AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 19:33   Link #1
MrTibbers

[PC] League of Legends

League of Legends is a MOBA style game made by Riot games which includes the creators of Dota Allstars Guinsoo, the creator of the dota allstars forums, Pendragon, the once legendary SC player Zileas, and many others.

If you liked the game dota, I'm sure you'll like the game League of Legends.

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b4e623a8ea09

sign up there to try the game out. If you don't like it/want to discuss it, then let's talk here=).
MrTibbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 03:28   Link #2
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I play this game on european server (french) and it's a good game in my opinion.

So what is good and bad in this game for me:

+:

-Free to play
-Teamplay with use of grasses which is very interesting for gank. I play this game with Mumble, it's good to play with a good team.
-Various Heroes with different abilities
-Evolution's feeling with the permanent avatar: invoker (buy new heroes, buy runes, choses abilities and spells)
-matchmaking (ok it doesn't work very well here -_-)
-It's fun
-good atmosphere
-You can reconnect a game if you left a game
-strategy (push, backdooring, gank etc...)

-:

-No deny like it was in Dota so it need less skills for the player in my opinion, we only focus on last hit and destroy the ennemy towers
-the graphic, I don't really like the graphic' choice. Heroes aren't really cool, when you compare with Magina, Traxex, Mordred from Dota/W3.
-The fact that your avatar (invoker) evolve is a bit unequal. Ok we have matchmaking but it's not "fair". People doesn't start a game with same stats...
It looks a bit "unfair". And the Rune system etc... is a bit "lame". I prefer the Dota system, more "fair".
-Some people will not like the system: 8 heroes per week, but I think it 's cool to learn them and after buy one of them. But 1 week to test 8 heroes is a bit short in my opinion, and some heroes cost 6300 gold!
-You must pay real money for skins etc... but well it is understandable.
-Sometimes it's confused (action)
-there are some bugs, it's a bit annoying sometimes

So LoL is a good Dota-like (MOBA) in my opinion. I move out from Dota to Lol. Well perhaps I will return on Dota soon , but I really like Lol.
Old 2010-05-13, 03:50   Link #3
jedinat

It's pretty much the only PC game I play anymore... well, I guess I get on M&B: Warband every once in a while. I don't play LoL all that often either, but it's what we get on when my cousin and I have nothing better to do. I only play ranged heroes, mostly Tristana.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:36   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm not a big DOTA's fan but my bro really like it and pratically he play it .

I will add some more - :

- Like all DOTA , if you're a noob/starter , people will messing around you and will talk shit .
- If you're doing something wrong too .

- So , play very well ..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:48   Link #5
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The famous: "Noob!!! Noob team! F*cking noob, you feed them"
You're right but everyone was a noob one day .
Old 2010-09-24, 02:29   Link #6
Albafica
Pisces no saint

So nobody plays LoL?

We have a new hero! A good assist hero. Now we had Soraka, Taric, Janna and Sona!

Yeah you know what is the model of this character no?

Old 2010-09-24, 07:56   Link #7
killer3000ad

There's already quite enough drama on the official LoL forums, what with the endless NERF <insert champion name> threads running about. Of late there's been an influx of threads complaining about boob sizes and how every female champion save for the yordels and Kayle, have triple D boobs.

Besides that, i am looking forward to watching the stream event for the WCG World Finals in early Oct. Go CLG!
Old 2010-09-25, 06:41   Link #8
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well League of Legends is a Dota-like, there are some similarities between these 2 games. But maps are differents, heroes, items too.
I played Dota, and Lol is really different.

By the way, here the trailer of the game (season 1):

Old 2010-09-25, 08:23   Link #9
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker024 View Post
what is the difference of league of legends and dota allstars
Some of the guys who worked on DoTA started up Riot Games and made League of Legends. In theory it's more or less the same, you select a champion, choose a lane, kill creeps, farm gold, build items for your champion, then go gank the other team. LoL is free to play, with a weekly rotation of free champions. You earn Influence Points (IP) when you win games and you can use this as currency to buy champions and runes. Alternatively, you can use real world money to purchase Riot Points(RP) which you can use to buy champions and skins. Really, if you aren't interested in the alternate champion skins, you'll never have to fork out any cash for this game.

If you've played DoTA then LoL will be familiar to you. Just don't bet on the community.
Old 2010-11-05, 01:49   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, after many months, I finally decided to check out LoL. First impression: is this DotA all over again? Well, apparently not!
+ No need for battlenet etc. to play with others.
+ A quite large item list and a good menu for them.
+ You can shop while dead and see how you died.
+ Tough creeps. DotA 4v4 and over was deciding on a carry and let him farm till their HP regen or avoid hit crazy levels.
+ Inhibitors respawn, which means you can turn a game around at the very last second (did it yesterday, although we lost for 2 seconds, it was a lot of fun).
+ A wide variety of heroes to choose from, some have cool strategic ways to play them.
+ Spell vamp gives mages a much needed boost.
+ Summoner skills really can change the outcome of a small brawl, fair cooldowns too.
+ Base teleport, a quite useful little button for those tired of coughing up precious money for town portal scrolls.
+ Runes and mastery offer the chance for competitive gameplay between tanks, nukes, assassins, etc.

- You have to unlock heroes as you're playing, I get the feeling that many people just stick to a favourite and don't explore the others as freely as in DotA.
- Ganking gives INSANE amounts of money (I've seen up to +1000 gold for stopping a rampage), players are encouraged to bully newbies.
- Runes and mastery also discourage people from having a large repertoire of heroes at their disposal. The bonuses are too small to actually make a difference at first, but on higher levels I suppose people amass their points into one tree for max benefits.
- I can't seem to find the ally chat I take it I'm only given half a min before battle?
- So many leavers, I ended up having to turn a 1v3 of what originally started as 5v5.

Anyways, I'll be active for a while, I'm playing on the EU server so if anyone wants to have a match, leave me a message.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-05 at 07:11.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 07:21   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
- You have to unlock heroes as you're playing, I get the feeling that many people just stick to a favourite and don't explore the others as freely as in DotA.
- Ganking gives INSANE amounts of money (I've seen up to +1000 gold for stopping a rampage), players are encouraged to bully newbies.
- Runes and mastery also discourage people from having a large repertoire of heroes at their disposal. The bonuses are too small to actually make a difference at first, but on higher levels I suppose people amass their points into one tree for max benefits.
- I can't seem to find the ally chat I take it I'm only given half a min before battle?
- So many leavers, I ended up having to turn a 1v3 of what originally started as 5v5.

Anyways, I'll be active for a while, I'm playing on the EU server so if anyone wants to have a match, leave me a message.
Something I think I should clarify:
- Each week there is a rotation of free heroes for people to try out and decide which one they'd love to buy. I priority favorite champions above Rune, so I still only use the same 2 pages rune for every champions .
- If the same player keep dying, the bounty gets lower (heck, I once reach 90 golds after the 7th deaths). Feeding doesn't give your opponents an edge as high as in DotA/LoL, but still, don't try feeding .
- I'm pretty sure I can do well without mastery or runes (you know, there was a time it's bugging that I couldn't save my mastery). It only give you an addition advantage, where in higher level it does actually matter, but still only a bit.
- I'm not sure which ally chat you mentioned, because you can talk to your team when choosing champion and throughout the whole game. Unless you're talking about voice chat, then it's not been implemented yet (still, I prefer Skype over in-game voice chat, as when I played HoN).
- They are develop anti-leaver system at the moment. It has been addressed so many times, so all we can do now is waiting.

Btw, if you ever want to set foot to NA server, then give me a call, DSveno ^^. I couldn't play in EU server because of the lagging, though.

P.S: Even though the pace of the game make me feel like the community of LoL is better than HoN/DotA (people are actually helping each other, participating in team combat, pushing when needed), it's not something to bragging about, because retards and assholes are everywhere, and LoL is no exception.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:06   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ About chat: while in-game, allied chat is the one I can't find. I assume we're just talking in [All] mode through the entire run.
Quote:
I couldn't play in EU server because of the lagging, though.
Unfortunately the same goes for me
Quote:
- Each week there is a rotation of free heroes for people to try out and decide which one they'd love to buy. I priority favorite champions above Rune, so I still only use the same 2 pages rune for every champions .
Can you link this week's champion rotation? I'm kinda lost trying to figure out which ones I [own] and which ones I can actually buy (I believe it's 0/0 right now...).
An extra remark: the game does promote synergy and cooperation more than DotA/HoN, because there's a lot of abilities that can be used on allies (even ultimates and summoner heal), and ofc there's the tall grass :P
Quote:
- They are develop anti-leaver system at the moment. It has been addressed so many times, so all we can do now is waiting.
I got bonus exp for not leaving in 20 successful games xD
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 09:30   Link #13
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't know about EU, but I assume the same rotation goes for both server:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...isplay.php?f=9

search for "New Free Champion Rotation" thread, the rotation get changed each week on Tuesday.

About the chat, you only need to enter to bring up the allies chat.
Old 2010-11-05, 09:44   Link #14
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I don't seem to have the leaver problem that everyone has. I've never had more than 2 leavers in a game, and when I do have one, it's usually one.

To explain the chat thing, you always talk in allied chat by default. You talk in global chat by typing /all [text], holding shift when you press enter to bring up the chat box, or pressing Send All on the bottom of the chat box.

People on the forums talk about the difference between regional metagames a lot. What are the differences? Apparently the US is AoE teams, but I wouldn't know.

Also, if anyone wants to play with me, I'm LifesLemons on the US server. I'm not that good though.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 10:17   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I don't seem to have the leaver problem that everyone has. I've never had more than 2 leavers in a game, and when I do have one, it's usually one.
One is usually enough to bring your whole team down, leading to the loss, unless the opponent is incompetent.
Old 2010-11-05, 16:32   Link #16
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
One is usually enough to bring your whole team down, leading to the loss, unless the opponent is incompetent.
Yeah, but if you have a really strong player, one player going down is probably replaceable with that strong player. I brought my team (who were losing the battle) to complete victory after I got chain combos of kills from the other team. It was surprising actually

Other then that, I love the switch between heroes each week, brings something new to me every week, instead of having to play the same hero over and over
Old 2010-11-05, 18:06   Link #17
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well it depends how your opponent play. Generally at Lv30 , both team are good and know the game enough , there are no strong player , the victory results on teamwork ,mistakes, micro, leaver or disconnection/reco ,amount of feeder .... at least that what i analyze when i watch my bro playing .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 21:44   Link #18
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well it depends how your opponent play. Generally at Lv30 , both team are good and know the game enough , there are no strong player , the victory results on teamwork ,mistakes, micro, leaver or disconnection/reco ,amount of feeder .... at least that what i analyze when i watch my bro playing .
That's right. At higher Elo (about 1500 or above), it's almost impossible to win with only 4 people against 5.

I'd have played Poppy more if it's not because of the official art . Thankfully I found this.
Delicious Annie <3.
Old 2010-11-05, 21:47   Link #19
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I found Annie so far, as the hardest character to play.. I could never really get kills with her, but could get some kills with any other character, even if I'm new at them.. Maybe its just that starter thing, or maybe my style is just not for Annie
Old 2010-11-05, 22:03   Link #20
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Annie should easily get a kill once you get lvl 6. Charge your pyromania so your next spell stuns, flash --> tibbers --> disintigrate --> fire cone --> ignite. Against non-tanks, that should net you a kill.

Hardest mage to play IMO is Anivia, particularly her wall. The margin of error is so thin in that either you wall your intended target in for the kill, or you wall out your entire team out so that your target escapes. Insta-gib annie is easy in comparison to her.

So sad no Nanoha skin on Lux though. I mean, she has equivalents for Restrict Lock, Barrier Jacket, Starlight Breaker, and Divine Buster... now she only has to look the part. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol