AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 07:28   Link #3101
Aesthetic Shampoo

Spent weeks farming act 1 inferno, spent everything on a massive upgrade for act 2, require two suicide bombs for each elite. Yep, sounds legit.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:51   Link #3102
Wigwams

just sold a 700dps dagger with 150 dex and 950 LoH for 6m. im shocked someone actually bought it, was very skeptical when my friend said it was expensive.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:11   Link #3103
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
just sold a 700dps dagger with 150 dex and 950 LoH for 6m. im shocked someone actually bought it, was very skeptical when my friend said it was expensive.
What we need is a market guide. To know what to vendor and what to AH. It's hard to know what people who play different classes and build would need.
Old 2012-07-09, 16:25   Link #3104
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
LOH, primary stat, and crit damage greatly inflate the value of an item.

For other things, just use the filters and set maximum buyouts. If no items appear for the buyout range and given filters, you can charge higher, etc.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:24   Link #3105
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

A few things to take note.
  1. ALL melee weapons, and I do mean ALL, have the same range. Yes, this means that Polearm has the same melee range as a Dagger.
  2. Daggers have the highest base "Attacks per Second" at 1.5. This makes them highly valuable to builds that revolve around procs or per hit skills. Critical Mass Wizards for example, or Life on Hit modifiers.
  3. Life on Hit is what keeps most people ALIVE in Inferno. You don't do damage if you spend most of your time sucking dirt. There are other methods of staying alive, but they usually require eccentric builds or extreme wealth to pull it off.
  4. 1000 Life on Hit is basically the end-goal for Inferno. Having 900 on a weapon alone means a person is free to pursue other attributes on his other pieces of gear. It basically makes gearing much, MUCH easier for the person.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-09, 19:42   Link #3106
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking about LOH, the only way I can get any of that is through jewels, yet I have yet to see drops of the higher Jewel plans. As it is, I'm at 300 LOH via amethyst, but can't get any higher as I haven't actually taught Shen anything higher than Star. At which act can I expect to even have a chance at see these recipes drop?
Old 2012-07-09, 20:11   Link #3107
Skane
Anime Snark

In theory, anywhere on Inferno. In theory, because I myself have not seen any Jewel Plans or Green Sets thus far. I have had four Blacksmith Plans drop, three of which were the exact same Four-Stat Dread Shield plan; and four Legendaries.

At this rate, I will never complete a set on my own. More miffed by the lack of Jewel Plans though.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:17   Link #3108
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Ugh, so that means that we're going to have to get other players to either make higher-end gems for us, or just buy it off them? Either way is not going to be cheap, and last time I checked, the highest-leveled gem was selling at around 22 million. Haruhi, way beyond the means of many of us here.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:30   Link #3109
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

It costs you at least 15 million to make a Radiant Star yourself.
Because of the transaction fee, it can't be sold less than 17 million.
You also need to collect 700+ Flawless Squares and 1500+ Tomes of Secret.

So 22 million is not an unreasonable price.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:41   Link #3110
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You also need the higher-end plans, as Shen native stops at Star. So yeah, expensive in the extreme.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:49   Link #3111
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You also need the higher-end plans, as Shen native stops at Star. So yeah, expensive in the extreme.
The issue is that a radiant star gem isn't worth the equivalent of a 22 million item at the AH.

The gem is priced at 22 million; but its value is a million at best. The question is, do you know anyone who buys them?

If I know there is a market for Radiant Star gems, I would be willing to work towards making them for sale. But as it is, with me personally not willing to shell out my own money to buy one, I have serious doubts that anyone else would either.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:02   Link #3112
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
ALL melee weapons, and I do mean ALL, have the same range. Yes, this means that Polearm has the same melee range as a Dagger.
I will point out that this nonsense does not exist in Torchlight 2; therein, all melee weapons - with the exception of claws - have the natural 'cleave' arcs you'd expect (full damage to selected target, partial damage to all other targets within effect arc). Claws trade this for flat-out ignoring 25% of the target's armor. I'm curious as to how many other RPGs of whatever sort do this - and if the answer is 'none', why hadn't it occurred to anyone before now?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 21:43   Link #3113
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The issue is that a radiant star gem isn't worth the equivalent of a 22 million item at the AH.

The gem is priced at 22 million; but its value is a million at best. The question is, do you know anyone who buys them?
Yep. A lot.
It's actually worth that much, because it's an additional stats to the existed weapon. You can't place it on equal scale as a weapon at similar price.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:45   Link #3114
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

If I know there is a market for Radiant Star gems, I would be willing to work towards making them for sale. But as it is, with me personally not willing to shell out my own money to buy one, I have serious doubts that anyone else would either.
Of course people with low-end gear like you and me don't want it, but someone with high-end gear having a few hundred million of gold at his disposal is different.
If you can't raise your stats anymore by any other mean then paying 22 million for even a tiny amount of stats worths it.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:08   Link #3115
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Yep. A lot.
It's actually worth that much, because it's an additional stats to the existed weapon. You can't place it on equal scale as a weapon at similar price.
Well that's actually good to hear. Because when it comes to it, I am sitting on a lot of dropped gems. If I can somehow turn them into money, even if it takes a while, it would be worth it. I was just worried that I might end up with gems no one want to pay for.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:19   Link #3116
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Because the combining cost is the same for all types of gems, go for emeralds, selling them is more profitable.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:21   Link #3117
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

^^ Not really worth the trouble, though.

Quote:
It costs you at least 15 million to make a Radiant Star yourself.
Because of the transaction fee, it can't be sold less than 17 million.
You also need to collect 700+ Flawless Squares and 1500+ Tomes of Secret.
So after all the cost, you only make a profit at around 2 millions, probably less depend on the type of gem (currently Green one is the most expensive if my mind serves me right).
Old 2012-07-09, 22:49   Link #3118
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Then you must make at least 3 gems in order to make a profit because buying all 3 plans cost you around 5 million (not sure about the current price but I sold the plan for the third highest gem for 1 million).
Of course you can also grind for the plans, but, good luck
Old 2012-07-09, 23:32   Link #3119
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Then you must make at least 3 gems in order to make a profit because buying all 3 plans cost you around 5 million (not sure about the current price but I sold the plan for the third highest gem for 1 million).
Of course you can also grind for the plans, but, good luck
Then the question is, is there a market for plain star gems? I can make them without plans, I just wonder if anyone would buy them. At the very least it saves room in my stash.
Old 2012-07-09, 23:41   Link #3120
Wigwams

i think alot of people do buy them. a simple star gem costs 500k in crafting fees alone. the market price seems to be 600k-700k each star gem and that's already considering the tomes, the smaller gems, the training fee, and the 15% blizztax. the profit is really low i think?

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler