AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 21:56   Link #1
deadlights911

Visual Novels like Katawa Shoujo

I'm wondering if there are any more touching high school romances like Katawa Shoujo. Something preferably with no H-content or at least giving me the option to turn it off.

Katawa Shoujo is the only visual novel I have tried so feel free to give me any suggestions just so long as it meets my requirements. Thanks
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 22:23   Link #2
chocolatemilkgod
The "Insane" Biochemist

Key is very well known for it's high school romance stories. For example, Clannad, Rewrite and Little Busters were made by them. Keep in mind that they often have other themes as well, but romance with different heroines in different routes is a major part. I recommend all three of those as they are very well done and exactly what you're looking for. Both Clannad and Rewrite are all-ages. LB has several iterations, but only one version is currently translated, and it's also all-age.

You could of course try something like Muv Luv which starts out as a rom-com, but it's fairly cliche in it's content (at least until the second part, but it's not really a highschool romance anymore - the third part called Muv Luv Alternative is among the best visual novels of all time, but definitely not for the reasons that you're looking for). Also, it's not all age, so probably not to your liking anyway (just a crackpot idea )
chocolatemilkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 02:34   Link #3
XGeneral2000

To be completely honest, I don't know if I've seen anything quite like Katawa Shoujo. There was an element to it that I haven't really seen in any other VN I've read, and I think part of it is because it is made by Westerners and written in English. I've read many VNs I've enjoyed, but none in quite the way I enjoyed KS.

That said, I don't mean to say you won't find anything else you like. Clannad might be worth looking into, though it is quite long.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 09:35   Link #4
ChihiroAoi
Yamada

katawa shoujo is my first and favorite VN :] but like you I can't find similar to it ...but try

Ever 17 : out of infinity - not really similar but this is my second VN and I liked it :]

Note : Currently playing
ChihiroAoi is offline   Reply With Quote