew up from the nuclear blast.

The Aegis' explosion could've been handled better. Sure, Astray explained it with an absurd back-up hatch, but not everyone's read Astray and wouldn't know this, so for a lot of people, it's a plot hole, as is his arrival at Malchio's.

Ironically it's the Impulse's destroying Freedom that has the least problems in explaining Kira's survival, as the cockpit clearly survives, but again, you'd think the Freedom would've disintegrated entirely in its explosion.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep