AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-14, 20:41   Link #21
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Spoiler for ep 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 7 short summary +impressions:
Her name is Hatsune (初音) by the way :3 Don't concern yourself with Miku/Vocaloid's accidental (OR NOT) reference in there! Although I must say how they give her name as Otonashi Hatsune in kanji is pretty funny: 音無 "No Sound" 初音 literally means "First sound". And there is that double kanji and placement on the full name lmao (Not as bad as NisiOshin's seriously retarded but awesome names, but still makes me surprised sometimes) Their parents must have truly loved instruments, as Otonashi's given name "Yuzuru" have one kanji that is connected to music, 弦 means bowstring /plays too much La Corda and getting crazy in prepping for something lmao

Also I didn't realize this before Otonashi said it in the episode, but Kanade's name is also connected to "sound"/"music" in that it can mean "play/use an instrument" (Is that OtonashixKanade end hints that I smell from afar? Or rather KanadexOtonashi?! ) Wonder if Yuri's name have anything to do with music, although highly unlikely :|a

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-05-14 at 21:58. Reason: Fixing phail vocab orz
Old 2010-05-14, 20:57   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

ChopChopChop
TK really is awesome

The last part of the episode was nice, the Kanade x Otonashi

I have to wait and see before I can judge the Kanade za 2nd though. As of now... About the level of Geass hypnosis.

The second half was very boring comedy.

The first half... As far as the sob-stories go, this one was probably the best done out of them all. No sudden storytelling time or BL hugging or such...
Though...
A complete remake story of a certain other KEY anime. Maeda, was it? Seems he can't come up with any new ideas, huh. And yet he has time to turn an enemy character into fujoshi bait in one episode. Yareyare... (-_-)
The story actually seemed good too... Until the train suddenly crashed. Yeah...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-05-14, 21:19   Link #23
velderia
Former NEET.

Red-eyed Tenshi is scary. o_o That's all I have to say.

Oh, and 10/10. This episode is well done.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:23   Link #24
Duckys
Quackers.

*Jaw drop* @ Kanade's power o_o;

The second I heard Hatsune's [Otonashi's little sister] voice... I jumped to Nagisa. The whole scene was similar to Ushio's story too.

Indeed, Kanade is another form of the blades of Aiur.

Gateway -> Cybernetics Core -> Citadel of Adun -> Templar Archives = Mmm... do you smell the destruction?

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:30   Link #25
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

finally a "cliffhanger" ending that actually works with the "to be continued" in every ep
Splendid ep.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:31   Link #26
Eater of All
NOM

Spoiler for ep07:
Old 2010-05-14, 21:36   Link #27
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's like picking up a kitten. Cute.

Episode delivered cute Cheerful Pure Little Sister Ill Girl and Tenshi x Otonashi Kanade x Yuzuru moments, so it's a net win.

zomg evil tenshi. Yuri got off pretty lightly if she could still walk after a one-on-one encounter. Did evil!Tenshi slash at her a few times and then run off on her own for the sake of a dramatic appearance from the high ground? She was probably regretting not holding back more against Yuri as she waited and waited for Yuri to stumble back so she could reveal herself. Drama hog.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:37   Link #28
qwevfr

Looking forward to next episode!.....though i have no idea why yuri was standing there instead of helping them fish up the ruler...is she being jealous or something?
Old 2010-05-14, 21:44   Link #29
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
[SPOILER="ep 7"]Also I didn't realize this before Otonashi said it in the episode, but Kanade's name is also connected to "sound"/"music" in that it can mean "play/use an instrument" (Is that OtonashixKanade end hints that I smell from afar? Or rather KanadexOtonashi?! ) Wonder if Yuri's name have anything to do with music, although highly unlikely :|a
Because the pairing wasn't already obvious?

To be honest, I'm really torn between thinking that he likes her or thinking that he thinks of her as a little sister. He could have easily had a subconscious tug to protect and befriend her as a new little sister of sorts. On the other hand, he does openly compliment her and that does give the impression that he might have some attraction to her. At the very least, I'm glad to see more connection between Kanade and Yuzuru mostly because now we get the glory of seeing Kanade playing a major role. She was too adorable and innocent to be just an antagonist.

Spoiler for Otonashi Story:

So now we have some twins. This better be interesting because I would be lying if I said it was a shocking development. Also I have to complain about Naoi because it couldn't be more obvious that they're trying to make his character worthy of a massive following of fangirls. If Naoi keeps giving his man cards to Otonashi I'm going to squish his head between my fingers. Pinch, pinch, pinch...

P.S.: Sunhat is ftw.

Edit: I should add, I get the impression that something is up with Yuri. Though she accepts Tenshi now, it would appear she continues to harbor some hatred for her. A lot of people said that Yuri looked jealous back during the exams, but I didn't get that impression. At this point in time, however, I still can't agree that she's jealous. Her "stare" never gives me the impression of jealousy, and it never has the kind of timing that would give me that impression. Rather, I would say it's more of a suspicious observing that is happening. It's possible that she's a bit jealous, but I wont agree to that theory without some legitimate proof.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:49   Link #30
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I just went through Harmonic again in freeze frame:
-The Tenshi that was split out started with Yellow eyes but quickly turned red. I guess Kanade didn't debug her new skill enough and it went haywire.
Old 2010-05-14, 21:50   Link #31
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
P.S.: Sunhat is ftw.
And they left it behind!
Old 2010-05-14, 21:59   Link #32
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

So looks like this anime is taking the Tenshi/Kanade route huh?

Or maybe Otonashi just has an imouto-complex.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Last edited by touge-n00b; 2010-05-14 at 22:10.
Old 2010-05-14, 22:03   Link #33
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I just went through Harmonic again in freeze frame:
-The Tenshi that was split out started with Yellow eyes but quickly turned red. I guess Kanade didn't debug her new skill enough and it went haywire.
This is one of those rare moments where somebody actually makes a really, really amazing observation that is so good it seems like there is no way it could be anything but the answer to our questions. I suppose it's more than possible that she inadvertently made a replica of herself. If this ends up being the case and a more aggressive Tenshi was created, it could mean that Evil Tenshi could be a long lasting antagonist.
Old 2010-05-14, 22:14   Link #34
Nanashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh boy, I can't wait to see the reactions to this episode....

Spoiler for episode 7 short summary +impressions:
The sound which I have guessed back at episode one beginning, was in fact the sound of a train.
Old 2010-05-14, 22:34   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Once again the episode script is very awkward, wow its only take 1 minute or so to change the moods from tragic flashback to mindless comedy >_>

But at least we have nice cliffhanger this time.
Old 2010-05-14, 22:38   Link #36
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
Adun Toridas
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Need some fanart with her saying "May Adun give you sanctuary"
You know, I can't really figure out why Kana-chan has been attracting Protoss memes to herself lately. Is it that scene of her in Episode 2 with Zealot-like dual handblades?
Old 2010-05-14, 23:07   Link #37
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A complete remake story of a certain other KEY anime. Maeda, was it?
Which story are you talking about 0_o? If your referring to Clannad it is not the same. There are similar aspects in the situation. If anything a combination of ONE.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:15   Link #38
bigdeath

Is it just me or does a certain main character seem as if he "likes" Kanade quite a bit........

Anyway, hoping for some Kanade on Kanade action next week. Oh yeah!
Old 2010-05-14, 23:39   Link #39
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I liked Otonashi's story... I kinda get it why he doesn't have any memories of it from the start. Similar to his life when he feels he doesn't have anything to live for, being deprived of memories also made him feel that he doesn't have anything to do.

And it's tenshi vs tenshi next week.
Old 2010-05-14, 23:43   Link #40
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 7.

First part: Okay. Did Maeda crib Otonashi's story from

Spoiler for a non-Key story:

of all places? And what's with the Otonashi no imouto's name? Otonashi ("silent") Hatsune ("first sound")?

Second part: Ah. I get it now. Adun toridas indeed.

Overall, the pacing could still be better, but what to do.

EDIT: You know, I figured "Hatsune" was just a moniker for a certain song simulation programme. I didn't think it's actually a viable name in Japanese. :\
Closed Thread