AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 10:49   Link #2141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Blizzard should make better use of their game launcher. The news is so outdated and could have helped if they put the server status on it. Nobody reads the forum and for your sanity sake, you probably shouldn't either
Yeah, that's the point. I don't WANT to go to the official forums, it's not a nice place.
Old 2012-05-29, 11:42   Link #2142
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I will complain whenever I become unable to play a single player game on my own computer at a time of my own choosing. This is my right to do so for as long as I play this game.
God gave humanity a divine right to just complain about things and no one should take that from us!!!!

On the other hand, I'm actually at work during the time this is taking place so it's not like I actually care. Hmm.... Aw well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 12:00   Link #2143
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/29/di...gendary-items/
Quote:
54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
Dam straight, female characters for the win.
Old 2012-05-29, 12:07   Link #2144
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That's weird, Skane has a diffrent view on that XD
Ak3mi I bet all your champions are girls.

and big woop, was that really nessisary to post? I mean its 50% thats good.... If it were 80 or 90% playing females, I'd have to wonder... Why? XD the models are not sexy, theres no fanservice armor and the view is terrible for those butt starers.

(I mean the page you linked, was it nessisary of them to point that out? )
Old 2012-05-29, 12:31   Link #2145
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/29/di...gendary-items/

Dam straight, female characters for the win.
Well,they just plain look and sound better in D3. Except for the female Barbarian

My own main Wizard is a female, which makes shooting down Lyndon a joy

I did roll my Monk as a male though, just so I can hear the male side of the equation. And he sound suitably badass

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 14:42   Link #2146
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well,they just plain look and sound better in D3. Except for the female Barbarian

My own main Wizard is a female, which makes shooting down Lyndon a joy

I did roll my Monk as a male though, just so I can hear the male side of the equation. And he sound suitably badass
What's wrong with a female burberry and she looks perfect for the class , were you expecting some skinny chick?

All the other classes look and sound perfect. The female monk sounds a little weird but that's not much.

I think you guys just can't help it. Lol
Old 2012-05-29, 14:48   Link #2147
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What's wrong with a female burberry and she looks perfect for the class , were you expecting some skinny chick?

All the other classes look and sound perfect. The female monk sounds a little weird but that's not much.

I think you guys just can't help it. Lol
My personal take on the genders...

Female:
Barbarian: Death by Snu-Snu
Demon Hunter: Dark Girl
Monk: Ice Queen
Witch Doctor: Just to complete the fifth pair.
Wizard: Crazy Bitch

Male:
Barbarian: Cranky Gramps
Demon Hunter: Emo Hunter
Monk: Kenshiro
Witch Doctor: The Voodoo
Wizard: Smug asshat

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-29, 15:12   Link #2148
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Male Wizard isn't a ass hat to innocent people and GOD did i KNOW you were gonna say Snu-snu XD

Did you start a DH yet and listen to the intro? If that doesn't cause emoish stuff, what else does? and I mean the understandable emo, not Wuaah I have no friends, Emo.
Old 2012-05-29, 15:16   Link #2149
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I only have 1 character so far, which is a female witch doctor, didn't like the look of the male. PC gamer just copied those stats off the blizzard page.
Old 2012-05-29, 15:51   Link #2150
DuoRanger
Banned

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...hat-never-was/
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 16:02   Link #2151
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
My personal take on the genders...

Female:
Barbarian: Death by Snu-Snu
I'm laughing way more than I should XD

Spoiler for personal opinion:
Old 2012-05-29, 16:25   Link #2152
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I pick female characters for the same reason I pick female avatars. However, I didn't find any of the male avatars particularly interesting either. Except the male witch doctor whose icon sorta looks like dhalsim. The Necro or Paladin from D2 was a lot cooler.

Also, I'm really annoyed that Blizzard's approach to nerfing unintended things is to nerf them to the point of worthlessness. This wasn't the first time... What the hell is the point of smokescreen? Or sc2 reapers which went from overpowered to an occasional appearance.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 18:54   Link #2153
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I pick female characters for the same reason I pick female avatars. However, I didn't find any of the male avatars particularly interesting either. Except the male witch doctor whose icon sorta looks like dhalsim. The Necro or Paladin from D2 was a lot cooler.

Also, I'm really annoyed that Blizzard's approach to nerfing unintended things is to nerf them to the point of worthlessness. This wasn't the first time... What the hell is the point of smokescreen? Or sc2 reapers which went from overpowered to an occasional appearance.
What's wrong with Reapers making only occasional appearance? It is a very specialized unit with a very specific purpose that is only good in some situations. So the fact that it makes occasional appearance suggests Blizzard made the right changes to it. Reapers are not supposed to be heavily used.

The game is still getting regular hotfixes and balancing patches. The developers are clearly monitoring how often the skills are used and will probably make tweaks to to beef/nerf the skills. The inferno mode will probably see major changes. Blizzard made clear of their goal of making high number of skill combinations viable late game and ridding the game of "absolute-must-have" skills. It would be fantastic if they can achieve that.

Right now I am at early Hell as WD. I have my own list of complains regarding the class (zombie dogs too weak zzz), but I am happy with the game overall and have faith that they will strike the right balance eventually.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:15   Link #2154
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
What's wrong with Reapers making only occasional appearance? It is a very specialized unit with a very specific purpose that is only good in some situations. So the fact that it makes occasional appearance suggests Blizzard made the right changes to it. Reapers are not supposed to be heavily used.
I thought Blizzard admitted that they screwed the Reaper really hard to the point that nobody even bothers with it anymore and that they are currently looking at ways to make them useful again.

On that matter it's annoying the servers are down again for maintenance. I wonder how long this'll keep up until they finally get it right.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:32   Link #2155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I thought Blizzard admitted that they screwed the Reaper really hard to the point that nobody even bothers with it anymore and that they are currently looking at ways to make them useful again.

On that matter it's annoying the servers are down again for maintenance. I wonder how long this'll keep up until they finally get it right.
I finally fixed my launcher so I could patch it, then I was told that the servers are full because people couldn't play for 8 hours and are now all trying to play at the same time...

In my single player game...
Old 2012-05-29, 19:36   Link #2156
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
They didn't just weaken the reaper build though. They destroyed it to point of irrelevancy. There's a difference between making a build weaker, and making one obsolete.

A more extreme example is making a barracks require a supply depot, in which any early barracks is now impossible. Instead of tinkering around with weakening the build times or something. This however, is more reasonable due to the nature of exploitation.

It makes sense to weaken overpowered options. Removing them or weakening them to the point where it's just not practical to use (and thus effectively removing them) reduces player options and makes gameplay more shallow. Starcraft II has gone out of its way to make the majority of its units usable and it has often succeeded. And usually the balance changes Blizzard makes for the Starcraft franchise are more subtle instead of hammering it. Though this is why Diablo balance is a lot worse while everyone worships Blizz for balancing Sc/SC2. Diablo 2 saw entire characters being degraded into completely unusable thanks to balance changes, however with d3's flexible skill assigning this is less of an issue.

But this thread is about D3, and I keep my rants about Sc2 to that other thread.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-29, 20:40   Link #2157
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Okay, finally got the game up and running, and am currently putting my monk through the paces. I think I'm this close to the end of Act 2 on Normal, but I think I'm already falling behind on the damage curve. Anyway, am I right to assume that I don't need to worry about Resistances until late Nightmare?
Old 2012-05-29, 20:48   Link #2158
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

You really can't get resistances til nightmare anyways. Shop vendors or the auction house. I wouldn't waste gold on crafting at this point.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-29, 21:10   Link #2159
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Blah, gold. Not really that well-off in that regard, and what's more the stuff at the shops are... kind of lacking. The blue drops are not that better either, which is why I was surprised when that one shop had a yellow in its inventory....
Old 2012-05-29, 21:10   Link #2160
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Okay, finally got the game up and running, and am currently putting my monk through the paces. I think I'm this close to the end of Act 2 on Normal, but I think I'm already falling behind on the damage curve. Anyway, am I right to assume that I don't need to worry about Resistances until late Nightmare?
The goal is to try to make your resist be 1/10 of your total armour, or as close as you can. This maximises your defence against all attacks.
(In the case of my Wizard, her Resist is massive from her Intel boosts, so I try to pump strength/armour when possible to balance it. )
Diablo 3 is funny in that Armour and Resist both blocks everything; they just came from different sources. When calculating damage, the defence is total Resist times total Armour.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler